Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,031 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? (864 Views)

Makinde Appoints Julian Nwachukwu, An Igbo Woman As Liaison Officer For Ibadan / Dele Momodu Reacts As Governor Ambode Concedes Defeat / Fayemi Picks Habibat Adubiaro, A Muslim Woman As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
Let's support equality in this country.I'm yet to see a credible female candidate vying for any gubernatorial sit, if there is then they need to start now by making themselves heard

Governorship position is not meant for the old alone neither is it meant for male folks alone. The problem with Nigerian women in politics is that most seem to have a sense of entitlement whereas no woman will assume power based on this factor alone because Nigeria is unfortunately patrilineal.

There seems to be confusion among female politicians, many carry happenings in their homes into the political field. What is "women wing" is there such a thing in British or American democracy? Which one is "wives of local government chairman" no vision beyond the marital home

It might take a while but we need to work at it as soon as possible. Meanwhile which state do you think will be most accepting of a female governor, my vote is Lagos because they have had two female deputy governors so far

Cc: Seun, Mydn44, Dominique, lalasticlala
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Blue3k(m): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
I actually agree with piece my own mom always found that wives of x organizations silly. Anyway if they want seat campaign hard. Maybe you run in future and win.

1 Like

Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by python1: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Taraba almost made that record, though narrow cannot kill a bird. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by ufuosman(m): 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
Rivers state
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by fellowman: 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
cross river

I read on nairaland that Florence ita will contest for governor

1 Like

Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
which fvckin equity are we supporting? you mean equity for women of nowadays that are not ashmed again,they turned their body to sex object,equity my foot.
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by yarimo(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Sokoto state

1 Like

Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Blue3k:
I actually agree with piece my own mom always found that wives of x organizations silly. Anyway if they want seat campaign hard.Maybe you run in future and win

By God's grace
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Riko2:
Rivers state

Any reason for voting Rivers?
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
fellowman:
cross river

Is she from Nigeria or Cameroon? This Bakassi issue has brought in a lot of confusion on that but I think she's good enough for the job. However, I don't know any laudable projects she did while she was a Senator, it will count for her if she is harboring such an ambition
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
yarimo:
Sokoto state

Far North? Well, Taraba almost shocked us bit I doubt if the North will beat the South to it
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
yarimo:
Sokoto state

Far North? Well, Taraba almost shocked us but I doubt if the North will beat the South to it for obvious reasons
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
abdelrahman:
which fvckin equity are we supporting? you mean equity for women of nowadays that are not ashmed again,they turned their body to sex object,equity my foot.

Calm down, if it happens you'll only grumble, nothing else
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are right,we women of nowadays are useless,may God help us
na so!
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
abdelrahman:
na so!

You are one empty head grin
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are one empty head grin
gringrin
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
What is "women wing" is there such a thing in British or American democracy?
Madam the term "Women Wing" doesn't even exist in Nigeria but in advance democracies it does (Just like Youth Wing don't really exist in Nigeria though some of us are creating it). The Women Wing of Democrat in the USA is
National Federation of Democratic Women

Which one is "wives of local government chairman" no vision beyond the marital home
It is an Association of women that believe they have duty to work in unity so as to help their spouses in delivering democratic dividends. NOTHING WRONG as long as they dont arrogate State Powers to themselves

Meanwhile,

Nobody will thumbprint for you because you are woman. It is not done anywhere, not even in USA.

If you have anything to offer, come join the race. Align with different blocs, get endorsements, develop a realistic manifesto and campaign very well.. Then you stand a chance.

NOBODY WILL GIFT YOU POWER BECAUSE YOU ARE A WOMAN

1 Like

Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
fellowman:
cross river

Ita Giwa CANNOT win Governorship election in Cross river state.

To win an election like Governor or President need serious and strong STRUCTURE in at least 95% of Wards that make up the state/country. Else the candidate will end up Social Media Governor like our own Tonye Princewill of Rivers state.
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by fellowman: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

To win an election like Governor or President need serious and strong STRUCTURE in at least 95% of Wards that make up the state/country. Else the candidate will end up Social Media Governor like our own Tonye Princewill of Rivers state.

no one control the youth in Calabar than ita Giwa.

no one control women than ita Giwa.

the men respect her more than the governor. I mean right now.

she doesn't need to campaign to win an election.
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
yarimo:
Sokoto state
That's when all h umans are in Space grin
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by kn23h(m): 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Yoruba State. Yorubas are more tolerant and liberal.

Igbo states where women can’t even inherit or Hausa-Fula state where women are submissive?

2 Likes

Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
fellowman:

no one control the youth in Calabar than ita Giwa.

no one control women than ita Giwa.

the men respect her more than the governor. I mean right now.

she doesn't need to campaign to win an election.
Ita Giwa fan spotted...

