Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged (15749 Views)

Price Of Survey Plan (red Copy) Anywhere In Oyo State For Individual Title / Cost Of Survey For A Plot Of Land In Ibadan / The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Timtol(m): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/do_share?redirect=%2F4001979%2Fall-need-start-building-housebuild%2F4%2362083819&post=62083819&session=7F060847068DDA17332988F7B95CED38C9D2F6201A45E84971BAB516F6B5B8B8
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Geomartinsurvey(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2017
A survey plan is not genuine not until a record copy is submitted or lodge with the office of the Surveyor General.
Meanwhile genuine Survey plans can only be prepared and produced by Registered Land Surveyors, therefore dont give your land documentation to quacks parading themselves as Surveyors.they swindled their clients with cheaper survey fees and promise to submit a record which they know is not possible.Two of these fake or quack Surveyors were arrested and arraigned some weeks ago.pls be warn.

Kindly contact
geomartins & ASSOCIATE
(We are team of Registered Surveyors and Planners)
For genuine land registration, land search,land documentations,layout designs and EIA report writing.

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by jidobaba(m): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2017
Dannyset:
Most times the Surveyor gives advice on this issue but the client feels survey can be done for any less amount. Lodged surveys have fixed varying cost according to locations and zones in Lagos state with the cheapest coming as high as 350k(came into effect as at April 1st 2017).
Is there an office where one can see this survey costs for different areas in lagos state? Without having to pay somebody or some agency. This information should be public really.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by sammydon24: 11:36am On Nov 20, 2017
I really appreciate you for the post, currently I am not in Nigeria. I bought a land in ibeju Lekki precisely awoyaya, but could not the the survey before I left. The land owner is telling me that to the survey will cost me 500k citing that Ambode has increased the fee. Can you please confirm the authenticity of his claim . Thank you sir
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Dannyset(m): 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
jidobaba:

Is there an office where one can see this survey costs for different areas in lagos state? Without having to pay somebody or some agency. This information should be public really.

All these are there for verification at the Surveyor Generals office to see. You can walk in there anytime but it's still the road side surveyor that you still need for it.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
sammydon24:
I really appreciate you for the post, currently I am not in Nigeria. I bought a land in ibeju Lekki precisely awoyaya, but could not the the survey before I left. The land owner is telling me that to the survey will cost me 500k citing that Ambode has increased the fee. Can you please confirm the authenticity of his claim . Thank you sir

It is true sir. But it is not advisable to use the surveyor of the person who sold the land to you. Consult another Registered Surveyor who will do the survey without bias.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 3:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
jidobaba:

Yes there is an office. When you are ready, go the office of the Nigeria Institution of Surveyors, Lagos. Its on Assbifi street (opposite Ikeja Shopping Mall), off Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja.

Let me give you some basic info about the cost of survey in Lagos state.

In Lagos, the cost of survey varies by location. There are three zones in Lagos. They are Zone A, B and C. The minimum cost of survey in each zone is N350,000, N500,000 and N1,000,000 respectively. These costs became effective April 1st, 2017.

Local government areas(LGAs) under Zone A are Eti-Osa, Lagos Island, Ikeja, and Apapa . LGAs under Zone B are Agege, Alimosho, Amuwo-Odofin, Ibeju-Lekki, Ifako-Ijaiye, Kosofe, Lagos Mainland, Mushin, Oshodi/Isolo, Ojo, Shomolu and Surulere. Those under Zone C are Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Badagry, Epe and Ikorodu.

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
Dannyset:

All these are there for verification at the Surveyor Generals office to see. You can walk in there anytime but it's still the road side surveyor that you still need for it.

Sorry, please what do you mean by "road side surveyor"?
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 3:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
ogundokun:
Where can I get list of accusations land in Ikorodu

Acquisitions by the government are usually published in the Lagos State Gazette. Are you trying to confirm if a land is under acquisition or not?
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by survtony(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Clients are the main problems. You tell them the truth but they fail to listen and try playing smart. I did a survey for a client in ogun state, almost 7acres. Gave her cost, she flaired up saying there is a surveyor that is collecting 250k for 7acres of land. Had to tell her to go give the guy oo. Tomorrow if such person gets duped, she will blame surveyors. Even when you show them the scale of fee, they still doubt

1 Like

Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Dannyset(m): 6:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
drewe20:

Sorry, please what do you mean by "road side surveyor"?

Non-government surveyors. They already know they have to register it at the Bureau of Lands.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by survtony(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
Dannyset:

Non-government surveyors. They already know they have to register it at the Bureau of Lands.
The term private practising surveyors will be better. Road side surveyors sounds like quack and non government surveyors will be confusing to a layman, besides, all registered surveyors work with the government department of lands to carry out a survey
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by Dannyset(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
survtony:

The term private practising surveyors will be better. Road side surveyors sounds like quack and non government surveyors will be confusing to a layman, besides, all registered surveyors work with the government department of lands to carry out a survey

Very true!
The nature and policies of the job(surveying) in Lagos state makes all surveyors work with the Bureau, not all the registered alone, but all the registered surveyors hold regular meetings with the government.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by jidobaba(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
drewe20:

Acquisitions by the government are usually published in the Lagos State Gazette. Are you trying to confirm if a land is under acquisition or not?
Is the Surveyor under any obligation to tell me the status of the land?
Or he just maps out the coordinates and goes his way?
Obviously an already acquired land cannot be lodged for red copy, or can it?

What exactly is the full scope of work that is expected from any surveyor on a land parcel?
So that I can demand for my money's worth.

Seriously,
I don’t know why things in this country are so shrouded in mystery, everywhere you go... Na wa oo.
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
jidobaba:

Is the Surveyor under any obligation to tell me the status of the land?
Or he just maps out the coordinates and goes his way?
Obviously an already acquired land cannot be lodged for red copy, or can it?

What exactly is the full scope of work that is expected from any surveyor on a land parcel?
So that I can demand for my money's worth.

Seriously,
I don’t know why things in this country are so shrouded in mystery, everywhere you go... Na wa oo.

I have written something about this. Please see
https://www.nairaland.com/4216857/why-need-surveyor-when-want
Re: How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged by drewe20(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
Read more and educate yourself on land matters here

https://oticsurveys.com/blog/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau Government Begins Demolition Of Substandard Buildings In Jos (PHOTOS) / Illegal Structures At Oke Afa Demolished By Lagos State Government (Pics) / Affordable Land In Enugu For Sell (Treasure Park Estate)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.