Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology (21484 Views)

About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics / Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by computerglobal(m): 8:23am On Nov 06, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad is NURTW/RTEAN union not a job again

Lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 06, 2017
Hmm
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 06, 2017
FortifiedCity:
....and whose fault is that?

You go to school, spend years and money and finally resort to Okada for living.

What happened to your knowledge?. Of all the book knowledge you had, you can pick out one aspect that interests you. Convert it to a business idea and with time, you'll be fine.

Nobody owes anyone anything!

Lol.. be fooling yourself. If you keep thinking no one owes us anything, the country will remain this way. A lot of companies have refused to pay taxes because they have the same notion as you. "No one is doing anything for me". They dodge paying taxes because the useless government have refused to provide them the simplest of things. Keep thinking no one owes you a thing. At least they are riding okadas, rather than most, sitting home doing nothing. The country is a failure, take it or leave it. And if I am paying even the smallest amount of tax to the government, the country owes me a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by obonujoker(m): 8:29am On Nov 06, 2017
That's why we voted Buhari in to correct the rot in the educational system, and gladly he is doing the job perfectly.....

Let's vote him in 2019, so that our educational system will surpass America's own.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by ayusco85(m): 8:38am On Nov 06, 2017
He is right. Am a geologist with a 2.1 but currently working in a bank. I feel out of place each time I wake up to go to work. Why didn't I just study accounting if u can't practice what I learnt in the University.

3 Likes

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 06, 2017
free2ryhme:
na who go push am enter frontpage
when all the mods do go club
Add snake to the title and it will surely get there
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by rozay12345: 8:40am On Nov 06, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Dear Prof, u guyz shld b ashamed of yrsvs for turning out okada-geologists. When u dnt want people to tap into yr knowledge, so that they dnt take the business from u. Peopl spend lots of cash for yr projects , yet you supervisors cant put them into internship. Why cant you restructure the course, Geology as Surveyors so as to encourage Specialization??
Can you read?
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Ibbravo(m): 8:42am On Nov 06, 2017
FortifiedCity:

What happened to your knowledge?. Of all the book knowledge you had, you can pick out one aspect that interests you. Convert it to a business idea and with time, you'll be fine.

STFU! with which capital,a business doesn't just grow with ideas only.
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 06, 2017
ikorodureporta:

https://www.thecable.ng/many-geologists-are-riding-okada-says-ui-prof

Don't worry urself Mr professor, some of those okada men/geologist are here on nairaland shouting 1Nigeriya upandan grin
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by tete7000(m): 8:57am On Nov 06, 2017
FortifiedCity:

Nobody owes anyone anything? Is that what I heard you said? This is the idea our political class has that lands the country in a mess. It's like saying the father owes his son nothing, only to bring him into this world. Very irresponsible comment!!!
Those in position of authority and responsibility owes the people duty to provide an enabling environment for them to prosper. Without that, there is little anyone can do to help himself. Stop promoting irresponsibility please!

1 Like

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2017
geology isn't just a course you study and waste years on..its an applied course that is the bedrock of all other professions...why does this issue persist??

we have sardist as lecturers who doesn't want upcoming graduates to unseat them

geology is best practice on the fields but how many universities can expose their students to such

govt fail to harvest the best after graduation

we don't have facilities, research centers to sharpen our skills after gradution...

so many brain drains. best students travel out kos of all this...

so many points but who is to blame? I will rather blame the system that we found ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Madeu(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2017
ayusco85:
He is right. Am a geologist with a 2.1 but currently working in a bank. I feel out of place each time I wake up to go to work. Why didn't I just study accounting if u can't practice what I learnt in the University.
As long it pays your bills -that's what matters. You can make good saving and invest in what you learnt in university.

1 Like

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2017
tete7000:

Nobody owes anyone anything? Is that what I heard you said? This is the idea our political class has that lands the country in a mess. It's like saying the father owes his son nothing, only to bring him into this world. Very irresponsible comment!!!
Those in position of authority and responsibility owes the people duty to provide an enabling environment for them to prosper. Without that, there is little anyone can do to help himself. Stop promoting irresponsibility please!
We are talking about professor-student here
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by 400billionman: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2017
Mismanagement is the bane of progress in Nigeria..

What hasn't Ajaokuta steel been sold to a Chinese firm Or even a Nigerian like Dangote ?

Kogi state is one of the richest states in mineral deposits yet can't pay salaries.

Kogi has limestone for cement, silicone carbide and clay for tiles, iron ore for rods and rivers for fishing. Should be the richest state if you make a Chinese man its governor.

Alas, no salary.

No mention geologists abeg, I was with two of them sometime ago. Just as prof said, nah okada and keke people..
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by GeoOla25(m): 9:12am On Nov 06, 2017
So Sad..but this true, alot of Geoscientists are trying to fit in in other fields just to make a living...oyel company come and hire us o..even if na small money..guys go work.
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by donqx: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2017
hmmm
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Exciton(m): 9:26am On Nov 06, 2017
ayusco85:

Hehehe.