To win election you need STRUCTURE...

Firstly, you need to control the party grassroots so that your loyalists can win majority of Ward Congresses and emerge delegates. With that, you reach out to the delegates so as to emerge flagbearer... NOTE If you aren't in the good books of those that matters in the party, you'll be schemed out or delegate list changed (like what Segun Abraham faced during APC Primary in Ondo last year).

With the ticket, 40% of your problem is solved. If you are opposition you will need to ensure that your grassroots strong kankaraka and better if you are on a popular party relative to the location. In Cross River, APC is a deficit to even the most popular candidate. Except the incumbent is extremely unpopular your chances are further slimmer.

Lemme give you an instance:
Ngige lost in 2013 simply because APC was highly unpopular in Anambra state plus the incumbent APGA/Obi enjoyed sympathy from the average Anambrarian. However, he was the most popular candidate but he lost.

Dakuku Peterside would have floored Nyesom Wike in Rivers in 2015. Every Rivers man know that Amaechi performed creditably well, every Ijaw man knew that Peterside an Ijaw should naturally get it, but because APC was relatively unpopular coupled with sympathy for Jonathan/PDP, Wike won ahead of Dakuku.

You see the factors are plenty... Street credibility is never enough! Even Fayose LOST woefully when he ran for Senate under Labour Party in 2011...

BACK TO GIWA

1. Buhari failure factor will affect her

2. APC is unpopular in Cross river state compared to PDP that still enjoys sympathy

3. Ben Ayade is considered PDPC (Peoples Democratic Progressive Congress) Chieftain, that is he is famzing both. what this means is that the Federal might will softpedal on him unlike what they would do if it were Wike and FAYOSE.

4. Ita Giwa dont have the money to finance APC Structure in Cross River, in fact, she isn't in top 5. Is it not same woman that was wailing when the Governor collected a SUV they gave to her? Broke people don't win ticket

5. Ita Giwa does not enjoy the patronage of Abuja APC.

She Wont even win APC ticket
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

If you know Florence Ita Giwa, you will also know that she's popular enough to win it. She's a household name in CRS from what I hear
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
That's when all h umans are in Space grin

grin grin
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

If you know Florence Ita Giwa, you will also know that she's popular enough to win it. She's a household name in CRS from what I hear
I know Ita Giwa, I've met her...

read the post up^^^^^
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Madam the term "Women Wing" doesn't even exist in Nigeria but in advance democracies it does (Just like Youth Wing don't really exist in Nigeria though some of us are creating it). The Women Wing of Democrat in the USA is
National Federation of Democratic Women

It is an Association of women that believe they have duty to work in unity so as to help their spouses in delivering democratic dividends. NOTHING WRONG as long as they dont arrogate State Powers to themselves

Meanwhile,

Nobody will thumbprint for you because you are woman. It is not done anywhere, not even in USA.

If you have anything to offer, come join the race. Align with different blocs, get endorsements, develop a realistic manifesto and campaign very well.. Then you stand a chance.

NOBODY WILL GIFT YOU POWER BECAUSE YOU ARE A WOMAN

thenationonlineng.net/tag/edo-state-apc-women-wing/

Women's wing is in Nigeria
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by engineerboat(m): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
Women are actually the cause of this
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

thenationonlineng.net/tag/edo-state-apc-women-wing/

Women's wing is in Nigeria
Madam you want to be a Governor but you find it hard to understand the meaning of terminologies in politics.

Lemme assist here...

1. There is no Women Wing or Youth Wing in any political party in Nigeria except APDA (even in APDA the Women wing is yet to be constituted while the Youth Wing is as good as dead after our exit from the party).

2. What we have in Nigeria is Women and Youth Leaders. These people don't run an organ, they only represent members od the respective groups in the NWC and NEC.

For the sake of clarity, a WING is an organ that though is affiliated to the main organ but it has its own leadership.

in Women Wing, you'll see Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Publicity Secretary, Financial Secretary, Mobilisation, Legal Adviser etc of the Wing.

As for your link, the Women leader of APC, wife of political leaders and some women spoke... They aren't qualified to be a WING...

Pls Nigeria media practitioners are filled with dumb people (no disrespect to journalists)
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by lonlytroy(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2017
Woman can never be a governor or president because they misuse power.
A case study of a woman who disconnected electricity in Edo state for almost 2 months and relocate nepa office
Re: Which State Will Be The First To Vote A Woman As Governor? by legitnow: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2017
ANAMBRA

(1) (Reply)

Rocha's Okorocha Set To Unveil Statue Of Liberian President (PICTURE) / 2019 Election: All Igbo PDP Leaders Will Move To APC – Doyin Okupe / Is Delta State Still Part Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.