Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. (2286 Views)

The Untold Truth About Muhammad's Childhood / What The Bible Say About Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2010
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto
thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto
them all that I shall command him.

Deuteronomy, chapter 18, verse 18.

"To whom does this prophecy refer?" i am sure some are refer it Jesus, if you refer the verse to him, what is your reason?

For only well learned christians please, no room for argue here please.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 11:33am On Mar 18, 2010
note,

the most important words of this prophecy are 'like unto thee' meaning like moses.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2010
if there's no doubt the verse of duetoromony refer to jesus , so 'in which way is jesus like moses?
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2010
chakula:

note,

the most important words of this prophecy are 'like unto thee'  meaning like moses.
Must u confused moslems use d bible to justify ur mythical book(quran)?
Go to answering islam u will find out that Jesus was d person being spoken about&not mohammad.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 18, 2010
chakula:

if there's no doubt the verse of duetoromony refer to jesus , so 'in which way is jesus like moses?
Jesus was thrown down from heaven cus he wasnt born by a woman,like moses was. Ignorant question.
I presume u have access to d bible,y dnt u trace d geneology of Jesus&moses?
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by karo93: 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
Jesus was a JEW[HEBREW]/ISREALITE like moses
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2010
@toba,

please answer my question first adjacent to dueto.18,18. if you can't your participation over this disscussion is highly not needed.

i am not present here for skirmishing please, if you are not sound related to biblical issues please quit.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
chakula:

Deuteronomy, chapter 18, verse 18.

"To whom does this prophecy refer?" i am sure some are refer it Jesus, if you refer the verse to him, what is your reason?

Here is my answer in another thread on the same thing raised by Abu-Safwan:

Abu-Safwan:
This exactly as the prophecy has it- 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18).

And that is what I shall dwell upon.

The foundation of Deuteronomy 18:18 is the Mosaic covenant given to Isreal as found reiterated in Deuteronomy chapter 5 - "The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb", and goes on to show that this covenant was not made with any other nation apart from the Jews. For Deut. 18:18 to have any import, it would have to be based on the covenant which forms its foundation - and that is where we shall try to understand what is meant in that context by 'brethren'.

First, Jews do not receive their prophecies from Arabs - which is why that verse in 18:18 clearly points out.

Second, 'brethren' as used there is one of covenant relationship among all those who are home-born as Jews and can show their pedigree from the families of Israel. Others who lived among them but could not point to any Jewish family ties were called 'sojourners' or 'strangers', not brethren. It is for this reason that two distinct groups were recognized in Israel based upon that covenant: "Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel" (Lev. 20:2).

Third, it is important for anyone at that time to identify their pedigree - otherwise it would be practically impossible for such a person to know where they stood in relation to the covenant life of Israel. Some of these covenant living include:

[list][li]the feast of the Jews[/li]
[li]political and civil life[/li]
[li]covenant relationships in prophecy[/li][/list]

Where is Muhammad in all that?

But more to the point is that there was only ONE LAW applicable to all who dwelt within Israel (Lev. 24:22); yet, sojourners (that is non-Jewish people dwelling in Israel) could not partake of the feasts of the Jews in exactly the same ceremonial standing as a native Jew. Why? Because when the covenant was made and ratified, it was representing only Jews - "The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day" (Deut. 5:3). So what then does this entail? Look below:

A. Jewish Feasts - Conditions for the Sojourner:

[list]Exodus 12:43-45, 48 ~~ "And the LORD said unto Moses and Aaron, This is the ordinance of the passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof: But every man's servant that is bought for money, when thou hast circumcised him, then shall he eat thereof. A foreigner and an hired servant shall not eat thereof." . . . "And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof."[/list]
[list]Exodus 29:33 - "And they shall eat those things wherewith the atonement was made, to consecrate and to sanctify them: but a stranger shall not eat thereof, because they are holy."[/list]
[list]Lev. 22:10 - "There shall no stranger eat of the holy thing: a sojourner of the priest, or an hired servant, shall not eat of the holy thing."[/list]

B. Jewish Political Governance - Strangers Cannot Be Kings

[list]Deuteronomy 17:14-15  ~ "When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me; Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother."[/list]

The Law makes a clear case for the following regarding Jews and sojourners/strangers:

[list](a) a sojourner or stranger (a non-native Jew) could not be a Jewish priest
(b) a sojourner or stranger (a non-native Jew) could not be a Jewish king
(c)  a sojourner or stranger (a non-native Jew) could not be a Jewish prophet[/list]

And all those 3 elements were pointing to the very Messiah in Jewish prophecies.

