Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages (26478 Views)

Kenyan Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death Over Phone Text Messages / I Killed My Wife Over Suspicious Text Messages On Her Phone – Husband / Police Flee In Sapele As Okada Men Go On Rampage After Death Of Colleague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by dfrost: 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
Enskynelson:

A man calls u claiming to be a staff of your bank and claims also that your account has been blocked and u need to provide your account details for your account to be unblocked. Where is the greed if you provide the info?

1. No bank will call you about such.2
2. Why will I even agree to spend time with the said "person" before I end the call if not that my ear tickles because I heard money or something else?

Modified:

No mind me joor. You are quite right. My mind is playing me tricks. I didn't it the right lunch.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Synthase(m): 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2017
HAH:
not really, if it is bankers that give the information then it should be accurate, I mean they will know your name , account number, date of birth, etc but as it is most they don't have such information, most probably they got your number somewhere on the internet eg nairaland.or through phishing

You are right, I am tempted to believe that those sim registration people are also involved in this scam, I got two glo sims same day recently somewhere and registered them immediately same place, exactly two weeks later both sims (one present on mine and the other present on another person's phone) received exactly the same scam BVN message simultaneously, then I began to wonder where it could be from as these sim cards were purchased for data/internet purposes and we do not give it out to people to receive calls on or make calls, then I concluded it may be those guys at the point of sim registration, if they are not directly involved then they may be selling out people's phone numbers to scammers.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Enskynelson(m): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2017
dfrost:

1. No bank will call you about such.2
2. Why will I even agree to spend time with the said "person" before I end the call if not that my ear tickles because I heard money or something else?

Modified:

No mind me joor. You are quite right. My mind is playing me tricks. I didn't it the right lunch.

cheesy Try and settle the carryover lunch during dinner.winks
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by dfrost: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2017
Enskynelson:

Thanks. wink cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Josh44s(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
rabonni:
Pleaase take time to advice the aged people in the rural area they fall for this more.

All these local yahoo will never end well in life

Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by ugolinze123(m): 7:44pm On Nov 06, 2017
there new method now is hacking ur facebook account and changing every of ur details to there oyibo military man...plz be warned neva go to a cafe and logg in ur facebook even after u loggout it will still be hacked. Am a victim today
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by equity1(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
dfrost:
You can only get scammed if you greedy. Simple.
in this BVN issue in not true. u must be greedy for u to be scammed.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Diso60090(m): 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
First bank dey alert because i nor wan hearam if they like make them send text book i nor dey
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Diso60090(m): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
Enskynelson:

for your mind you funny abi?
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by IdeyFindWife: 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
dfrost:
You can only get scammed if you greedy. Simple.

The gullible get scammed faster too. Naivete often kills faster than untamed covetousness!
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by lailo: 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
I don't think anyone can defraud my account by just knowing my bvn number. people need enlightenment.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by selfmadeboss: 6:17am On Nov 07, 2017
MisterGrace:
How I toyed with one of the idiots.

Just the other weekend I was bored as f**k.
A text message came into my phone and behold
it was them scamming demons.

I decided to call the number in the text and one froggy voice
duck answered on the other end. His English sef na apology.

Customer care language fa? Zero. Anyway, I decided to give him
fabricated bank details and just before the I could finish calling out
the numbers, I terminated the call.

Behold the vulture fell for the trap and called back almost immediately.
That was how I kept on dribbling him with fictitious details for almost an hour.

The buffoon won't stop for the next three hours. With my 4000mah battery almost fully
charged, I kept on wasting his airtime and time until about 9pm when I told him I was just
wasting his money and time. grin

Come and see para... grin
The pig was vexed no be small.

You can't find those cows on true caller app.

I think the government needs to tighten the loopholes in the sim reg. exercise.
I always wondered how they did that
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Enskynelson(m): 7:02am On Nov 07, 2017
Diso60090:
for your mind you funny abi?
Lemme come and be going o. This one sounds like he has missed meal all day. You know this change thing de affect everybody in different ways.lolz.
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by Diso60090(m): 7:08am On Nov 07, 2017
Enskynelson:

Lemme come and be going o. This one sounds like he has missed meal all day. You know this change thing de affect everybody in different ways.lolz.
you think is funny abi?
Re: BVN: Scammers Go On The Rampage With Fake Text Messages by mikolo80: 11:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
MisterGrace:
How I toyed with one of the idiots.

Just the other weekend I was bored as f**k.
A text message came into my phone and behold
it was them scamming demons.

I decided to call the number in the text and one froggy voice
duck answered on the other end. His English sef na apology.

Customer care language fa? Zero. Anyway, I decided to give him
fabricated bank details and just before the I could finish calling out
the numbers, I terminated the call.

Behold the vulture fell for the trap and called back almost immediately.
That was how I kept on dribbling him with fictitious details for almost an hour.

The buffoon won't stop for the next three hours. With my 4000mah battery almost fully
charged, I kept on wasting his airtime and time until about 9pm when I told him I was just
wasting his money and time. grin

Come and see para... grin
The pig was vexed no be small.

You can't find those cows on true caller app.

I think the government needs to tighten the loopholes in the sim reg. exercise.
nice one. I wish I had a contact in Efcc who I can be giving these numbers to so they can be arresting them wella

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger State Taskforce Shaves Men's Hair With Scissors By Force (Photos) / Prophet Commits Suicide Inside Kirikiri Prison / Baby’s Eyes, Private Part Removed In Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.