Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (17744 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Babafemi143: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2017
The Name Of Jesus Is Above All Others Name, Jesus Said Whosoever Ask In My Name Shall Granted
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2017
You know the answers and yet you still ask useless questions. Pray in your name na...
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2017
Omooba77:
Why do Christians pray in Jesus name?
Jesus said whatsever you ask in my name shall be granted; John 14:12-14
d reason iz dat u hv no common sense bcuz jesus is just a prophet and human being like u and me.may d almighty GOD guide u and leads u to d straight path.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by bussy2020(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2017
Do you know any other name superior than that to pray?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by OBINERO(m): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2017
I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to my father except through me...Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Zenithpeak(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

Sharrap 8.

And this is your last warning.

If you fail to heed I will order a blood spell upon your spirit tonight and the consummation of your body and soul by associated witches will commence.

I will be expecting your demons tonight...... The demons that got hold of your Mohammed that made him misbehaved all his life time.

Mumu of the highest order......... grin

Just make good your threats..... You will know that He that keep Israel neither sleep nor slumber.......

The BLOOD OF JESUS is potent than your blood sucking demons... cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Zenithpeak(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2017
harbjar:

Come and get schooled.... "La-illah" is different from Allah
Illah in arabic means god (take note of the small letter "g" as i am sure u understand english well)

La means No... La illah means there is no god
The full statement is La ilah[/b]a ill[b]allah
There is no god except Allah.... You also need to learn more

Lies from the pit of Hell.......

What is the world being used to express God the creator before the advent of Islam.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by alagba333(m): 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=mosho2good post=62088728]I tire oooo cos the only thing Christian are good at shouting is Jesus this Jesus that....[/quote

wat is Christianity without Jesus?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by christiboo85(f): 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
Auki:
Pray only to God not Jesus. He who created Jesus and you.

Praying to Jesus or in Jesus name are the prayers unanswered.

And on the day of judgement you will be one of the greatest loser, hell will be the abode.
..the Bible says pray to the father in Jesus name, u can not pray to Jesus but u pray to the father in the name of Jesus .
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by lekan3531(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
According to the book of Philippians 2vs 9 Therefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every.....Jesus name is a key to every success

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Lastborn0074: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
GodDeyCraze:
Because Jesus had no biological father(Bastard)

In fact the answer is in... John 14 vs 6
May God forgive u. It's not compulsory to contribute.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Lastborn0074: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
lekan3531:
According to the book of Philippians 2vs 9 Therefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every.....Jesus name is a key to every success
You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by barajo1(m): 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
Nigerians and religion! Even someone committing sin, will still be condemning another religion.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by harbjar(m): 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
XTLikeNat777:

How I wish Muslims threads are thrown open for us Christians to contribute freely the way you do here!!! What do you think?
Sure there is no problem with that.... As long as u re coming to learn and contribute meaningfully but not curse us or call us devils, bloodsuckers, or Antichrists...
Just as the quran says
Surah An-Nahl, Verse 125:
ادْعُ إِلَىٰ سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُم بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَن ضَلَّ عَن سَبِيلِهِ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ

Invite (mankind, O Muhammad SAW) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Quran) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by harbjar(m): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
christiboo85:
..the Bible says pray to the father in Jesus name, u can not pray to Jesus but u pray to the father in the name of Jesus .
But you cant pray to God through mary or another diety like sango.... Because am not seeing any difference in it all.... Why cant we access God straight away... How can you say we re all God's children and we cant access God straight but through another...
Muslims dont believe that we re God's children but they pray directly to him and believe he ans
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by dmgr(m): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

Sharapp. 21
Is that how u respond to greetings in your village?
if so,I pity you
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Vado(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
Just look at how people are masturbating on a Christian thread over a harmless question. Everyone being free to contribute even the stupid ones but that's okay, we don't chop heads off on the basis of blasphemy here. Seun would rather gag us by having us make an unnecessary pledge before posting in a certain section though. Caveman mentality.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Lastborn0074: 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
Auki:
Pray only to God not Jesus. He who created Jesus and you.

Praying to Jesus or in Jesus name are the prayers unanswered.