You can see that the Law does not confuse a Jew for a non-Jew; and nowhere in the Law is an Arab included in the covenant of the Jews. Muhammad is not one of the Jews, nor could he have been one of their 'brethren' to rise from among them based on that Jewish covenant. Deedat should have pointed all this to you and told you the plain truth - no, he did not; rather he just trailed off wherever he saw 'brethren' and assumed it applied to Muhammad; yet, not even Muhammad recognized the Jews as his 'brethren', and that is no surprise to see why the Arab Muslims hate the Jews to this day.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2010
@vairo,

thank you and i will ready for this discussion with you, on the otherhand i will like to answer my question in a simple words for me to understanding.

matters concerning brethren i have a source over it, which is
The prophecy is much more than this single phrase which reads
as follows: "I WILL RAISE THEM UP A PROPHET FROM AMONG THEIR
BRETHREN LIKE UNTO THEE . . . . . ." The emphasis is on the words -
'From among their brethren.' Moses and his people, the Jews, are here
adressed as a racial entity, and as such their 'brethren' would undoubtedly
be the Arabs. You see, the Holy Bible speaks of Abraham as the "Friend of
God". Abraham had two wives - Sarah and Hagar. Hagar bore Abraham a
son - HIS FIRST-BORN - ' . . . . . . And Abraham called HIS SON'S
name, which Hagar bore, Ishmael.' (Genesis16:15). 'And Abraham
took Ishmael HIS SON . . . . . ." (Genesis 17:23). 'And Ishmael HIS
SON was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of
his foreskin.' (Genesis 17:25). Up to the age of THIRTEEN Ishmael was the
ONLY son and seed of Abraham, when the covenant was ratified between
God and Abraham. God grants Abraham another son through Sarah, named
Isaac, who was very much the junior to his brother Ishmael.

Arabs and Jews
If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they are
brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the
children of the other. The children of Isaac are the Jews and the children
of Ishmael are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another. The Bible
affirms, 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) SHALL DWELL IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS
BRETHREN.' (Genesis 16:12). 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) DIED IN THE PRESENCE
OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 25:18). The children of Isaac are the
brethren of the Ishmaelites. In like manner Muhummed is from among the
brethren of the Israelites because he was a descendant of Ishmael the son of
Abraham. This is exactly as the prophecy has it - 'FROM AMONG THEIR
BRETHREN'. (Deut. 18:18). The the prophecy distinctly mentions that the
coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children
of Israel' or from 'among themselves', but from among their brethren.
MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by afiq(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2010
Muhammad was a fake prophet. Enough said lol
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2010
[quote][/quote]

This thread is for learned christians, not like you.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
chakula:

This thread is for learned christians, not like you.

What gives u d impression that 'afiq' is unlearned? Thats d problem with muslims.U chakula, u re an attention seeker. Im not interested in your thread cos the topic u raised had been trashed out on couple of occassions.Starting same topic has amounted to frivolity on your part
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by guvera: 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2010
chukala, you are an ignorant fool.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2010
guvera:

chukala, you are an ignorant fool.

Lol, let's help him instead to see what he's missing.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2010
chakula:

@vairo,

thank you and i will ready for this discussion with you, on the otherhand i will like to answer my question in a simple words for me to understanding.

No worries, chakula - I don't know it all, but I'll try and consider your questions.

matters concerning brethren i have a source over it, which is
The prophecy is much more than this single phrase which reads
as follows: "I WILL RAISE THEM UP A PROPHET FROM AMONG THEIR
BRETHREN LIKE UNTO THEE . . . . . ." The emphasis is on the words -
'From among their brethren.'

I think I've addressed what that means precisely. The 'emphasis' in itself is the reason why I outlined the fact that it could not have meant any other nation or tribe than only than those under the Jewish covenant as the nation of Israel. It was not pointing to outside entities from the Israelites, but from within Israel - this is why Deut. 18:15 makes plain already what was meant: "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken."

Moses and his people, the Jews, are here
adressed as a racial entity, and as such their 'brethren' would undoubtedly
be the Arabs.

Not at all. See again Deut. 18:15 where God spoke about Israel and only Israel - the Prophet was to rise from WITHIN - "from the midst of thee" - words could not be clearer.

