Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,282 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing (430 Views)

Nothing Will Change Our Loyalty To T.B. Joshua – Worshippers / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing by osazekid(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
I just heard in the radio about a woman who was told by someone that she can pay tithe to someone in need; Also most people give their tithe because blessing is attached to it, that's a wrong mindset.

let me share this illustration with you, you were told that bill gate is coming over to your place, Bros even if you had the last food stuff in your house, you'll use it to prepare food for him, the kind of food that you have never given to yourself before, just to honour him.

that's it with God, he wants us to honour him with our giving , God's not looking at your money, its your attitude towards your giving that he's after.

so please next time don't give because the church needs the money, or because God will bless you, or it is a must (under compulsion) but give because of who he is, give because you want to honour him, give because he has blessed you, and you want to show it to him, give because he loves you, thank you.

1 Like

Re: We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing by Seun(m): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
I just heard in the radio about a woman who was told by someone that she can pay tithe to someone in need

give because of who he is, give because you want to honour him, give because he has blessed you, and you want to show it to him, give because he loves you, thank you.

If you want to give your money to God in order to honour him, the Christian way to achieve this is by giving the money to the needy:

"Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing by osazekid(m): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
Seun:

If you want to give your money" to God" in order to honour him, the Christian way to achieve this is by giving the money to someone in need:

"Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Matthew 25:37-40
I know that you're honouring God by giving to others, but I disagree with giving your tithe to them
Re: We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing by Xgz1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2017
osazekid:
I just heard in the radio about a woman who was told by someone that she can pay tithe to someone in need; Also most people give their tithe because blessing is attached to it, that's a wrong mindset.

let me share this illustration with you, you were told that bill gate is coming over to your place, Bros even if you had the last food stuff in your house, you'll use it to prepare food for him, the kind of food that you have never given to yourself before, just to honour him.

that's it with God, he wants us to honour him with our giving , God's not looking at your money, its your attitude towards your giving that he's after.

so please next time don't give because the church needs the money, or because God will bless you, or it is a must (under compulsion) but give because of who he is, give because you want to honour him, give because he has blessed you, and you want to show it to him, give because he loves you, thank you.

I kn no nah! So all those popular figures wey dey around the WORLD if dem come yr house u must find food for dem even if u never chop. hmmm hmmm!!!!!!!!, cum and see ooo

then God is great
Re: We Have Got To Change Our Attitude Towards Tithing by TheHotspur(m): 2:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
osazekid:

From all indication it shows that you are not a Christian. What makes a person a christian is that, he walks in the footstep of Christ, that is the life that Christ live not his ministry. For example he never pay tithe, his disciples never pay tithe... By and large what you've written is pure trash. It's not practice even in the first Church on earth after the death of Christ by the Apostles.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Gifts Elderly Pastor N1million And Places His Son On Scholarship / Men Uncircumcised / It's Never Late With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.