This is basically the story of almost ALL who studied natural sciences and engineering. Everyone is stuck in survival mode in Naija. Only few have the means to achieve their dreams.

The government's inability to create a conducive environment for STEM based industries and businesses is killing our dreams and potential.

1 Like

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by ayusco85(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2017
Exciton:

Hehehe.

This is basically the story of almost ALL who studied natural sciences and engineering. Everyone is stuck in survival mode in Naija. Only few have the means to achieve their dreams.

The government's inability to create a conducive environment for STEM based industries and businesses is killing our dreams and potential.

My broda it's all about survival. What puts food on the table and pays the bills

1 Like

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Exciton(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2017
ayusco85:

Haha.

2 Likes

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by OluwasureGig: 9:46am On Nov 06, 2017
ayusco85:
Sir,I'm a final year geologist and this scares the living daylight out of me.i don't know how this might sound but it will be fair to say that I'm scared of graduating.the hope of my family rests on my young shoulders .i don't know what else to think
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Larwin(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2017
How many professors have a private company/lab of their own where they can absorb students for atleast internship....The blame is always on the FG
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by abbeyty(m): 10:20am On Nov 06, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Oga, your professor owes you nothing. A lot of successful people are self taught.

Without or without your professor, you can make it in life. All you need is to know what you want and go for it. If indeed you require knowledge and you don't have the luxury of passing under the tutelage of a professor, you will get that knowledge.

So, who knows maybe that okada ridding is their area of specialization. why blaming the professor.
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by temizeee(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2017
anyway terrameter is available for sale, check https://www.nairaland.com/3598465/terrameter-sale-geophysicst-come
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Welcomme: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2017
Somalia and Afghanistan are better than Nigeria. Nigeria is cursed!

2 Likes

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Papertrail11(m): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2017
Nukilia:
cheesy grin grin cheesy LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAH

The education we receive and pay huge sums for in our universities in West Africa is a SHAM!
Lots of unproductive folks roaming around the street...
It pains me whenever I see students rushing to get a degree without knowing what to do with it...
SHAMBOLIC SYSTEM OF EDUCATION HANDED OVER TO AFRICANS BY THE BRITS grin grin

British syst of education is trash it's best we switch to ameri an curriculum that promotes innovation
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Shoemoney: 11:12am On Nov 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Good application of their skill and knowledge;

- Identify easy terrain for okada to pass.

- Know the shortest distance between two points, this requires Geological knowledge.

- Survey areas and decipher which possible route to take to avoid traffic.

- Determine population density easily so as to know which areas to comb for passengers.

- Apply knowledge of migratory tendencies of humans to know routes to take.

The prof is right, geologists can be the best okada riders.
Nb: pls don't quote me, I am not feeling fine.
`

You try oOOoooh...!! Are you still in secondary school?
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by NaijaElba(m): 11:14am On Nov 06, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Dear Prof, u guyz shld b ashamed of yrsvs for turning out okada-geologists. When u dnt want people to tap into yr knowledge, so that they dnt take the business from u. Peopl spend lots of cash for yr projects , yet you supervisors cant put them into internship. Why cant you restructure the course, Geology as Surveyors so as to encourage Specialization??

Just see how you are disgraceing yourself online, how did you pass from University, if u have serious problem with simple comprehension, when will you stop displaying your stupidity online? Next time u see a post like this, take your time to read it before commenting so as to save yourself from this embarrassment. #I spit on you.

2 Likes

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Caseless: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2017
Some of our textbooks are more expensive than that of medical students. My 300L and 4L fieldtrip , I know what I went through in the basement complex and sedimentary basin ; the money you spend staying 2 weeks in the bush/forest; the danger of running into terrorist den or rampaging herdsmen , and they want me holed up in one office with bank job. I won't. I wanna be on the field.

1 Like

Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by ikorodureporta: 11:26am On Nov 06, 2017
NaijaElba:

Just see how you are disgraceing yourself online, how did you pass from University, if u have serious problem with simple comprehension, when will you stop displaying your stupidity online? Next time u see a post like this, take your time to read it before commenting so as to save yourself from this embarrassment. #I spit on you.

grin spit on yrsf! grin u dnt undastand where that quoted statement came from (@topic)
Re: Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology by Caseless: 11:27am On Nov 06, 2017
miteolu:
Tell them prof. Some courses in Nigeria are waste of time.
geology a waste of time?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uduakobong Nquot Got His Results From University Of Uyo After 10 Years / Adam Memorial Secondary School Araya, Delta, Where Students Sit On The Floor / Wow! Unilag Releases 2016/17 Screening Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.