Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

How To Catch Cold Callers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Catch Cold Callers (431 Views)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Coronavirus Will Not Catch You - Pastor Kumuyi Says (Video) / Pastor Adeboye: Daddy Freeze Disparaged, But Failed To Catch On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Catch Cold Callers by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
Another telemarketer called:

“Hello. I’m calling to let you know that we can come and clean the air ducts in your AC for half price.
“That’s very kind of you. What’s your name?”
“Jeannie.”
“Jeannie. Do you think there’s an afterlife? Does Heaven exist?”
“Actually, I do.”
“Are you going there—are you a good person?”
“Yes, I am actually.”
“I have a quick test for you. It’s won’t take much of your time. How many lies do you think you have told in your whole life?”
“Not that many.”
“Have you ever taken something that belongs to someone else, even if it was small…in your whole life?”
“No.”
“Have you ever used God’s Name in vain—OMG or anything like that?”
“No.”
“One to go Jeannie. Jesus said that if we look with lust we commit adultery in our heart. Have you ever looked at someone with lust, even once?
“No. I've been with my husband for 20 years.”
“Before then?”
She conceded that she probably had.
“Jeanne. I have some bad news for you.”
“What’s that?”
“By your own admission you are a liar and an adulterer at heart. If God judges you by the Ten Commandments on Judgment Day (we've looked at four of them), will you be innocent or guilty?”
“I don’t know.”
“You are a liar and an adulterer at heart, so you would be guilty, as would the rest of us.”
“If you are guilty, would you go to Heaven or Hell?”
“That’s up to God.”
“Well, His Word says, ‘All liars will have their part in the lake of fire,’ and that no adulterer will inherit the kingdom of God.”

At this point she didn't respond, so I quickly said, “But God doesn’t want anyone to end up in Hell. That’s why He provided a Savior. Jesus suffered on the cross 2,000 years ago so that you could be forgiven. If you will repent and trust in Him God will forgive you and grant you everlasting life.”

That’s when the line went dead--which didn't concern me. She listened to that point, and I would rather have her hang up in my ear because her false peace has been disturbed, than have her say,

“That’s very nice Mr. Comfort. Now, can we clean your air duct for 50% off.”

Please pray for Jeannie.

Pic. Lsuff

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 1 November 2014 ·

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 09/11/2017) You Will Face Mockers. / Based On The Tithe Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.