Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,556 members, 7,843,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects (498 Views)

Governor Akeredolu Reacts As 88 Ghost Workers Receive Car Loan In Ondo / Gov. Abubakar Diverted N400 Billion Using Ghost Workers - House Speaker, Dogara / Oil Bunkering ; Nigerian Navy Hands Over Vessel And Nine Suspects To EFCC - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by deji17: 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
Ghost Workers: Nigerian govt charges nine suspects
November 1, 2017

Bassey Udo

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on Wednesday arraigned nine suspects for allegedly being responsible for several ghost workers on the payroll of the federal government.

The suspects include Usman Dayo, Osuntope Opeyemi, Johnson Adedokun, Ojeido Sylvanus, Oyebode Ayodeji, Florence Dada, Olaolu Dada, Blessing Ejeh and Aderibigbe Taiwo.

Many of the suspects are civil servants from government agencies like the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources; Environment Ministry and the Federal Civil Service Commission, FCSC.

The federal government has repeatedly said it lost billions of naira to ghost workers and has removed thousands of them from its payroll.
The suspects were charged for allegedly creating and inserting various fictitious names in the payroll of the federal government for salaries and allowances without official consent, thereby causing the loss of several millions of Naira.

The offence is said be in contravention of Section 289 of the Criminal Act.

They were arraigned before Justice U. P. Kekemeke of Court 14, Federal High Court, Apo, Abuja.
When the charges against them were read out, all the nine suspects pleaded not guilty.
Investigators from the anti-graft agency said in the course of investigations, one of the suspects was found to own and operate about 200 personal accounts with different banks in Abuja.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/247969-ghost-workers-nigerian-govt-charges-nine-suspects.html

Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by HungerBAD: 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
Jail them.

Corruption is deeply rooted in our Pysche,and all is guilty of this.

6 Likes

Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by DanseMacabre(m): 2:37pm On Nov 01, 2017
200 personal accounts? shocked

Why that mumu for native come dey hide him face from camera man

When you dey do the time you no know say you fit do the time too shey?

Lengthy prison term fall on you dia.

Though I must say this ghostworker issue reaches the highest levels of government. Even the banks sef dey chop, the ministers, perm secs, accountants; it involves virtually a better part of the 'ogas at the top'.

1 Like

Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by Spylord48: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2017
That means there are nine vacancies in federal civil service now.
Hear of service please can I submit my cv?
Those slots need to be occupied Na.Dont give it out to politicians kids or use man know man format please

Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by Modelqwen(f): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
shocked

Hope buhari is among them.
Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by deji17: 2:51pm On Nov 01, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

Hope buhari is among them.

You think little of your President, maka why?
Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by clevvermind(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
BUHARI TO ME IS A GHOST WORKER.
Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by deji17: 4:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
clevvermind:
BUHARI TO ME IS A GHOST WORKER.
You know that is not true..
Re: Ghost Workers: Nigerian Govt Charges Nine Suspects by IamPatriotic(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
So many civil servants were into this economic crime, from DFAs, Head of salary to, IPPIS desk officers, Directors of Admin. etc, if not for BVN, they wouldn't have been caught, I can say without contradiction that there're still hundreds of fictitious names on the payroll of the Federal Government, it can only take sincere head count verification of Civil Servants to nip it in the bud, or reduce it to the bearest minimum!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know / Photo Reports: Fashola, Hassan Commissions New Substation At Asaba Mains / The Last Statu I'll Erect In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.