And on the day of judgement you will be one of the greatest loser, hell will be the abode.
You are talking out of ignorance.See Jn 14vs 6,13-14
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by aribisala0(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
Even the name Jesus is inaccurate. That is an anglicized form and not the original Hebrew or Aramaic which his companions and contemporaries would have used to address him.
Anyway whether you pray to Jesus or the tree in your backyard you have a statistically equal chance of you prayers being answered
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

Are you a crossbearer?

In don't know what a crossbearer..... Explain better.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Tecno66: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
Omooba77:
Why do Christians pray in Jesus name?
Jesus said whatsever you ask in my name shall be granted; John 14:12-14
He is the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to the father except by him. His name is the only name by which men can be saved. The sinful nature of man makes it difficult for us to speak directly to God because God abhores sin. Even our so called righteousness is like filthy rags before God. So we need an advocate who has no sin to speak on our behalf. That is where Jesus comes in.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by alBHAGDADI: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
harbjar:

thats the point, in islam the striking thing is that the miracles performed by the Prophet Muhammad isnt the fascinating thing But rather his behavior and ways he eeals with others with peace anf respect, because all the prophets before him including jesus all perfomed miracles and thier oeople still disbelieved in God or turned them to God as xtains re worshipping him now cos of the miracles
Back to the question
1. When he was a trader, whenever he uses his hand to touch the cattle, the cattle gets bigger and thus increses the selling price and amount he takes home
2. The Quran itself is a miracle as it has stood for over 14 30yrs and not a single word has changed in it.... All books of God must stand the test of time.. Bible, zabur, torah has failed in this but the Quran still stands
3. Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 1:
اقْتَرَبَتِ السَّاعَةُ وَانشَقَّ الْقَمَرُ

The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).

You asked for one i gave three, meanwhile there re hundreds of such but we Muslims dont brag miracles... What is miracle infront of God, nothing!!! All he needs is to say "Be" and it is....
Surah Ya Seen, Verse 82:
إِنَّمَا أَمْرُهُ إِذَا أَرَادَ شَيْئًا أَن يَقُولَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ

Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!" and it is!
Those are not miracles especially when they do t change the life of mankind.

You claim Mohammad's life was a good one. Since when did terrorists, pedophiles, murderers, robbers, liars etc start being referred to as good?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

In don't know what a crossbearer..... Explain better.

You said Jesus was Italian.

This implies you believe Mary was impregnated by a Roman Soldier right?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by cstr1000: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2017
The muslims on these section have no shame.
Abusing the privilege they will never give someone else.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

Hian u still explain what a cross bearer is.

Mary was living in Josephs house.

Mary became pregnant.

She gave birth.

Everyone in the community knew Joseph got her pregnant.

Jesus grew up n started saying he is God Almighty (imagine u going home to ur Villa dis X'mas n start saying that ur a God).

Jesus also started saying he's the kings of kings.

They warned him he refused.

His brothers(so called Israelites) later killed him.

The Israelites have always known who gave birth to Jesus n who impregnated mary.

That's why from the so called Bible times till today, Israelites are not Christians.

They don't believe in Jesus.

They are still waiting for their God to send them a Savior.

They all practice Judaism.

End of story.

grin
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by asawanathegreat(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
That name JESUS is above every other names in God's creation
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by fawaz050(m): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
Omooba77:

The Truth is that even Quran did not dispute the Power of Jesus.
I seek for knowledge and I have both English and Yoruba Quran; based on my understanding; you can enlighten me if Iam wrong sir; but check this:

The Quran declares the supremacy of Isa Al-Mash in Qs 4:171 by not only calling Him the Word of Allah, but a
Spirit from Allah as well. Isa Al-Masih is the voice of Allah. He was chosen to declare the will of God to man on earth. As God thinks, so Isa speaks. And by the Spirit from Allah, He performed miracles that only God can perform.
Bro if you must quote the Qur'an quote it as it is.
Why did you distort the translation. Post the whole thing na.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by alBHAGDADI: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
LaughButton01:
Jesus said " I am the way, the truth and the life. no man cometh unto the father except through me" because during his time he was the way to the Jews. and Isreal wasn't the only place in existence then. I am sure there was life in Africa, and maybe zazoom(made the name up) was the way to the people in some settlement in Africa by that time. and other messengers in different part of the world. or there was no way no truth or no life before Jesus came? sure there was. according to the Quran about 1000 messengers have been sent to the world and to their people alone. so I won't be surprised if orunmila was truly a messenger. but to all mankind was sent a particular prophet which is Prophet Muhammad. take it or leave it. think my people. think. and leave hatred. cuz hate till tomorrow it doesn't change anything. after Jesus. a thousand messengers had came and gone.
ask yourself. before Jesus came to the world who was the way?
Jesus the prophet of the Jews.
Pure lies.

