Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,467 members, 7,850,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets (4192 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Declared Wives Among His Assets....Right Or Wrong? / EXCLUSIVE-Jonathan,Muazu,Okonjo,FFK wooing Ribadu To PDP / Anenih Asks Jonathan To Declare His 2015 Intention By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by mowapa(m): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2007
Declare Your Assets, Kalu Challenges Ribadu

EMBATTLED Governor Orji Uzo Kalu of Abia State yesterday challenged the Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu to publish his assets and those of President Olusegun Obasanjo "for the public to judge who is corrupt".

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/feb/21/503.html
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by mowapa(m): 12:24am On Feb 22, 2007
Before anyone start assailing Kalu on this issue, I find this to be a valid question begging for an answer. Why! you ask, well we all know how tough it's to survive in Nigeria where everything is tied to the $. and for those who may not know its a fact that El-Rufai is married with nine children and two wives, so how does he support them on his salary? just curious.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 22, 2007
Ribadu is an appointed official, he doesn't need to declare shit. It's the elected folks who are there on the back of the people who should declare their assets.

@mo wapa

Declare your assets or stop talking.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by mowapa(m): 12:46am On Feb 22, 2007
Jeez! I'm just being a messenger. whoa people are just touchy touchy and I doubt if you're right. all state commissioners had to declare their asset why not the minister.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by alabiyemmy(m): 12:48am On Feb 22, 2007
Funny - Is El Rufai to be taken to task now because he has two wives and nine kids - I guess it is expected that serving public officers should be poor before aspiring to government or before being appointed to government. I guess he is wise and knows better - the corrupt ones only have one wife and yet out of their greediness, they cant stop stealing and taking what doesnt belong to them. Leave El Rufai out of the matter -
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by BigB11(m): 12:52am On Feb 22, 2007
Definitely a valid question.

Teacher don't teach me nonsense.

If Ribadu's job is to judge or clear people, I think it is absolutely relevant  for him to be cleared.

It is the same as drug testing for the folks that work with drug addicts.

Ribadu should welcome this challenge and immediately declare his assets; starting from 2002.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by mowapa(m): 1:07am On Feb 22, 2007
Just ask anyone that work with drug addict, there is always a need to get high hence, their need to steal, prostitute and commit crime to fuel it. Any civil servant[b] OR[/b] appointee with nine kids and two wives to feed in today Naija should have Q to answer.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by BigB11(m): 1:15am On Feb 22, 2007
There is something called CLEARANCE in United States for all top government officials.

In order for you to hold any high government position, you must pass several test. And part of this test require you to disclose your assets and past history (positive or negative).

We should follow the same path; I think it is very appropriate for Mr. EFCC (Superman) to disclose his assets and show Nigerians that he's as clean as a mountain crystal.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by Nobody: 1:22am On Feb 22, 2007
Ribadu should declare his asset to the confirmation panel or whoever but he doesn't have to publicize it. Kalu and co. who are elected officials SHOULD declare their assets to the public who is electing them.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by mowapa(m): 1:28am On Feb 22, 2007
Does it matter who he declares to? We just need to have it on file, what our public figures are worth before and after their term. S-I-M-P-L-E
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by 4Play(m): 1:30am On Feb 22, 2007
Declaration of assets in Nigeria amounts to a facade.No point in doing that when the true value of their assets is not revealed.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by BigB11(m): 1:32am On Feb 22, 2007
@ Donzman

Is RIBADU serving the panel or the public?

He should have nothing to hide and he should be proud to declare his salary and his assets starting from 2002.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by BigB11(m): 1:35am On Feb 22, 2007
4play:

You are correct, but as the time goes things will change for better; Assets declaration process will improve.

But we can never stop the process just because criminals are getting their ways with the process.

Every day is for the thief and one single day is dedicated to the owner.

Let's keep hope alive.

Mr Ribadu should immediately present his assets.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 22, 2007
Big B1:

@ Donzman

Is RIBADU serving the panel or the public?

He should have nothing to hide and he should be proud to declare his salary and his assets starting from 2002.

