Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,826 members, 7,844,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly (18552 Views)

Prophet Onyeze Jesus: 'I Will Raise Dead Bodies On The 28 Of January' / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / Observe Prayers Online — CAN Tells Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by murtaj(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
IOAGEM:
Awon ode, none of your antics,hatred,hypocrsy can dare to stop the spread of Islam,how will you live long with constantly thinking of the fear of being dominated by Islam,take it or leave it Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and particularly in the West, by the year 2050 Islam would have overtaken christanity in billions,why it would be so, what is fascinating in Islam as such,only the wise ones will seek for answer,seek for the truth and the truth shall seek find you. Tabawi waani CAN , Kanu ko, pangolo nii. Sio

2050 is too far by 2030 Islam will spread to most part of the universe
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Skmoda360(m): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
QueenSekxy:
when an Islamic jihadist..is your president what do you expectthis country is for north
so if you are seeing yourself as a Nigerian just know that you are a northerner and a zombie
sorry to bother you with this question ma.....and don't vex about it.....Are you a Northerner? undecided undecided
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by kumakunta: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
omogin:
Islam and Islamic leaders lead to retrogression. Even UAE doesn't act islam
Go there and organize a crusade .
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by XaintJoel20: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2017
madridguy:
CAN can be very funny at times. Well, I will take them serious the day they stop acting as proxy to PDP.

Address the issue raised and stop politicizing serious national issues.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Drbarmes(m): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
ybalogs:
come to my level please. I'm not Obaiagbon.
lol... it's a word play... instead of empty VESSEL he used CAN
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
JESUS REIGHNETH
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Leonbonapart(m): 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lilimax:
It's none of my business provided I'm not being disturbed in worshipping Jesus Christ My Lord
God and personal Saviour embarassed
then you are but a baby and very ignorant of islamization
Turkey was once a Christian country and many others

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by egoldman(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
vengertime:
Buhari is a failure and a terrorist

Attack the message , not the messenger . angry
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by madridguy(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
Same way you addressed the issue when the CAN President jet was used to smuggle black market arms.

XaintJoel20:

Address the issue raised and stop politicizing serious national issues.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
Cyynthialove:
Even kids can read the handwriting on the wall.

But no matter how Abubakar Shekau and Buhari struggle, they must surely fail because, I have never seen where darkness has overshadowed the light. Never !!

No iddiot will impose cursed ungodly religion on Nigerians directly or indirectly .

All headslammers are stvpid terrorists--. Donald Trump
20th September 2016.
you have organ prolapse i swear,ur brain to be precise pls endeavour to see a neuro surgeon b4 u go insane completely.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Ahmedhussain3463: 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
QueenSekxy:
when an Islamic jihadist..is your president what do you expectthis country is for north
so if you are seeing yourself as a Nigerian just know that you are a northerner and a zombie
u have pblem
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by oruma19: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
How will withdrawal help Nigeria? The Muslims help their fellow Muslims more than the Christians do. If not for some small hiccups I would have preferred to be a Muslim. Let us join more Islamic organizations instead of withdrawing from the ones we are in already. Christian bodies are private jet competitive bodies, they don't care about their co Christians. Na lie I talk? U need to be a Muslim to know the opportunities they have. Nigerian Christians are not real Christians, they are mammon worshippers. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by boringnigerian: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2017
“CAN calls on the National Assembly to compile the list of all organisations that Nigeria belongs to and all the treaties signed with a view to dropping all the religious ones. “That we declare the inability of the state governments to pay workers’ salaries and allowances as and when due as unacceptable and call on the federal and state’s governments to work together to address this.”

I agree with the bolded. Drop ALL religious ones. Nigeria is a secular state so we have no business as a nation belonging to or signing treaties with any religious organization.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by vannessa7(f): 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
murtaj:

2050 is too far by 2030 Islam will spread to most part of the universe

Historically, Christian nations have been known to abandon the church enmass or the church doctrines due to development or affluence while Islamic nations continue to stand strong in Islam even in the face of stupendous wealth and civilisation, it's about the truth which is that God, Allah, is the only one worthy of worship, my husband a former pastor is now an Islamic comparative preacher comparing Islam and Christianity, he just rounded off a program where many Christians converted to Islam, God will not share His glory with any man, Islam is spreading fast and will spread all over the world , check my story of conversation in my profile .Turkey converted to Islam, are they not better for it?

3 Likes

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
asuustrike2009:
That was what Turkish Christians said but the rest is history
Same way with Spanish Muslims.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
Leonbonapart:

Some of you keep clinging on Turkey formerly being a Christian state. Have you ever read about Al-Andalus? Do you know anything about Islam in Spain and Christian conquest?

Stop being hypocritical and get some education.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
All of you clinging on Turkey formerly being a Christian state. Have you ever read about Al-Andalus? Do you know anything about Islam in Spain and Christian conquest?