The only man God had a relationship in the time of Abraham was Abraham himself. Other nations were pagan worshippers who follow and worshipped Satan and his fallen angels. God pulled Abraham away from them and promised to use him to reconcile mankind back to himself. That's why He told him that through his seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed.

Since then, God sent several prophets to earth but to the children of Israel alone. He never sent any messenger to other nations. Those nations were deeply immersed in satanic worship e.g Egypt, Babylon, Assyria, Greece etc. Those ones had their god's e.g Athena, ra, Zeus etc.

All the prophets God sent were only to Israel and they used his name Yahweh. They all spoke of a Messiah who will redeem all mankind to God and away from Satan's grip.

Those prophecies were fulfilled in Jesus. He was sent to die for the redemption of mankind. After his resurrection, he mandated his followers to preach the good news in all NATIONS, not Israel alone.

If your Quran states that 1000 messengers were sent to earth, why did t it give their names and the nation's they were sent to? Why is such not recorded in the Bible? Like you mentioned Orunmila, such could be one of the messengers. Checking their music operandi, you will see that it is similar to Satan and his fallen Angela's tactics. All those Zeus, Athena, bhudah, sango, amadioha, are all fallen angels who settled in different regions and nations where they were worshipped in form of idols. Are those the messengers your Allah sent?

Before Jesus Christ, nobody was the way. Mankind was in darkness. Not even Moses or other prophets were the way. If so, show me where they said such. Now you are claiming that Mohammad is the way to God for the people of our time. That's a lie.

Mohammad was quoted as saying that he doesn't know what will happen to him or to Muslims on judgment day. How can you claim such a man is the way when he stated it that he doesn't know?

Surah 46:9
Say: "I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do i know what will be done with me or with you . I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear."
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by alBHAGDADI: 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

On this thread, you claim you are not a Muslim, so you went ahead to attack Christianity.

Later on, I noticed you were approving of pro-islamic comments on this same thread.

If your religion. is making you act this way, then such a religion. is really dangerous for you.

Al taquiya is equivalent to lies.

John 8:44

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Hian u still explain what a cross bearer is.

Mary was living in Josephs house.

Mary became pregnant.

She gave birth.

Everyone in the community knew Joseph got her pregnant.

Jesus grew up n started saying he is God Almighty (imagine u going home to ur Villa dis X'mas n start saying that ur a God).

Jesus also started saying he's the kings of kings.

They warned him he refused.

His brothers(so called Israelites) later killed him.

The Israelites have always known who gave birth to Jesus n who impregnated mary.

That's why from the so called Bible times till today, Israelites are not Christians.

They don't believe in Jesus.

They are still waiting for their God to send them a Savior.

They all practice Judaism.

End of story.

grin

The narrative does not say that Joseph did the deed. It alleges that God r.aped Mary.

I don't believe any part of the s.illy story by the way.

With regard to cross bearers I am referring to adherents of the Grail Message. I have a reason for asking that question. Some of them believe a Roman soldier was responsible.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Yusman316(m): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
This is an Islamic interpretation of a Jesus they know nothing about.

All the disciples of Jesus worshipped him while he was on earth and after he ascended. They even taught people to pray in his name.

Out of nowhere, a Mohammad that was born 700 years later, never knew Jesus nor walked with him, suddenly he wrote a satanic inspired Quran denying all the things documented about Jesus by his disciples who walked with him.

Doesn't that prove who the liar and loser is?
But brother, do u know that they people that wrote the Bible never knew Jesus or his disciples. As the Bible was written like 300 years after prophet Jesus A.S ascended to heaven. When u ask some Christian faithfuls to reconcile this fact, they will claim the writers were inspired by holy spirit. If that is the case, couldn't a holy spirit equally could ve inspired prophet Muhammad S.A.W about the holy Qur'an? Hope u see the hippocracy in some people's reasoning. And another issue is some Christians always quoting the Qur'an out of context to support their arguments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boyfriend/Girlfriend Relationship, Also Known As Dating: Is It Right Or Wrong? / Life In The Occult World / Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.