He serves the public via. an appointment. The appointer should be held responsible for appointing a corrupt individual and thus should ensure he is clean. At the end of the day, OBJ is responsible for Ribadu's actions and will account for it.The public is responsible for who they elect into office, that is why we have to hold them responsible and accountable to US.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by Mamajama(m): 2:06am On Feb 22, 2007
you guys are too funny. How can you confirmed this asset declaration is trust worth? there is no credit system or a centralized databased in Nigeria to

validate the declaration. how can you investigate assets that are hidden under family member names? SUNNY ODOGU GAVE IBB a PLANE for his B day

when he was the president. how do we know he didn't used Nigeria money to buy the plane? The governor is just using defensive tactics to take the

focus off him, RIBADU was not ELECTED. he was appointed. we don't have DIRECTOR GENERALS of Ministries in Nigeria declaring there assets so RIBADU don't have to declare nothing
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by mowapa(m): 2:17am On Feb 22, 2007
I find that thought faulty, 'cause our inability to ascertain what people like Andy was worth made it possible for OBJ to hide asset under his management and if you don't believe that is what Andy does for OBJ, go ask Donald Duke what he meant when Kalu promised him the tourism position in his cabinet and he jokingly refused because he wanted Andy position under OBJ.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by shutmouth(m): 7:58am On Feb 22, 2007
grin grin grin HAHAHAHAHAHA, KALU.

He knows Ribadu will nail him as soon as his immunity expires. A desperate and confused man.

No more comments!!!
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by McDoe(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2007
As far as Ribadu is concerned, he only owe his allegiances to the Presidency. But it shouldn't be so. If by public demand, he is asked to declare his assets, so be it. He has no right to ask others to declare their assets while he cannot do the same. There is this maxim, which says, we' lead by example.
To me, Ribadu has become a noise maker who is out to disgrace others unjustifiably because he considers himself invincible, at least, for now.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by nikynike(f): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2007
Ribadu the EFCC Oga should declare his asset for the public to view.Very Crucial.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by CrudeOil2(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2007
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by atiku07(m): 10:49am On Feb 22, 2007
well i will not be surprised when later u will all be in the know that most of the property confiscated from the so called 419 lords will be for the benefit of ribadu and oga obj wise up ma ppl. ok uppon all the billion retrived from tafa balogun tell them to say something about it i bet u dey can not even say anything bout it again the answer is they have shared the holy loot grin grin grin grin grin

Ribadu suck shocked sad

pls don't get me wrong b4 i love ribadu so much that i even want to work 4 efcc volutarily but of late i lost cofidence in him cause he is becomming biased day by day he shows he has no moral ground to hold that post.

u will all realise wat am saying as time goes on.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by chidichris(m): 11:28am On Feb 22, 2007
donzeman, i do not know if you are airing your opinion or you are quoting the constitution.
serving the public means serving the public wether elected or appointed when it comes to assets declearation.
when arafat died, it was noticed that he has fat accounts in france and most funds mearnt for the people of palestine were diverted into his personal accounts overseas, yet he was crying for the betterment of the palestine people on daily bases.
balogun was appointed the inspector general of police and by such appointment, he was surposed to be the no 1 security officer in nigeria but he turned out to be the no 1 criminal in the country.
a clear concience they say fears no accusation. it is time we know if he just decided to be a sacrifial lamb or he is getting the reward as a good actor he is.
with the air full of suspicion and accusation of selected justice and persecution, with the nation full of corruption, it will be wise for us to confirm that there is only one man who is upright among the corrupt people.
this is a challange he should take without pain ( that is if he does not have any skeleton or even flesh in his cupboard).
as per knowing when he declears correctly, there are thieves who are out to catch other thieves.
i am of high spirit that before orji call for this, he has something for their fans.
we are fans and they are all actors and actresses so let them go ahead and feed us with the shows.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by shutmouth(m): 11:59am On Feb 22, 2007
please don't get me wrong before i love ribadu so much that i even want to work 4 efcc volutarily but of late i lost cofidence in him cause he is becomming biased day by day he shows he has no moral ground to hold that post.

grin grin grin WHAT A CHEEK!!!

You work for Ribadu? You're dreaming. Ribadu does not need rogues.

A person who chose Atiku's name as his initials. Not even Atiku will like to employ you.

Go dreaming, my dreamer!!!
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by nikynike(f): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2007
grin grin
Nairalanders you are very funny.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by ugodaniel(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2007
shutmouth:

grin grin grin WHAT A CHEEK!!!

You work for Ribadu? You're dreaming. Ribadu does not need rogues.

A person who chose Atiku's name as his initials. Not even Atiku will like to employ you.

Go dreaming, my dreamer!!!

Shutmouth, you no dey even tire sef for this vituperations against Atiku. I bow for you ooo!
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by Roscodaddy(m): 12:29pm On Feb 22, 2007
If Ribadu has nothing to hide,declaring his assets willnot take him up to 15 mins,so he should please do so,,shutmouth,what has Atiku done to you,abi he snatch your babe,leave our president alone oh.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by ugodaniel(m): 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2007
Rascodaddy, how can our VP snatch his babe when we all know shutmouth is a paid internet contractor to cast aspersions on Atiku and to cloud some peeps reasoning. Shutmouth is a very small fry. He is not in da BIG league yet
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by shutmouth(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2007
so,,shutmouth,what has Atiku done to you

we all know shutmouth is a paid internet contractor

grin grin grin

Look at them calling ShutMouth as if they are drunk like Atiku

I used the screen name to tell you Atiku rouges to shut your mouth, yet you enjoy using the word.