You see, the Holy Bible speaks of Abraham as the "Friend of
God". Abraham had two wives - Sarah and Hagar. Hagar bore Abraham a
son - HIS FIRST-BORN - ' . . . . . . And Abraham called HIS SON'S
name, which Hagar bore, Ishmael.' (Genesis16:15). 'And Abraham
took Ishmael HIS SON . . . . . ." (Genesis 17:23). 'And Ishmael HIS
SON was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of
his foreskin.' (Genesis 17:25). Up to the age of THIRTEEN Ishmael was the
ONLY son and seed of Abraham, when the covenant was ratified between
God and Abraham. God grants Abraham another son through Sarah, named
Isaac, who was very much the junior to his brother Ishmael.

Hang on here, chakula. You don't know what a 'covenant' is, and that is obvious. Let me help you:

(1) The verse in Deuteronomy 18:15 & 18 were spoken to a nation who were under the JEWISH covenant, and not to someone else under any Egyptian covenant. It is for this reason that much ealier in Deut. 5:2-3, Moses declared boldy that the Jewish covenant which God gave to Israel did not stretch back to the times of Abraham --- "The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. Not with our fathers did the LORD make this covenant, but with us, who are all of us here alive today."

(2) You can see from the above alone that Deuteronomy 18 was spoken to a people under the Jewish covenant expressly ratified and confirmed much earlier in Deut. 5:2-3. It had nothing to do with Egyptians or Arabs, and as such, you cannot extend this to mean that "brethren" in Deut. 18:18 was pointing to the Arabs, in so far that vese 15 makes clear that the Prophet was to rise "from the midst of thee" - from within the jewish nation, of which Muhammad has no trace whatsoever.

(3) It is remarkable that Muslim apologists who often argue "brethren" for the Arab prophet Muhammad in Deut. 18:18 often stop at Genesis 17 when talking about Abraham's children. Please go further than that and read up to Genesis 25:1-2, where the other children of Abraham are mentioned:

'Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.
And she bare him Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian,
and Ishbak, and Shuah.'

(5) Why is it that Muslim apologists do not read up to Genesis 25 when arguing the "brethren" of the Israelites? Just as Ishmael was Isaac's half-brother through Hagar, so are those other guys (Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah) Isaac's half-brothers as well through Keturah!

(6) Now, those to whom Moses spoke to in Deuteronomy 18 were the twelve tribes of the Israelites who were of all from the twelve sons of JACOB (Genesis 49), and the same Jacob was called 'Israel' (Gen. 32:28). From this, we know that Ishmael was Jacob's "uncle", being the half-brother of Jacob's father, Isaac - thus, you cannot begin to dribble any Arab from the twelve dukes/princes of Ishmael (Gen. 25:16) into the twelve tribes of Jacob.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2010
@chakula,

Arabs and Jews
If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they
are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the
children of the other.

Nope, they are half-brothers - for they are not of the same mothers. To argue the way you are doing would mean that you are ignoring the sons of Keturah (Gen. 25:2-3) and other sons that Abraham had through his concubines (Gen. 25:6). Nothing in all these passages can be used to claim that Arabs were under the Jewish covenants in Deuteronomy 18, and that is why your arguments completely collapse.

The children of Isaac are the Jews and the children of Ishmael
are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another.

The children of JACOB are the Jews; while the children of Jacob's UNCLE are the Arabs - your uncle and yourself cannot be said to be "brothers" of the same direct father and mother.

The Bible affirms, 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) SHALL DWELL IN THE
PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 16:12). 'AND HE (ISHMAEL)
DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 25:18).

(1)    Did you first take note of that fact that the Bible affirms that Ishmael would be a WILD MAN and his hand shall be AGAINST EVERY MAN (Genesis 16:12)? What does that say to you, personally?

(2)    Have you taken the time to find out how many were the "brethren" of Ishmael? Scroll up and see for yourself.

(3)    Did you take time to note that the dwelling of all the sons of Abraham were NOT the same place? The sons of Abraham by his concubines went to the "east country" (Gen. 25:6); Ishmael the son of Abraham by Hagar was dwelling in "the wilderness of Paran" (Gen. 21:21), while Ishmael's descendants were dwelling from 'Havilah unto Shur' that is before Egypt towards Assyria (Gen. 25:18); while Isaac was dwelling by the well Lahairoi in the "south country" (Gen. 24:62 and 25:11).

