Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Dustin Hoffman Sexually Harassed Me On Set When I Was 17 -A Top US Author Claims - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dustin Hoffman Sexually Harassed Me On Set When I Was 17 -A Top US Author Claims (425 Views)

Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / Mercy Johnson Turns Fufu Seller On Set (Photos, Video) / Nollywood Movie Goes Wrong As Actors Almost Fought On Set (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dustin Hoffman Sexually Harassed Me On Set When I Was 17 -A Top US Author Claims by Thomasloaded(m): 12:56am On Nov 02, 2017
A top US author claims she was sexually harassed by an American actor and a director, Dustin Hoffman, 80, when she was a 17-year-old intern on the set of the movie, Death of a Salesman.

The Graduate star, 80, told a young Hunter he wanted a "hard-boiled egg, and a soft-boiled clitoris" in one of her most damning allegations.

She also alleged he repeatedly asked if she had recently had sex, told Hunter he wanted her breasts for lunch and gave several women on set a keyring carrying the words "Love, Willy".

The author added: "At 49, I understand what Dustin Hoffman did as it fits into the larger pattern of what women experience in Hollywood and everywhere.

"He was a predator, I was a child, and this was sexual harassment."

However, she claims she was reprimanded by her supervisor for making it “an issue.”

She told THR on reflection:
"Yes, he was gross. But he could also be sweet and wanted me to like him. Which I did… Whenever I talk about this, I sense that my listeners want a victim and a villain. And I wish my feelings were as clear as theirs. I would be more comfortable if I felt nothing but revulsion for a man who had power over me and abused it. But I still like watching him onscreen."At 49, I understand what Dustin Hoffman did as it fits into the larger pattern of what women experience in Hollywood and everywhere. He was a predator, I was a child, and this was sexual harassment. As to how it fits into my own pattern, I imagine I'll be figuring that out for years to come."

Double Oscar winner Hoffman, who was 48 at the time, apologised following Hunter's claims, published by Hollywood Reporter. He said;

"I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation. I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am.”

Source:http://www.thomasloaded.com/2017/11/dustin-hoffman-sexually-harassed-me.html

(1) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Breaks Another Youtube Record / Tyrese Threatens To Quit Fast And Furious Series – See Why Here / Double Six Muzik Studios (Beats, Mixing, Mastering) @ Affordable Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.