Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! (2599 Views)

Ekiti The Fountain Of Knowledge Or Ekiti The Stomach Infratructure State / Church Wedding: Anatomy Of Nonsense / Ekiti State Should Drop That Name ''Fountain Of Knowledge'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Chykason(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2010
EKITI: The Fountain Of Nonsense cry
baby state culled from former Ondo state.
i served there. cool
I got to know that there is almost a professor per family but yet first-class poor houses litter everywhere. cry
The only good road there is d Ado-Iworoko Rd (although it is awarded since January 2008 and up till now hasn't been completed). embarassed
Look at what happened in Ido Osi during that election: CHARADE cry

Ekiti people should do something about that their UNAD.
Come and see how students are using their mobile phones to google answers of questions inside the exam hall (especially computer science students). Some lecturers even use expulsion to threaten some weak-minded students caught in-the-act for them to see him/her privately for 'settlement'.
There is this final year course that I'm assisting in invigilating and i met a guy cheating. . .he's like 'why do you hate me like this? Can't you see that the lecturers are not troubling us.' Lo and behold, as i looked in the lecturer's direction, i noticed that they intentionally backed the exam venue! Why would I suffer myself anymore?? Maybe they(lecturers) are afraid of their a$$es because there are up to 46 different cultist groups in the school.
Lecturer's only threaten on fresher's course invigilation! How sad it is. . . embarassed

Exam Results Upgrade!
Honestly what do you expect when they're short-staffed? Majority of their lecturers are average 30yrs old!
Corp members r allowed to handle undergraduate courses, even final year courses. FYI, I handled 1 during my time(2009 Batch A).
Corp members are paid peanuts, so don't blame them if they take advantage.
Another problem in that UNAD is selling of handouts. Imagine, the HOD I served made his course a pre-requisite so that he'll sell of his textbooks. The textbooks are printed at =N=97 per 1(i got to know this from d masters student assisting him), but he's selling them at =N=800. Now multiply that amount with the number of students in that faculty because it's a faculty course!
**That my HOD's decision is purely based on his personal interest**
What made d matters worse is that criteria for registering any course is buying the textbook(written by the lecturer-in-charge) for that course. If you didn't purchase, your results won't be released: automatic carry-over!
There is even a case of HOD of BAM(Business Administrations/Management) Dr. Aluko (husband of Tosin Aluko, the chairman of Ado L.G.A) that approved a final year result of 56 students : 14 First Class and the rest is Second Class Upper. No 2 2, no third class, no pass, no spill-over. BUT thank God the Senate didn't
approve that madness.
How can the quality of education stoop so low.

Now comes d minimum school fees of =N=90,000 wahala

WHAT A SHAME!!!

Ekiti people rise up against these corruption wearing away your land!!!
The only good thing i see in Ekiti state is d rate of armed robbery which is very low. All hope is not lost. . .not yet cool

N.B.
EKITI nairaland users, your people are d one that made use of d word "the fountain of nonsense" during Oni's Ido/Osi election rigging per excellence.

I'm happy I relieved this burden off my chest kiss
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2010
Threadstarter, na wa for you oooo

Is this thread really necessary??
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Chykason(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2010
^^ i believe it'll do us good if we expose these ills in our society. . .let the leaders know that we're aware.

Certainly, somebody must speak out shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by jimrite: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2010
I don't think it worths opening a thread for,it is not unusual in all Nigeria higher institutions not only in UNAD. God will help us
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by samuelk(m): 11:22am On Mar 20, 2010
pray FL doesnt see this grin
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by netotse(m): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2010
samuelk:

pray FL doesnt see this grin
abi. . .if she sees this na fight!
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by chemali: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2010
You forgot to talk about UNAD girls
It is a well known fact in Ondo, Osun and Ondo states that they are reknowned for their ashawo tendecies.

They are always the craziest in any party, phuck married men and politicians, engage in three/somes and foursomes with men. Infact, in the aristo business, unilag girls are nowhere in their league, UNAD girls come tops !

Anybody that has studied or lived around Ekiti state will tell you about UNAD girls
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by netotse(m): 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
chemali:

You forgot to talk about UNAD girls
It is a well known fact in Ondo, Osun and Ondo states that they are reknowned for their ashawo tendecies.