(4)    From the above, it is plain that Isaac's dwelling place and that of Ishmael are not precisely the same. Therefore, you cannot read either of Genesis 16:12 or 25:18 to mean that they all were dwelling as one racial entity and/or in the same precise location.

(5)    Genesis 25:18 ("he died in the presence of all his brethren"wink does not mean that Ishmael died in the same place as all his half-brothers were dwelling. Rather, it simply means that his half-brothers had come to pay their last respects when Ishmael was dying, and thus they witnessed his last breaths - it was commonly understood in that manner back then, such that relatives came from a distance to a common place where they mourned their deceased (cf. Genesis 23:2 - "Abraham came to mourn for Sarah"wink.

The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. In like manner
Muhummed is from among the brethren of the Israelites because he was
a descendant of Ishmael the son of Abraham. This is exactly as the prophecy
has it - 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'. (Deut. 18:18).

How do you then explain how Muhammad could have risen from the midst of the Jews in Deuteronomy 18:15? This verses clearly says: "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken."  As an Arab, what was Muhammad doing in "the midst of" the Jews in the Jewish covenant under wich the Israelites received that prophecy (Deut. 5:2-3)? The Arabs were not even dwelling in the midst of Israel - not back then, not in Muhammad's day - so how do you explain deuteronomy 18:15? grin

The the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet
who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel'
or from 'among themselves', but from among their brethren.
MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!

This is where again your interpretation collapses upon itself.

(1)  The prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming Prophet who would be like Moses, must arise indeed from the 'children of Israel' - that is what verse 15 distinctly declares: withese words "from the midst of thee,"  and we know that Muhammad's Arabian tribe was not in the midst of the Jews nor had any part in the Jewish covenants.

(2)  Muhammad was therefore not among their brethren, for the prophecy is clear that it was not looking outside Israel when it declares: "from the midst of thee" in Deut. 18:15.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by nuclearboy(m): 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
@chakulakula:

mahmoud (mohammed) is not mentioned in the Bible except as part of the locusts infestation in Revelations. Go read that to know who you are. I'm suprised you all are not even ashamed to open your guts here after what your heroes have been doing in Jos - now you are eating human tongues. Yet you want to hope the Almighty Creator is involved in the insanity you revel in. Lies upon delusions which stood on demonism.

The proof od the pudding is in the eating. Your brothers in blood have shown you are locusts, not a desire of God.

shame on you all.

Chairman V: Finally, you drove my main man DS out of NL. How sad!
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2010
no surprise . . . chakula hasnt come back to respond. Apparently the site he copied his claims from did not go into such depth as viaro. grin
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2010
@vairo thank you,

but yet my question is unanswer, all i want is not beyond to enligteen me, by responding that the verse was referred to so person, without vilify i want you to mollify and answer me straight forward, that is the beginning of the disscussion with you.

@davidylan,@nuclearboy,and the rest i am no more interested on your posting again, because i am not here for skirmishing.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2010
chakula:

@vairo thank you,

but yet my question is unanswer, all i want is not beyond to enligteen me, by responding that the verse was referred to so person, without vilify i want you to mollify and answer me straight forward, that is the beginning of the disscussion with you.

She answered you with very fine details TWICE.

She thoroughly explained what Deut 18:18 meant by the term "brethren". She CLEARLY differentiated between "brethren" or "strangers" and gave 3 biblical distinctions between them. She gave concrete reasons why arabs are NOT considered "brethren" with jews (thus nullifying mohammad as being the person refered to in Deut 18:18 since he is NOt considered brethren with jews).

She also asked WHY muslims want to push themselves as "brethren" with jews (in order to force mohammad into the bible) while IGNORING all other children of Abraham from his concubines and Keturah.

You did not respond to ANY of these details . . . rather you come back to whine that your "question" was unanswered? Unbelievable.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by nuclearboy(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
In addition to what David has said above, story story, storiiiiii!

Anyway, the Prophet to be raised up was to come from their brethren. EVERY SINGLE ONE of ISRAEL's prophets came from Israel. It is your book that has Alexander the great and mohammed as prophets, not the Holy Bible. Every single one of those considered as prophets by Israel showed definite signs that He heard from God. Nobody except mohammed ever thought or felt it was a devil or demon afflicting him. All of them became holier as they grew in God's knowledge and service. Only your guy became more desperate and cruel as time went on. How many Biblical phophets did you notice died from their own evil desires yet remained celebrated? NOT ONE! Na only your guy!

