Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1310841 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
fatima04:

I think so, fortunately water sector has not been deregulated but u can find out urself, chat dem up via live chat dey r very efficient.
Meanwhile I doubt water will be part of council tax sha but anyway it's scotland it could be different
There are different water companies around the UK so it will depend on his location. The supplier may be different from the one you stated.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
fatima04:

I think so, fortunately water sector has not been deregulated but u can find out urself, chat dem up via live chat dey r very efficient.
Meanwhile I doubt water will be part of council tax sha but anyway it's scotland it could be different

I don't pay water bills as it's part of my council *tax in Scotland.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:51am On Apr 16, 2018
spacyzuma:

I don't pay water bills as it's part of my council task in Scotland.

Yup! That's my situation as well. Just found out.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please what's the difference between TLS ikeja and Vi in terms of cost, processing time, etc. I'm currently processing my Tier 2 application and I intend using priority. A friend advised me to use VI although Ikeja is closer to me, his reasons were issues of touts at ikeja but i think i've come across some comments about extra costs at VI either in this thread or related threads. So I'd like to know the cost of biometrics at VI and Ikeja and anything else I need to know about both centres. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
The basic difference is extra cost. Ikeja is good if that's what ypu want. Didn't experience any incident over dre.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 9:36am On Apr 20, 2018
Good morning guys, good job you are doing here. Very informative thread I must say. Big ups to
You all.
Now to my question, a family of 3 is considering doing a priority visa because of time constraint, please does it mean that the priority visa fees will be in 3 places? i.e. £184 each?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 10:58am On Apr 20, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Good morning guys, good job you are doing here. Very informative thread I must say. Big ups to
You all.
Now to my question, a family of 3 is considering doing a priority visa because of time constraint, please does it mean that the priority visa fees will be in 3 places? i.e. £184 each?
Priority is now £212, and I'm not sure but I think the family will have £212 x 3

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2018
Whaooo, thanks for your response @sutelk, I think it’s advisable we make provision for £212 x 3 so that we are not caught unawares...this journey is not beans o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
@yinkzy It will be an individual payment for each applicant made on the TLS website

May God enrich your purse.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
fatima04:
@yinkzy It will be an individual payment for each applicant made on the TLS website

Thanks a bunch for the clarification @fatima04, and I say a big Amen to your prayer because right now, it’s a lot o, hmmmm...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
fatima04:

Amen on your behalf! @yinkzy And make more provision oh coz this journey eh! Meanwhile why do people pay for priority? Is it not dashing those folks money ni? The application is already expensive
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Thanks for wishing us well o, much aopreciated.
To answer your question, We don’t run a charity o, it’s circumstances surrounding when the COS would come out and when you are to resume. It’s gonna be too tight if we don’t do priority visa. We have tried waving this but it seems It’s our best bet.
Mamatukwas:

Amen on your behalf! @yinkzy And make more provision oh coz this journey eh! Meanwhile why do people pay for priority? Is it not dashing those folks money ni? The application is already expensive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yinkzy03:
Thanks for wishing us well o, much aopreciated.
To answer your question, We don’t run a charity o, it’s circumstances surrounding when the COS would come out and when you are to resume. It’s gonna be too tight if we don’t do priority visa. We have tried waving this but it seems It’s our best bet.

Ok. All the best dear.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
It is usually circumstances and timing dt brings about priority, everything is just expensive, meanwhile dre is an increment in visa fees again now dough quite small but significant for multiple applicant.

Don't worry the Lord is your muscle, u r almost at d finish line..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Urgent advice needed please. Is there any difference between these sites https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa & https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome. I understand the latter is the old site which is gradually being phased out.
I started my Tier 2 application on the new site but someone told me the new site is for visiting visas for now and he wasn't sure if the new site can be used for Tier 2 applications yet.
To be on the safe side I opened an account on the old site and restarted my application, however, the old site has been giving me this error message since yesterday and I can't continue my application but my account on the new site isn't having such issues.
My question is; can I continue my application using the new site? Is it accepted for Tier 2 visas yet?
I intend using Ikeja.
Please response needed urgently, I wish to sort this out today.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
Just go thru gov.uk and follow the link it directs you, immigration changes constantly so what happens for A may not necessation be for . Don't worry d fear of losing money is real grin grin.

I feel the first one will take u where you want dough and during d process u will still be redirected to some other pages for payment, Ihs and appointment confirmation.

Good luck
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2018
London in a bit...

Any naija restaurants around North Finchley recommendations?

I'm craving onugbo soup or some naija meals...

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
Enish is around finchley. New branch

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
Just passed my driving test. New car. Passed on 3rd attempt.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
Geetrix:
Just passed my driving test. New car. Passed on 3rd attempt.

Congratulations buddy..

New whip!! cool
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2018
DisGuy:
Enish is around finchley. New branch

I'll check that out.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
Isle of man grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
Inkredible:

Congratulations buddy..

New whip!! cool

So much rust under the car though, hope it passes MOT, make i try manage am for 1 or 2 yrs...lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
Geetrix:

So much rust under the car though, hope it passes MOT, make i try manage am for 1 or 2 yrs...lol

Anything that can conveniently get you from point A to B is essential.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
Inkredible:
Isle of man grin
Question: Are you planning to visit or already touring the Isle.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
Congratulations @Geetrix. Let's come and wash it ooo.

How or where did you get your car and what are the tips you followed?

Researching ahead...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
fatima04:

Researching ahead...
Autotrader

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Geetrix:

IS200 or an IS300?

Did it not come with a valid MOT certificate?

Congratulations...... Hope you got insurance quotations prior to purchasing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:03am On Apr 23, 2018
fatima04:

Researching ahead...

Very 1st tip......

- Perform a vehicle history check
- Very very important - Do an MOT history check
- Read user reviews online, prior to purchasing
- Once you decide the vehicle you want to buy, obtain an insurance quote prior to purchasing
- When conducting a test drive, test all buttons and pull all knobs
- Go on your knees and check underneath structure of the vehicle for rust or inconsistencies or get an extendable mirror
-Ensure you check the odometer reading against MOT history certificate
-Don't pay a deposit if you are not sure of purchase (your deposit is normally non-refundable (unless otherwise stated)

I don forget the rest for now.....

7 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 6:43am On Apr 23, 2018
Hardeybohwarley:
Question: Are you planning to visit or already touring the Isle.

Not yet. I'll go there when it's time. Just flew past it.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 6:47am On Apr 23, 2018
London at night. This the last time I'll be outside this late.

These boys and their knifes won't see me

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:16am On Apr 23, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Very 1st tip......

- Perform a vehicle history check
- Very very important - Do an MOT history check
- Read user reviews online, prior to purchasing
- Once you decide the vehicle you want to buy, obtain an insurance quote prior to purchasing
- When conducting a test drive, test all buttons and pull all knobs
- Go on your knees and check underneath structure of the vehicle for rust or inconsistencies or get an extendable mirror
-Ensure you check the odometer reading against MOT history certificate
-Don't pay a deposit if you are not sure of purchase (your deposit is normally non-refundable (unless otherwise stated)

I don forget the rest for now.....

Trust you to always do judgement to my questions. Pls remember and update us. Thanks .

Wonderful week to everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.