They are always the craziest in any party, phuck married men and politicians, engage in three/somes and foursomes with men. Infact, in the aristo business, unilag girls are nowhere in their league, UNAD girls come tops !

Anybody that has studied or lived around Ekiti state will tell you about UNAD girls
you're losing sight of the reason the OP created this thread, it's not about beef. . .and lag girls? aristos? homie where u been?
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by yemmight(m): 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2010
I think its not about UNAD girls. Its all about dev. of that state despite producing lots of profs in the country, the state is still lacking behind. Imust say here that PDP has dragged us back in so many states. God Almighty will help us. Just take a look @ Edo and Ondo and compare development in the past with the recent govs over there.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by DrKnow1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2010
Too much book turns you into mumu
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Chykason(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2010
Talking about UNAD girls
Their LECTURERS are not helping matters. They've fleet of girls. My own HOD always carry one of them in his Nissan Jeep front door though d man clocks 58 dis yr. Even junior lecturers do fear some of these girls cos of stepping on toes of some Profs
Moreso, UNAD gals are notorious of living in couples
A Hot politician will tell you they're the sweetest
a honest UNAD guy'll tell you as a candid advice that most of them r not marriageable (if you doubt it, investigate!)
a pastor will tell you that most are doomed! cry
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by ochukoccna: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ poster, You not said anything worth holding on to nor contributing to in this post except to graphically paint your lurid recollections online.
All what you posted here happens in most -if not all- citadels of learning in 9ja but on varying scales. If your post NYSC joblessness is affecting you, please get a life.

@ post, you wonder where the spam blocker is on this site when you need it the most.
Seun, over to you.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by jensinmi(m): 6:03pm On Mar 20, 2010
Chykason:

EKITI: The Fountain Of Nonsense cry

There is even a case of HOD of BAM(Business Administrations/Management) Dr. Aluko (husband of Tosin Aluko, the chairman of Ado L.G.A) that approved a final year result of 56 students : 14 First Class and the rest is Second Class Upper. No 2 2, no third class, no pass, no spill-over. BUT thank God the Senate didn't
approve that madness.

It appears everyone in Ekiti is aware of the antics of Dr. Tope Aluko (aka T.K.O)
First Class in business admin - N250,000 -N300,000
Second class -

He can also hook you up with a direct entry. SNAP!!!! I doubt you need to even register to UNAD. For N300,000 a premium certified UNAD Business Admin Certificate can be yours. I kid you not. Funny thing is everyone knows,  everyone sees,  Nobody seems to care. I've heard he has enough cars to make a governor jealous. Makes sense,  If you make 150 students pay a minimum of N100,000,  just to get their results, then I guess you can buy a lot of worldly possessions.  Anyway, I heard he resigned a few months ago. GOD!!! I miss Ribadu.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 20, 2010
@op
B4 I respond I would like to know where u re from.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by honeric01(m): 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2010
jensinmi:

It appears everyone in Ekiti is aware of the antics of Dr. Tope Aluko (aka T.K.O)
Second class -

He can also hook you up with a direct entry. SNAP!!!! I doubt you need to even register to UNAD. For N300,000 a premium certified UNAD Business Admin Certificate can be yours. I kid you not. Funny thing is everyone knows,  everyone sees,  Nobody seems to care. I've heard he has enough cars to make a governor jealous. Makes sense,  If you make 150 students pay a minimum of N100,000,  just to get their results, then I guess you can buy a lot of worldly possessions.  Anyway, I heard he resigned a few months ago. GOD!!! I miss Ribadu.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by ochukoccna: 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2010
Xavier.:

@op
Frigging IBO man from his post name would be my guess i.e. Chike.
Except he's masking his true identity with that profile name!
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Chykason(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2010
jensinmi:

Second class -

thank God I met someone that knows UNAD well.
That man is feared well in the school because of his thugs (die-hard kultists).
He usually threatens d VC Dipo Kolawole of meeting him 'outside d school premises'. kiss
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Chykason(m): 7:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
ochukoccna:

Frigging IBO man from his post name would be my guess i.e. Chike.
Except he's masking his true identity with that profile name!
my friend don't allow crazy tribal sentiments to cloud over & pollute your sense of reasoning shocked
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Chykason(m): 7:40pm On Mar 20, 2010
Xavier.:

@op

brother Xavi,
the spirit of 'if it's my brother, then it ain't wrong' won't help solve d problem at hand.
I just exposed some ills affecting Ekiti state. It doesn't matter where i'm from, i believe cool
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by ochukoccna: 8:35pm On Mar 20, 2010
Chykason:

brother Xavi,
the spirit of 'if it's my brother, then it ain't wrong' won't help solve d problem at hand.
I just exposed some ills affecting Ekiti state. It doesn't matter where i'm from, i believe cool
Chykason:

my friend don't allow crazy tribal sentiments to cloud over & pollute your sense of reasoning shocked

Phock U. U this self righteous but tribal prick. Who says I'm Ekiti or Yoruba?
It's not only Ekiti that has challenges. it's the whole Nigerian project Chike.
That's if it was ever a project.
The whole country has challenges.
Strip your ethnic cocoon off and maybe we can save this nation together.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by sfiea: 10:02am On Mar 21, 2010
These and many more happenings all over Nigeria, crazy nonsense everywhere.
Tell me which institution of higher learning has no "ARISTO" "CULTIST" "Hand out sales" or other vices, NONE.
The subject should have been, Nigeria: The Fountain Of Nonsense!, and every one recounting their various experiences.

But for EKITI State in particular, you said so.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by edoyad(m): 10:26am On Mar 21, 2010
Please and please who knows how much they sell MBAs in UNad ? I'd also like to know how long it takes to collect it.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Gentlesoul1(m): 11:32am On Mar 21, 2010
@poster,
I can't believe someone can desend so low the way u did, i cant imagin u came online and post this kinda shit you posted about Unad and Ekiti in general. It's a known fact that Nigeria as a whole is full of shits.
And you coming online to post this shits shows you dont have regards for peole around you and you're a slnwpoke. Idiot
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Gentlesoul1(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2010
@edoyad pls where are you from? I'll like to know this before i can reply you
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Gentlesoul1(m): 11:39am On Mar 21, 2010
@edoyad, don't tell me you believe in what that asshole posted
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 21, 2010
ekiti fountain of nonsense named by the ekitis is not working which the op is saying instead some fools r a digressing
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2010
we all know naija presently is messed up but we havent focused on developments in ekiti for a while.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2010
so you sentimental idiots should focus on ekiti according to the topic coz that state aint working out.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by rhymz(m): 11:58am On Mar 21, 2010
Well, obviously, some ppl are taking offence in dis exposure,it is understandable especially if the author is not an indigin of the said state and the stated problems are general in country that has come to accept things like this as normal.
However, most of what the poster has said are sadly true abt the state, they are undeniable facts. Dont let tribal sentiments impair Ur sense of justice and what is right. I dont support unfounded bashing but when it is true, it is stupid defending it, tribal affilliations have so assaulted our sense of decency that we always throw the baby with the bathwater. . .
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Gentlesoul1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2010
OMG! I can't believe it that, there are many fouls who instead of engaging themselves in meaningful things they are here saying craps about Ekiti. You guys should get a job, i advice shioorr
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by honeric01(m): 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2010
Are these allegations false? if they are true and someone who was close enough to the perpetrators decides to open up, i don't see any crime in what he has done, instead let's start addressing the issue from here, then we can shift attention elsewhere once a solution can be arrived at.
Re: Ekiti: The Fountain Of Nonsense! by Chykason(m): 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2010
@ Gentle soul

reading through your posts, i don't see how you contributed anything to solve Ekiti's problem rather than defending injustice unnecessary. Are you one of the riddles in the society? cry

asking one where he's from before your reply, is that an ethical behaviour

**i said ethical, not ethnical. . .duh**

(1) (Reply)

ICPC Recovered N12bn Stolen Funds — Olamiti / Kola Abiola @ 50 : "Whatever The Issue Was Btw Obj & My Father I Wish.... / Jonathan In Borno. (bulletproof Vest)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.