Keep saying after me, S-H-U-T-M-O-U-T-H
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by McKren(m): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2007
Kalu likes diverting attention rather than addressing real issues. Once upon a time he challenged Ribadu to probe OBJ and when asked to come forward with evidence of his claims he refused. He will go to jail after leaving office its that simple.

A man who lacks focus like Orji Kalu should have no place in our national debate. Jail awaits him.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by donnymikky(m): 3:39pm On Feb 22, 2007
wonders will never end in Nigeria. Just because Kaluhas a case to answer then the only answer to his retinue of cases is to ask Ribadu to declare his asset. Anyway, Kalu is right, infact very right. IF truelly Ribadu has nothing to hide then he should go ahead to declare his assets with his liabilities for Kalu to rest in peace. I dont know why Kalu has to go personal with this man who is just the head of an agency, Asset or No asset Nigerians are well informed and no body can play on our sensibilities again.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by Mariory(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2007
This is the kind of politician that wants to be president. He is asking Ribadu to declare his asserts? Ribadu is not voted for by the people. Ribadu is not in charge of public money. The constitution does not require Ribadu to declare anything.

What kind of retarded people are leading this country. This Kalu fool just keeps digging and doesn't know when to stop. It appears he stupid display on hard talk is not enough for him.
Re: Kalu Challenges Ribadu To Declare His Assets by chidichris(m): 6:53pm On Feb 22, 2007
mirory, if that is what u call retarded, then u have to revisit school.
in the bible a woman was about to be stoned to death by a group of people who said she committed adultary but when Jesus reached the scene, he said to them, let any of u who has never committed her kind of sin be the first to cast stone on her. all dropped their stones.
who told you that constitution does not require appointed officials to declare their assets.
so ribadu has the right to own the whole abuja and nobdoy has the right to ask him question.
good leaders in all places must lead by example.
as a goodwill citizen who wants to wipe away corruption in totality, he should be the first person to declare his assets at least to make us know that he is not preaching another thing and doing another thing.
if orji uzor kalu is corrupt and should not contest election, it means yar adua is not corrupt? do you ask yourself why yar adua? his brother was obj's second in command in millitary and obj went to jail with yar adua during abacha regime for coup planing and now his younger brother among others is the only qualified candidate for president.
with the acceptance of peter odili to withdraw from the race, he is no longer corrupt.
who is fooling who?
Ribadu, el-rufai, bode george, tony annenih, andy uba and even saint obj should go ahead and declare their assets.
if orji uzor kalu has been outspoken since 1999 and nothing has happened to him till now, so why is now that corruption charges are been mentioned.
if we want to talk about corruption, we must start from aso rock. we must discuss the source of third term agenda and discuss the agents and sponsors of the agenda. how much was lavish on the third term project and what is the sources of the spent funds.
if a man who came to power in 1999 with a total balance of 20,000 in his account has acquired all he has by now, let us praise orji uzor for been too gentle on him.
it is shameful that atiku the corrupt vice has defeated obj in more than nine cases yet the saint is not ready to leave him alone.
i watch fool call atiku and orji uzo corrupt when our presidential jet was used to smuggle us$170,000.00 into the usa by andy uba and the case was judged and the idiot was convicted and was mearnt to pay fine in the usa which means guilty of the crime. was it not confirmed that part of the money was used to buy farm tool and sent to uttah farm. what is the definition of corruption when obj bought a jet to smuggle our money out of the country.
among all the governors in the current dispensation, i respect orji most because when other governors were busy petting obj and giving their surport for third term, he stood firm in his position against the third term and he made it clear that he can only leave when obj leaves. i will continue respecting him as long as he is ready to say his mind.
how many states are in the east? how many of them has built heaven out hell and how many of them are been called bad names and why only orji?
let yar adua be the next leaders and let us see how a snake will give birth to a lion.
obj was selected by few and he never cared about nigerians so also will be the case of yar adua who knows too well that he is not the people's choice rather obj's choice and he will never have a reason to care about us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Nigerians Pay Their Electricity Bill / Did Fayose Actually Deceive Ekiti People Today? / Enugu Gov’s Wife Makes Case For Vulnerable Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.