Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) (2239 Views)

Notice Of Tariff Hike By Ikeja Electric Plc / Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off / VAT, Electricity Tariff Hike: NLC Spoils For War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by solaugo1: 10:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
The attention of Lagos State Government has been drawn to the announcement of a proposed tariff hike on Lekki-Epe Expressway and Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge by the Lekki Concession Company (LCC).

The Lagos State government hereby informs the general public that the said tariff hike has now been put on hold as the necessary consultations with stakeholders are yet to be concluded.

While government recognises the need for periodic review of tariffs and any other levies appertaining to road infrastructure maintenance in the state, the public and critical stakeholders as the ultimate beneficiaries of such facilities must always be carried along at all times.

Therefore, the proposed tarrif hike cannot be effected at this period in the interest of the public, while further consultations continue.

Signed:
Steve Ayorinde
Commissioner for Information & Strategy
Lagos State

https://news.assure.ng/lagos-state-directs-lcc-halt-toll-gate-tariff-hike-press-release/
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Vizzim: 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
Very good move. Still can't find any substantial reasons why the toll fare should be increased. Those in charge though only exotic cars pass there.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Ventura1: 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ambode is sleeping, he's yet to convince that he meant business.
He started out awarding some phony street light contracts, bulk of which are no longer working.

He said he'll reorganize waste management by scrapping LAWMA and outsourcing it. Almost one year down the lane, Lagos is dirtier back to Pre 2000 era.

During the era of Fashola LSPWC were always on the road fixing potholes even during the raining season, Ambode comes in, sack the head and render them useless. Potholes now adore Lagos roads.

Building bridges and parks is good but not enough. We are yet to see his impact in the following areas

Health sector - he should be reminded that his predecessor build several General hospital and major ones like the Child and Mother centres.

Education: He has not done anything in terms of physical structures, Fashola did a lot in this area, he how need to be creative and let us see what he can offer.

Sport: I find it difficult to believe that the FA cup final was played at Agege stadium. It was something nobody can expect.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Useless halting sad

Oga go don go Redeemed...i am sure na for there dem go don warn am angry

Useless government of Lagos undecided

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is so wrong.

I thought Yorubas on Nairaland support increase in IGR through taxation.

Why are they stopping it na aaaaa

Lagos has to increase her Internal Generated Revenue ( IGR )

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
Comment deleted by user undecided
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by HoluwarTohbar(f): 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
Insensitive ruling class. Let them hike it, we still continue to suffer and smile and even lay down our lives for them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
I will reconsider my relocation
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Vizzim:
Very good move. Still can't find any substantial reasons why the toll fare should be increased. Those in charge though only exotic cars pass there.

It is to increase the IGR generated by the SW states as supported by Yorubas on Nairaland.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 10:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Insensitive ruling class. Let them hike it, we still continue to suffer and smile and even lay down our lives for them.

Why are you saying this naaaaaa

Don't you guys want to increase your IGR again.

I thought you guys believe in more IGR through taxation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
africansunite:
I will reconsider my relocation

Pls don't relocate oooo

Your money is needed to build up the IGR of the SW states.

Oya, quietly pay more in tax in order to boost the IGR of your states.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by mayorkyzo: 10:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
Very good...exploitation must stop in this country..
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by GoldCircle: 10:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
Good move. But can Ambode stop Jagaban?! Let’s wait and see.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
mayorkyzo:
Very good...exploitation must stop in this country..

Don't let Sarrki hear this ooooo

You mean, that you are against building up the IGR of Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by HoluwarTohbar(f): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
EternalTruths:

Why are you saying this naaaaaa

Don't you guys want to increase your IGR again.

I thought you guys believe in more IGR through taxation.
Which guys

1 Like

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Which guys

Yoruba guys supporting increasing IGR through taxation.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by HoluwarTohbar(f): 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
EternalTruths:

Yoruba guys supporting increasing IGR through taxation.
I'm not Yoruba. I am proudly Igbo!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ventura1:
Ambode is sleeping, he's yet to convince that he meant business.
He started out awarding some phony street light contracts, bulk of which are no longer working.

He said he'll reorganize waste management by scrapping LAWMA and outsourcing it. Almost one year down the lane, Lagos is dirtier back to Pre 2000 era.

During the era of Fashola LSPWC were always on the road fixing potholes even during the raining season, Ambode comes in, sack the head and render them useless. Potholes now adore Lagos roads.

Building bridges and parks is good but not enough. We are yet to see his impact in the following areas

Health sector - he should be reminded that his predecessor build several General hospital and major ones like the Child and Mother centres.

Education: He has not done anything in terms of physical structures, Fashola did a lot in this area, he how need to be creative and let us see what he can offer.

Sport: I find it difficult to believe that the FA cup final was played at Agege stadium. It was something nobody can expect.

when people living close to Lagos state believes they are also Lagosians.
?

You just carry phone dey type nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by leofab(f): 1:33am On Nov 04, 2017
Damage control
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by seniorgozman(m): 3:34am On Nov 04, 2017
Nawa oo check my signature if you want to be a millionaire before December
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by hucienda: 3:40am On Nov 04, 2017
lol ... those in that axis would be fools should they buy this gimmick.

