Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award (31110 Views)

Full List Of Nominees For CAF Awards 2022 (Photos) / CAF Releases Shortlist Of Nominees For The African Player Of The Year. / "Kanu Is The Best African Player" - Thierry Henry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Xzbit91: 8:33am On Nov 02, 2017
Hahnemann:
Victor moses will win it

Word on the street suggests Mohammed Salah is an early favorite to land the award.

2 Likes

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by dadtoyosi: 8:33am On Nov 02, 2017
sunshineV:
No messi in the list? Trash! CAF is biase
haha

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by kay29000(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2017
Hmm
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by andrew444(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2017
Ayo4251:
I see Baily or Mane winning the award

Bailly or mane winning the award,you did. It pick victor moses even after winning the premier league,ronaldo won FIFA player of the year just because of helping Madrid win champions league,so why do you think Moses cannot win it,our own Moses for that matter,you are putting mane who won nothing,if Mahrez can win the award because of helping Leicester win the premier league then I think Moses has a chance,bailly also won the europa league but stand less chance,mane aubmeyang should never win it,they won nothing
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by sunshineV(f): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2017
DanielsParker:

is Messi African?

Shebi messi na world best, he should've been there
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by zeusdgrt(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2017
sunshineV:
No messi in the list? Trash! CAF is biase
I tire my brother,even Sanchez nor dey.yeye people
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 02, 2017
lawal28c:
i see victore moses,seri and aubemeyang as the 1st three and victor moses clinching the award based on last season's performance.

Ever heard of Aubameyang and Sadio Mane?
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by andrew444(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:
1, Aubameyang
2, Sadio Mane
3, Mohammed Salah.

Take that to the bank.

Those 3 players won no major trophy,if it is by goals scored messi will take the FIFA player and the balon d or, but it belongs to ronaldo because he help Madrid win the champions league.

2 Likes

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by EbukaLive(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2017
I think CAF mistook Troost-Ekong for Leon Balogun...
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by cheta02(m): 8:36am On Nov 02, 2017
My take ....
1.Salah
2.Mane
3.Victor moses
Then the winner is MANE (LIVERPOOL) because he has been very consistent and delivering up to date.

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by greatseed: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Victor Moses remains a huge favourite for the award, any other two of the rest of the nominees could come second and third respectively.
Can u state ur reason pls? I doubt it Sha! How many goals did he score in d last season? Anyway generally African players are dropping in standard.... Out of all the named players, none of them has done anything spectacular ..... The truth be said

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by hucienda: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2017
I think it'd be between the Gabonese and Senegalese internationals.

Dunno how it would be decided though, since Aubameyang and Mané won no trophy ...

Or who knows? Maybe the Nigerian international, Moses could nick it.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by suxes2005(m): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:
1, Aubameyang
2, Sadio Mane
3, Mohammed Salah.

Take that to the bank.

I was about to come on Fb to ask your thought as regarding this ...

I'll take this to the bank. Wish Moses ...

SHALOM
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by error4040: 8:39am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:

Victor Moses wont make Top 3. It is a straight fight between Aubameyang and Mane.
Word!!!
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Luisema4luv(m): 8:41am On Nov 02, 2017
Salah, mane, aubu in dat order
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by mokset123: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2017
i see victor moses lifting the title come january 2018

2 Likes

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by sod09(m): 8:41am On Nov 02, 2017
sadio mane
salah
moses
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by feeloscar(m): 8:41am On Nov 02, 2017
DanielsParker:

is Messi African?
No, he is Japanese grin
DanielsParker:

is Messi African?
No, he is Japanese
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by ouzo1(m): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2017
Humility017:

my brother some peeps don't just have sense...even though they say sense is common....

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 02, 2017
andrew444:

Those 3 players won no major trophy,if it is by goals scored messi will take the FIFA player and the balon d or, but it belongs to ronaldo because he help Madrid win the champions league.

Oga, I'm an analyst. I'm not into arguing based on national sentiments. I can't make a fool of myself just because I'm a Nigerian

Check the only 2 Africans that made the list of 30 Nominees for World Player of the Year 2017 . That should give you an inkling into who the best 2 African footballers in 2017 are.

I'm not into these petty arguments. Victor Moses can never win APOTY in 2017.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by lawal28c: 8:43am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:

sadio mane wasnt on a clean straight form last season,dude was injured on international duty and couldnt perform well till the end of the season.moses did,aubemeyang did and seri was 1 of the best mid fielders in france last season,wanted by a number of top european clubs like arsenal and barca
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by meforyou1(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2017
Would love Victor Moses to win it though. But i gibe it to Salla
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by VitaminB12(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
DanielsParker:

is Messi African?
Is CAF, FIFA? You fell for this clown
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
lawal28c:
sadio mane wasnt on a clean straight form last season,dude was injured on international duty and couldnt perform well till the end of the season.moses did,aubemeyang did and seri was 1 of the best mid fielders in france last season,wanted by a number of top european clubs like arsenal and barca

So his emergence as one of the Top 30 Footballers in the World by FIFA in the WPOTY shortlst was based on 2012 performance?

Sit down there.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by andrew444(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2017
greatseed:
Can u state ur reason pls? I doubt it Sha! How many goals did he score in d last season? Anyway generally African players are dropping in standard.... Out of all the named players, none of them has done anything spectacular ..... The truth be said

How many goals did ronaldo score last season?messi scored more than him,even Suarez,did that make them to win it?
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by toseen7: 8:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:

Bros, Moses had a great season too,(far better than mane's) key player for Chelsea last season.. Won the league and also played in the F.A Cup final....
He will make the Top 3, can bet that!

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2017
toseen7:
Bros, Moses had a great season too,(far better than mane's) key player for Chelsea last season.. Won the league and also played in the F.A Cup final

Okay. FIFA world pundits that listed Mane (and not Moses) in the list of 30 Best players in the world in 2017 did not watch Chelsea last season.
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Magjoel(m): 8:49am On Nov 02, 2017
Victor Moses for Africa best
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by geezville(m): 8:49am On Nov 02, 2017
Aubameyang!!!!!!
Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by Brightolanton(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2017
Jarus:
1, Aubameyang
2, Sadio Mane
3, Mohammed Salah.

Take that to the bank.

Very objective choice. All posers rooting for Moses, I believe are not being realistic.

1 Like

Re: CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award by fredoooooo: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2017
osothermal:
I think it's Salah's own
Salah ko ileya ni tongue ...... MANE got this cool
But I want Moses wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Go A Year Unbeaten In Premier League / Guardiola Refuses To Apologise To City Fans. / Supersport Won’t Air Nations Cup Matches As DSTV Fails To Secure AFCON Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.