Stop being hypocritical and get some education.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
mu2sa2:
Are these guys confused or being plainly mischievous? Muslims constitute roughly half of Nigeria's population and membership of Islamic organizations is to cater for their interests and indeed the interest of rational people in the country even if they r non- Muslims. By the way, in what ways are Christians negatively affected by nigeria's membership of Islamic organizations? Hypocrisy is a terrible condition - these so-called religious leaders set out deliberately to deceive their gullible followers as usual. The hypocrites
close their eyes to the fact that Ugandan, Benin republics and some other countries with majority Christian population are members of OIC, reaping the benefits.

Benefits like...
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by savagefinder: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
ybalogs:
This is really getting boring. Why can't they look for a way to make us be a part of a christian body?
e just taya me.. Islamic banks are giving loans to government without interest and our churches are building universities and buying private jets.. I am a Christian but let them all go and sleep.. They are mad

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by savagefinder: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2017
ikennaf1:

Benefits like...
Islamic banks give loans to government without interest.. Which one we Christians dey do? University that are costlier than iPhone X.. And private jets.. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by mu2sa2: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2017
DeepSight:

The Constitution of Nigeria defines Nigeria as a secular state. Therefore, Nigerian Governments ideally should have no activity in or membership of religious associations. Religion is a private and social matter, not a governmental or political matter. People like you probably support the government sponsorship of Christian and Muslim pilgrimages. This is very wrong. Government should have nothing to do with financing pilgrimages. Neither should the nation as a corporate entity enter into any religious association or organization.

Simple.
There is no where the constitution says nigeria is a secular state, whatever that means. The constitution only says the country shall not adopt a state religion. Don't forget that the same constitution has "so help me God" embedded in the oaths of office in the 7th schedule.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Naruto87(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
it's amazing the amount of stupid people online... you read a news from an unverified source and u believe it without credible evidence. it seems there are a lot of MEDIA JUDGES nowadays.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by skedman(m): 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2017
vengertime:
Buhari is a failure and a terrorist
you people just write rubbish without even thinking.i now see ipob as people who have failed in life however they want everything around them to fail.i overhead one of them abusing the governor of lagos state that he is this and that but they left their own governor over there constructing mere statue.

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by vengertime: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2017
skedman:
you people just write rubbish without even thinking.i now see ipob as people who have failed in life however they want everything around them to fail.i overhead one of them abusing the governor of lagos state that he is this and that but they left their own governor over there constructing mere statue.
cmon get the fck out of here

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by murtaj(m): 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
Leonbonapart:

Bro go an read or learn more on history...... Turkey was never a Christian country

1 Like

Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by ambassagod: 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
clevvermind:
RELIGION IS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY.

Exactly.

Definitely not God.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by murtaj(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
vannessa7:

Historically, Christian nations have been known to abandon the church enmass or the church doctrines due to development or affluence while Islamic nations continue to stand strong in Islam even in the face of stupendous wealth and civilisation, it's about the truth which is that God, Allah, is the only one worthy of worship, my husband a former pastor is now an Islamic comparative preacher comparing Islam and Christianity, he just rounded off a program where many Christians converted to Islam, God will not share His glory with any man, Islam is spreading fast and will spread all over the world , check my story of conversation in my profile .Turkey converted to Islam, are they not better for it?

Glory to Lord, am happy for you and your family. May Allah (Lord ) make it easier and assist us all
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Sexina851(f): 2:34am On Nov 09, 2017
Gotze1:
Another Christian president will come and remove our nation from that useless organisation.

I wish
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by DeepSight(m): 3:48am On Nov 09, 2017
mu2sa2:
There is no where the constitution says nigeria is a secular state, whatever that means. The constitution only says the country shall not adopt a state religion. Don't forget that the same constitution has "so help me God" embedded in the oaths of office in the 7th schedule.

Wait a minute. If the country is not to adopt state religions what business does the country have joining religious associations at a corporate level.

By the way do you support state sponsorship of pilgrimages?

What about traditionalists. Do they have a right to request that the country also joins international traditional religion associations.

Please answer logically and let's not be absurd.
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 09, 2017
savagefinder:
Islamic banks give loans to government without interest.. Which one we Christians dey do? University that are costlier than iPhone X.. And private jets.. Mtcheew

3 questions.. So you have to belong to OIC before getting the loan?

How have you as a person benefitted directly or indirectly from the loans?

Or are you one of those who think that having one of their own doing the stealing means that they are politically relevant?
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by savagefinder: 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
ikennaf1:

3 questions.. So you have to belong to OIC before getting the loan?

How have you as a person benefitted directly or indirectly from the loans?

Or are you one of those who think that having one of their own doing the stealing means that they are politically relevant?
the fact that your idea of a government policy should affect you directly already shows the selfish type of politics you are playing.. The same reason we are still backward in Nigeria..
Re: Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2017
savagefinder:
the fact that your idea of a government policy should affect you directly already shows the selfish type of politics you are playing.. The same reason we are still backward in Nigeria..

But I pay tax directly to the government. The government also directly takes a chunk before I even get paid. Is the government selfish? The reason why we are backward today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / What They Don't Tell You About Atheism / Why are majority of those who fall under annointing female?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.