They will still hike that fee - and folks will 'react', hashtag and so on as usual on social media - then adjust. Fela deftly read the psyche of the average Nigerian in 'shuffering and shmiling'.

The time has come for people to come out and say 'enough is enough'. Else if you know you tired of living in bondage, move over to other side of the state. Afterall, ask yourself these salient questions: Where do Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and so on live? Why is the Tinubu allegedly-owned Oriental Hotel before - not after - the toll gate? You think say dem no get sense?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Alexgeneration(m): 3:44am On Nov 04, 2017
Tinubu won't like this. Ambode wants to deplete the revenue of his benefactor.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by gberra: 5:24am On Nov 04, 2017
A listening Government. Lagosians are very happy with you. This further validates his emphasis that his commitment is first to the people of Lagos.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by gberra: 5:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Keneking:
Useless halting sad

Oga go don go Redeemed...i am sure na for there dem go don warn am angry

Useless government of Lagos undecided

Nonsense
EternalTruths:
This is so wrong.

I thought Yorubas on Nairaland support increase in IGR through taxation.

Why are they stopping it na aaaaa

Lagos has to increase her Internal Generated Revenue ( IGR )
HoluwarTohbar:
hucienda:
lol ... those in that axis would be fools should they buy this gimmick.

They will still hike that fee - and folks will 'react', hashtag and so on as usual on social media - then adjust. Fela deftly read the psyche of the average Nigerian in 'shuffering and shmiling'.

The time has come for people to come out and say 'enough is enough'. Else if you know you tired of living in bondage, move over to other side of the state. Afterall, ask yourself these salient questions: Where do Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode and so on live? Why is the Tinubu allegedly-owned Oriental Hotel before - not after - the toll gate? You think say dem no get sense?
Alexgeneration:
Tinubu won't like this. Ambode wants to deplete the revenue of his benefactor.
Igbos are Foolish Urine licking bastards tongue tongue tongue
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by gberra: 5:38am On Nov 04, 2017
leofab:
Damage control
Which damage?
The supposed new tolls had never been in effect in the first place, so I wonder the damage you were referring to.

Ventura1:
[s]Ambode is sleeping, he's yet to convince that he meant business.

Sport: I find it difficult to believe that the FA cup final was played at Agege stadium. It was something nobody can expect[/s].

Go inform yourself on the TRIPOD of his Administration on which his first tenure is hinged & quit exhibiting sheer ignorance.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 6:52am On Nov 04, 2017
Blue3k Rmxr gberra firefire

So your people don't want to help increase the IGR of Lagos state.

So ordinary small increment and they are complaining.

You see why I keep laughing at you Blue3k and Rmxr when you argue with me about Public Economic.

Next time, keep quiet when people like me talk.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Sunky200: 7:13am On Nov 04, 2017
lagos is blessed with a very serious and concern government.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by EternalTruths: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2017
gberra:
A listening Government. Lagosians are very happy with you. This further validates his emphasis that his commitment is first to the people of Lagos.

Sorry you mean lazy tax payers.

So your people don't want to increase the IGR of Lagos state through taxation.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Ovamboland(m): 7:44am On Nov 04, 2017
EternalTruths:

Sorry you mean lazy tax payers.

So your people don't want to increase the IGR of Lagos state through taxation.

Stop bleating over the whole thread, there's no truly developed country that doesn't collect adequate tax. Advanced countries collect 30-40% GDP annually, Lagos is barely doing 7% and your enclaves are at 2%. Our aim is to be in the league of advanced societies not remain in the league of poor 2% ers.
We will achieve our goals by ensuring that everyone pay their fair share as we all use the infrastructure. Not necessarily by rate increase.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Blue3k(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2017
EternalTruths:
Blue3k Rmxr gberra firefire

So your people don't want to help increase the IGR of Lagos state.

So ordinary small increment and they are complaining.

Lol are you still hurt but hurt son. Look at you dancing over nothing. Only someone as daft as you doesn't understand simple concepts like taxing isn't over taxing. This why things like Laffer curve concept exist. Besides political pressure always determine whether they will increase the taxes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by gberra: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol are you still hurt but hurt son. Look at you dancing over nothing. Only someone as daft as you doesn't understand simple concepts like [/b]taxing isn't over taxing.[b] This why things like Laffer curve concept exist. Besides political pressure always determine whether they will increase the taxes.

The dude is daft na... He doesn't know the relationship between state tax and economic growth. He should take his advice to his home state & bother his governor with it.
Re: Lagos State directs LCC to halt toll-gate tariff hike (Press Release) by Alexgeneration(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2017
gberra:
Igbos are Foolish Urine licking bastards tongue tongue tongue
Don't ever quote me fvcktard

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why Nigeria Is Currently Facing Economic Hardship - Ngozi Okonjo- Nweala / 7 Categories Of Nigerians Still In Support Of Buhari's Failures / NIGERIANS!!!! Prepare For The Worst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.