Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests (26667 Views)

Governor Wike Reacts To Demolition Of Mosque At Trans-Amadi Central, "Fake News" / Governor Wike Reacts To The Killing Of "Arrested Disarmed" Robbers By SARS / Wike Reacts To Masked DSS At NASS: "All Over The World This Has Never Happened" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by kirajustice: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state has reacted to protests by some Foreign students from the state in London who claim that their fees have not been paid by the Rivers government.

In a video obtained by PoliticsNGR, Wike, while speaking in Chatham house said that only students studying sciences e.g medicine will have their fees paid while others studying accounting, philosophy and other social sciences will be brought back to Nigeria to enrol in local universities.

Watch the video below;

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/08/ill-pay-fees-students-studying-sciences-gov-wike-reacts-protests/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVCBPUUkt6s

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
But why? grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Spylord48: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
"while others studying accounting, philosophy and other social sciences will be brought back to Nigeria to enrol in local universities"
So these courses are not relevant eh.
Wike is funny. Imagine, bring them back and enrol them in local universities!!!!

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Daeylar(f): 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
I really wonder why people here belittle courses just because they aren't science courses.

So only engineering and medicine students deserve to stay there, While philosophy, literature and accounting students should come back to Nigeria. His reason being that we have lecturers that can teach the other courses here. He should have just left them all there. The condescending way they treat courses which aren't science courses is wrong.

Although he did say they will continue the scholarship for both

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Igboblog: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
See wickedness
Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
Daeylar:
Why?

Mrs bobrisky

2 Likes

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by TyushTal(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
Why send them over there, in the first place?

I so much feel the pain of these students.
Just negodu, unreliable government

7 Likes

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by ajasam12: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
make he tell me his problem, dem wan carry racist enter departments and educational courses be that ooh
Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by NwaAmaikpe: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
shocked

I stand with Wike on this.

It is absurd and overwhelmingly irrational for the State Government to pay the fees of someone studying Linguistics, History or French.

Simply put,
Non-science students are non students!!

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by IgedeBushBoy(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
But why does the state have to pay in the 1st place?

7 Likes

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by hanassholesolo: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
Science is the future. Also f#ck banking and finance, Bitcoin will replace Jewish controlled Fiat.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by sinola(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
Daeylar:
Why?

....and last i checked,he was a law student

3 Likes

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
But he is right. Why will state funds be used to Sponsor studying Philosophy in London if not madness? Does the university of London teach Philosophy better than University of Nigeria Nsukka? Even UNIZIK Awka teaches better philosophy self. There is paucity of funds and everybody needs to start imbibing a saving culture.

Abeg come back and join us here in Nigeria.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by PointZerom: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
If they are not happy let them ask LOOTimi Amaechi the Judas of Ubima the definition of Chaji.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by deariekay(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
This governor is a complete slowpoke.most you go against a good legacy ?Uncivilized governor and a semi illiterate being.

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by 9jvirgin(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
And you are a lawyer? Your wife is also a lawyer? Why don't you encourage and pay for those studying law? How has science benefitted Rivers State? God must surely punish you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by BeReaSonAble(m): 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
Is he being reasonable.....

by the way has he given scholarship to anyone since his tenure?

Science.... study that makes one mad....

medicine.... ok they value life hence believe there is God.

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Femich18(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
ajasam12:
make he tell me his problem, dem wan carry racist enter departments and educational courses be that ooh
lol...Nah today you know that one? it has been there for a very long time
Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Leez(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
Spylord48:
"while others studying accounting, philosophy and other social sciences will be brought back to Nigeria to enrol in local universities"
So these courses are not relevant eh.
Wike is funny. imagine bring them back and enrol them in local universities!!!!
grin grin

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by BruncleZuma: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
Otuocha!!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by johnstar(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2017
Idiota grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by FreeConCiencE: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
ajasam12:

This one is '' Coursism'' not racist

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by PointZerom: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
deariekay:
This governor is a complete slowpoke.most you go against a good legacy ?Uncivilized governor and a semi illiterate being.

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Thewesterner(m): 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
I comment my reserve
Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by teamv: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
a law student
Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Gotze1: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
Daeylar:
I really wonder why people here belittle courses just because they aren't science courses.
Science owns the world my dear.

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
Just imagine this from a governor. Mumu man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Elnino4ladies: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
LMAO This is funny

1 Like

Re: I Will Only Pay Fees Of Students Studying Sciences - Wike Reacts To Protests by Dollabiz: 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project / Prevalence & Frequency Of Bribery In Nigeria By Geopolitical Zones / ‘why I Left APC’ — Abdulmumin Jibrin Opens Up On His Defection To NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.