A prophet that encourages and even DEMANDS compulsion in religion! Show one of those "brethren" you want to claim as yours today who did the same!
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by afiq(m): 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2010
Chakulalala bla bla bla bla once an idiot always an idiot
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 8:38am On Mar 19, 2010
@davidlyan, nuclearboy,

i am not happy adjacent to your post, but sha no problem hope that you all discovered the above verse that withuot disparage i asked for it 's meaning, but you guys were busy pointed the word brethren and capitalised on it, what of the other parts of the verse like(" like unto
thee" "and I will put my words in his mouth " "and he shall speak unto
them" " all that I shall command him") won't you know the meaning of this,if not, guys evacuate please,while if yes translate!!!!.As i mentioned earlier no room for argue make use of your number six only to depend your point not to apply through ignorance and vilify please.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2010
@afiq
Chakulalala bla bla bla bla once an idiot always an idiot
[quote][/quote]

better for you to refered the above saying to yourself.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 8:56am On Mar 19, 2010
@toba
Must u confused moslems use d bible to justify your mythical book(quran)?
Go to answering islam u will find out that Jesus was d person being spoken about¬ mohammad.
[quote][/quote]

you mentioned that the jesus was the person being the verse spoken about not Muhammed i reason with you, but in which way jesus is like moses, please explain!!!
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 19, 2010
At moses birth,Pharaoh wanted all Hebrew boys killed.Exodus1:15-16.

At christs birth,Herod wanted all Hebrew children killed.Matthew 2:16
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 11:16am On Mar 19, 2010
davidylan:

She answered you with very fine details TWICE.

She thoroughly explained what Deut 18:18 meant by the term "brethren". She CLEARLY differentiated between "brethren" or "strangers" and gave 3 biblical distinctions between them. She gave concrete reasons why arabs are NOT considered "brethren" with jews (thus nullifying mohammad as being the person refered to in Deut 18:18 since he is NOt considered brethren with jews).

She also asked WHY muslims want to push themselves as "brethren" with jews (in order to force mohammad into the bible) while IGNORING all other children of Abraham from his concubines and Keturah.

You did not respond to ANY of these details . . . rather you come back to whine that your "question" was unanswered? Unbelievable.

Haha . . . davidylan - all the "she" for viaro? grin
Shoulda been a "he", lol.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2010
nuclearboy:

Chairman V: Finally, you drove my main man DS out of NL. How sad!

Commander nuclearboy, my deepest apologies. undecided
It was not intentional and I must admit to my overreaching myself in that. Only heaven knows how many times I tried to not explode and send him out quicker - not minding how often I tried within reason to appeal to his rationale point of humanity. grin
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 11:28am On Mar 19, 2010
chakula:

@vairo thank you,

But didn't I show that it was referring to a Person? At least I discussed the point on a number of highlights, as davidylan pointed out; and here's a recap -

(a) it was referring to a Person:
In my first repost, after showing what the covenants were pointing to, I summed it all up by saying - "And all those 3 elements were pointing to the very Messiah in Jewish prophecies."

(b) it could not be pointing to another person like Muhammad:
Again, after delineating the points in my answers, I gave the summaries - "nowhere in the Law is an Arab included in the covenant of the Jews. Muhammad is not one of the Jews, nor could he have been one of their 'brethren' to rise from among them based on that Jewish covenant."

So, I really don't understand what you might possibly mean by saying your questioned was unanswered. Care to explicate?
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by viaro: 11:56am On Mar 19, 2010
chakula:

@davidlyan, nuclearboy,

i am not happy adjacent to your post, but sha no problem hope that you all discovered the above verse that withuot disparage i asked for it 's meaning, but you guys were busy pointed the word brethren and capitalised on it, what of the other parts of the verse like(" like unto thee" "and I will put my words in his mouth " "and he shall speak unto them" " all that I shall command him"wink won't you know the meaning of this,if not, guys evacuate please,while if yes translate!!!!.As i mentioned earlier no room for argue make use of your number six only to depend your point not to apply through ignorance and vilify please.

Well, I wonder if you tried to understand the whole picture in Deuteronomy 18. Here are a few again:

(a) You cannot fully understand verse 18 if you ignore verse 15 of Deut. 18.

(b) It is in verse 15 we find that the Prophet was to rise "from the midst of thee" - that is, from the midst of Israel, and not from another nation.

