Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha (551 Views)

Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) / Burial Of Boy Killed During Demolition Of Eke-Ukwu Market In Owerri (Photos) / Graphic Pic) Many Die As Gov. Rochas Okorocha Destroys Eke-ukwu Market In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha by donemitex1: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2017
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday said he ordered the demolition of popular Eke-Ukwu market in Owerri, the state capital, to deliver Imo people from a female deity.

In a press release signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo, the governor also claimed that ahead of the 2019 governorship election, some politicians in the state had started administering oath on citizens.

The statement reads in part: “The State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has warned certain politicians in the state, especially those with governorship ambition against administering oath on Imo people who are either members or officials of their political parties.

“The governor also advised members and officials of the political parties not to subscribe or allow themselves to be subjected to oath taking for any reason by any politician or aspirant because it is ungodly to do so.

“One of the first things I did on assumption of office as governor was to build a befitting chapel in front of the Government House and also erected the statue of a man with the Holy Bible in his hand to show Imo people the direction of his administration.

“And one of the reasons I also decided to demolish and relocate Ekeukwu Market was when the unfounded story of a female deity owning the market came up and I resolved that Imo people would never be in a market said to be owned by a deity.”

Re: I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha by donemitex1: 11:06am On Nov 06, 2017
My Governor has become an exorcist.

1 Like

Re: I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha by pyyxxaro: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2017
Okorocha again embarassed
Re: I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha by Adaowerri111: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2017
Build a statue to appease the deity
Re: I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha by 77carter(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2017
and a life was taken on the process
deity slap fall on u
Re: I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha by AceRoyal: 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2017
Just when you think you've seen the worst of this governor's stupidity, alas he get to surprise you more with an improved version of his special brand of stupidity!
I love my country but I'm ashamed of our leaders! tongue

1 Like

Re: I Demolished Eke-ukwu Market To Rescue Imo People From Female Deity – Okorocha by sweerychick(f): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
Prolly the old woman that slapped him tongue

(1) (Reply)

In Loving Memory Of The Late King Of Ijebu Igbo Oba Alyeluwa Joel Sowumi / Governor’s Security Pulled Guns On Me – Amaechi / Biafra: BNYL Raises Alarm, Says Agitators Doing What Made Ojukwu Fail. News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.