Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,178 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. (1308 Views)

2023 Presidency: No Zoning In APC — Orji Uzor Kalu / Orji Uzor Kalu And Buhari Throwback Photos, 18 Years Ago / Orji Kalu And His Team Dressed To Receive President Buhari Is Aba(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Kachifo3: 6:31am On Nov 03, 2017
ANAMBRA , perhaps more than any other state in Nigeria, has been notorious with political godfatherism. The influx of money in Anambra politics by the trio of Andy Ubah, Chris Ubah and Emeka Offor in 2003 and the subsequent kidnap of the then Governor Chris Ngige set a dangerous precedent in the history of godfatherism in Nigeria. Hoodlums sponsored by these godfathers burnt government buildings including ABS radio and TV stations when Chris Ngige rejected to mortgage the soul of the state to them. Our own Chinua Achebe later qualified these godfathers as politicians with plenty of money but very low IQ.

The November 2017 governorship election in the state has once more raised serious questions about the damaging effect of godfatherism and the unfair use of federal government resources by governing political parties to gain an advantage over their opponents. The allegations that the current APC governorship candidate, Tony Nwoye, was chosen by moneyed interests, Arthur Eze and Orji Kalu, is not only troubling but dangerous.

I have kept my ears to the ground and I have heard the sound of black ant. Here is how we got Tony Nwoye as the APC candidate for November election:

Orji Uzor Kalu was given the mandate to deliver southeastern Nigeria to APC in preparation for the realignment of forces in the 2019 presidential election. The reward is that his charges with EFCC will be dragged out forever. At the same time, he was promised numerous federal government contracts and a say in who becomes the APC Presidential candidate in 2023.

He has so far “delivered” on the initial goal of pulling in some “prominent” Igbo politicians to APC including Ken Nnamani, Sullivan Chime, Jim Nwobodo, Andy Ubah, Chief Arthur Eze, Chuma Nzeribe etc. In return for this, he was giving the freehand to pick the APC Governorship candidate in Anambra State. He subsequently “dashed” that right to Chief Arthur Eze, who is an uncle to his wife. Now, the vultures are once more hovering over the state, waiting to devour our commonwealth, should Tony Nwoye win.

So, yes, you should be terrified about the possibility of Tony Nwoye becoming Anambra State Governor. Anambra State should not, according to Chinua Achebe, be turned into "a bankrupt and lawless fiefdom." Orji Kalu cannot give Ndi Anambra anything good. He turned Abia State to a wasteland. He gave Abia State the worst governor in forth Republic in the person of Theodore Orji. Ndi Anambra should, therefore, let Orji Uzor Kalu know that we are not Abia State.

In a Facebook message on why he joined APC, Orji Uzor Kalu said that “President Muhammadu Buhari personally promised me that all the contractors in the South East will return to sites before the end of November. I joined the APC because President Buhari has fulfilled the promise he made to me and we are hopeful he will do more.”

While we await the completion of these projects and not just “returning to site”, Mr. President has done more for Orji Uzor Kalu including the award of several Federal Road contracts to his construction firm SLOK Holding. Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) recently awarded and funded SLOK Holdings to reconstruct the Umuahia-Uzuakoli federal road as well as Uzuakoli-Ozuitem road. Does that qualify as a legitimate reward for the failed gamble at taming Nnamdi and netting some former PDP politician to APC in the southeast?

The reason why I deem it fit to provide this information to Anambra State electorate is my conviction that it is vital to the efficient functioning of the marketplace of ideas, and advancement of the democratic process in my state. My concern here is that because the federal government spending unlimited amount of funds, they are overly influencing elections and damaging the integrity of the democratic process.

Even though I agree with Orji Uzor Kalu that “it is better for the Igbos to sit where other Nigerians are sitting”, Ndi Anambra will not sale our state to APC, Uzor Kalu, Arthur Eze and Andy
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by ipoblogic: 6:38am On Nov 03, 2017
Stay at home on the 18th.
Let the dead bury the dead.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Kachifo3: 6:42am On Nov 03, 2017
ipoblogic:
Stay at home on the 18th.
Let the dead bury the dead.

Staying at home will do us more harm than Good .. We must vote.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by ipoblogic: 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Kachifo3:

Staying at home will sustain out determination for self determination.
It can't get worse.than it is already.

You are at the moment, we are.looking at years ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by charliman2012: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
ipoblogic:

Staying at home will sustain out determination for self determination.
It can't get worse.than it is already.

You are at the moment, we are.looking at years ahead.
Guy come out vote before they will impose one criminal for you and will not have any choice. Ignorance is not an excuse in a law court.

3 Likes

Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Vicboi1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
On a serious note i think apc shouldn't be allowed to win this election because they are so many forces involved now and if apc is to win those forces would come to dry up the common wealth on anambra
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Hollysaint: 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
like obiano will not start forming god father when he is in 2nd term.t
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Ojiofor: 12:36am On Nov 04, 2017
If Tony Nwoye wins Anambra state will return to ground zero.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Ojiofor: 12:46am On Nov 04, 2017
Orji Kanu's Slok Holding is also constructing Lohum-Nkpa road a four kilometer road contract awarded by NNDC.
We can now see why he was supporting operation python dance as if his life depends on it.
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Yyeske(m): 1:12am On Nov 04, 2017
Tony nwoye will be the worst thing to happen to Anambra state. The more you sit at home, the greater the chances of Nwoye winning Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by seniorgozman(m): 3:38am On Nov 04, 2017
Nawa oo, check my signature if you want to be a millionaire before December
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by ipoblogic: 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2017
charliman2012:

Guy come out vote before they will impose one criminal for you and will not have any choice. Ignorance is not an excuse in a law court.

Voting won't atop the criminals either

Voting will only give legitimacy to the whole nonsense.
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by ipoblogic: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
Kachifo3:

Voting will continue the present fraud.
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Levinelsonbob(m): 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
All these people saying election boycott will lead to imposing a criminal on Anambra. I just have one incidental question for u.
When Dr Chris Ngige won the governorship election in Anambra state. Didn't voters come out in mass to vote? How came Ngige was decleard winner and later to be dethroned by the tribunals? If coming out to vote is a guarantee that the right candidate or at least, the peoples choice will emerge, how then did Ngige emerge and when he could not fulfill the master's bidding, was sanctioned? Which showed that he never won in the first place.
The truth is that whether you come out to vote or not has nothing to do with the emergence of their anointed candidate. However, all they want from you is your cooperation which will lend credence to their manipulations. If you have a good reasoning faculty, you can only realise that boycotting the election is the only way to prove to the whole world that the mandate they have giving was never the people's but of interests. You can not afford to keep living in illusions and expect realities.
Re: Sorry, Apc, Orji Uzor Kalu And Arthur Eze: Anambra Is Not For Sale. by Unik3030: 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
ipoblogic:

Voting won't atop the criminals either

Voting will only give legitimacy to the whole nonsense.
my guy please take this advice as a slap from a concerned friend rather than a kiss from an enemy, if u decide to boycott the election be rest assured that there must surely be a winner n in this case there's a very high probability that apc will win because of federal might n if apc wins that's automatic victory for buhari because your new apc governor will always satisfy his paymasters by frustrating all ipob struggle. imagine if you have a sell out like okorocha as governor of anambra state, do u think things can b right there? y don't u go out n vote a man u still see as reasonable.just weigh your options n think about the pros and Cons of the election boycott in a country like Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Jacob Zuma's Statue In Owerri Pulled Down / See Epic Reply Reno Omokri Got On Twitter / Uche Ogah And The Changing Fortunes Of A P C In The Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.