(c) This should make you chakula ask yourself a most pertinent question:
(1) was Muhammad raised from the midst of the nation of Israel?
(2) were the Arabs in the midst of Israel at the time of Muhammad?
(3) was Muhammad as a Quraish Arab under the Jewish covenant at the time of Islam?
(4) did Muhammad bear any burden of a "prophecy" in line with Jewish prophecies?

(d) Besides, Muhammad was not like Moses - for it is written that God spoke to Moses face to face, that is "directly" (Exo. 33:11 - "the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend"wink; but where is it recorded at anytime that Allah spoke to Muhammad face to face or directly?

(e) Again, to assure you, the Bible declares the manner in which God related to Moses in Num. 12:6-8 >> "With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold". The same thing is declared about Jesus Christ (John 6:46 - "he hath seen the Father"wink. Please tell me: where has Muhammad seen Allah at any time?

(f) In this matter of speaking from God, Moses declared how that Israel heard the voice of God during his time (Deut. 4:33 and 5:4); the same thing happened as Jesus ministered to the people who heard the mighty voice of God (John 12:28-29). In several instances, we read how that the people heard the voice of God during Moses and Jesus' time on earth - so the question I ask you is this: where did any of the followers of Muhammad at any time hear the voice of Allah? Where did Allah speak directly to Muhammad?

You see that in so many ways that one could compare between Moses and Muhammad on the identities of a PROPHET, Muhammad does not even come close to the standing of Moses. There was not a time at all that Muhammad ever saw or heard Allah directly; nor did anyone who followed Muhammad ever hear or saw Allah. NONE. I would spare you other details, but these few should help you come to a conclusion about how flawed your interpretations were.
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ vairo,

will you continue to conclude the verse translation, since that word brethren is the only word that you translate out of the verse,
Re: What The Bible Says About Muhammad S.a.w. by chakula: 12:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
Three Unlikes: In the FIRST place Jesus is not like Moses,
because, according to you - 'JESUS IS A GOD', but Moses is not God, is this
true?" "SECONDLY, according to you - 'JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE
WORLD', but Moses did not have to die for the sins of the world. Is this
true?" ""THIRDLY, according to you - 'JESUS WENT TO HELL FOR THREE DAYS', but
Moses did not have to go there. Is this true?"

Father and Mother
(1) "Moses had a father and a mother. Muhummed also had a father and a
mother. But Jesus had only a mother, and no human father. Is this true?" He
said: "Therefore Jesus is not like
Moses, but Muhummed is like Moses!"

Miraculous Birth
(2) "Moses and Muhummed were born in the normal, natural course, i.e. the
physical association of man and woman; but Jesus was created by a special
miracle. You will recall that we are told in the Gospel of St. Matthew 1:18." '.
. . . . . BEFORE THEY CAME TOGETHER, (Joseph the Carpenter and Mary)
SHE WAS FOUND WITH CHILD BY THE HOLY GHOST.' And St. Luke tells
us that when the good news of the birth of a holy son was announced to her,
Mary reasoned: '. . . . . HOW SHALL THIS BE, SEEING I KNOW NOT A MAN?AND THE ANGEL ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HER, THE HOLY GHOST SHALL
COME UPON THEE, AND THE POWER OF THE HIGHEST SHALL OVERSHADOW
THEE: . . . . .' (Luke 1:35). The Holy Qur'an confirms the miraculous birth of
Jesus, in nobler and sublimer terms. In answer to her logical question: "O
my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me? The
angel says in reply: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: when He
hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it "Be," and it is!' (Holy Qur'an,
3:47). It is not necessary for God to plant a seed in man or animal. He
merely wills it and it comes into being. This is the Muslim conception of the
birth of Jesus"."Is it true that
Jesus was born miraculously as against the natural birth of Moses and
Muhurthmed?": "Therefore Jesus is not
like Moses, but Muhummed is like Moses. And God says to Moses in the
Book of Deuteronomy 18:18 "LIKE UNTO THEE" (Like You, Like Moses) and
Muhummed is like Moses."

"Is it true that
Jesus was born miraculously as against the natural birth of Moses and
Muhurthmed?" "Therefore Jesus is not
like Moses, but Muhummed is like Moses. And God says to Moses in the
Book of Deuteronomy 18:18 "LIKE UNTO THEE" (Like You, Like Moses) and
Muhummed is like Moses."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Clinically Dead 3-year Old Comes Back To Life, Saw Granny In Heaven! / What Is Wrong With A Parable? / Whats Your View On Household Wickedness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.