Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? (1904 Views)

Goodluck E. Jonathan Tweet / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) / (pictures) Governor Chibuike Amaechi / Rivers State Declares For G Jonathan 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Fisay(m): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida is proposing to contest for presidency next year with Acting President Goodluck Ebere Jonathan as Vice President. The power that be, reason that IBB will only be president for only one term of four years to complete the north term of two terms and while Acting President Goodluck Jonathan will equally complete his term as vice president for two terms and then take over as full president in 2015, when it is time for southerner. Is there any better combination for 2011 election than this combination? Should we believe this formula?
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by snowdrops(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2010
Should you believe a ticket with IBB in it? The famous maradonna?
Should you believe the PDP?
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by redsun(m): 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
Why should any rational nigerian fathom the idea of IBB ruling nigeria again?It is the thought of a broken spirit.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by sjeezy8: 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^ Why not? If America supports IBB 80% of Nigerians would forget his past.

and if there are two northerners as candidates- people would probably vote IBB as they did Obasanjo-when both candidates were from the SW.

So IBB will probably be president.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by vigasimple(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2010
The Northern cabal are testing the waters and playing their usual game.

They invented the north south business and gave it to the PDP to 'allow' OBJ to be President simply because they want the office of the President. i am sure ome 2015, the north will form another political party and will not honour the pdp pact for power zoning.

if there is no zoning and there is free and fair election, the north will not smell the presidency in 50 yeas with their lousy and incompetent candidates.

IBB WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT IN ONE NIGERIA AGAIN
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by sjeezy8: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2010
^ lol says who?

The north can win an election fair and square anytime.- thats just the truth. they have more states
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by xterra2(m): 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
Jonathan wont agree to be the vice president again after serving acting president and possibly the president of the federal republic of Nigeria-he wont degrade himself to be the Vice.
And why dont people think,if he is so desperate to be the president his new cabinet would invoke section 144 or he would push the electoral reform bill to be passed,sign it himself and then improve infrastructure,power,healthcare,education.reduce corruption e.t.c do what nigeria needs so the whole nation would love him and guess what?The independent candidacy he would use to rul 2011-2015 since pdp wont give him its ticket and the pdp shall suffer,
Common sense
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2010
I think no matter the political calculation, decency demands that after being the acting President, Jonathan should either contest the 2011 election as President or not compete at all.

This talk of Jonathan dreaming to be VP again after being acting C-in-C is demeaning.

I hope for his sake as a human being he does not toe this part.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by PapaBrowne(m): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2010
sjeezy8:

^ lol says who?

The north can win an election fair and square anytime.- thats just the truth. they have more states

Oooh! That is so history Mister!!

They have less states Mister!. Benue, Taraba, Kogi and Plateau are no longer interested in alinging themselves with Sharia states.
The Jos crisis has broken the north into two- Christian North or middle belt and Sharia North!
So Mister, the Core north is now just 25% of Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by PapaBrowne(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2010
@topic

Why is anybody taking Babangida seriously??

If you understand the power Jonathan wields right now, you'd realize that it is impossible for him to stoop back down and become a Vice President under Babangida. Its impossible.Only a fool would propose such a move!!
Rather, it is Babangida that would become Jonathan's Vice president.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Oooh! That is so history Mister!!

They have less states Mister!. Benue, Taraba, Kogi and Plateau are no longer interested in alinging themselves with Sharia states.
The Jos crisis has broken the north into two- Christian North or middle belt and Sharia North!
So Mister, the Core north is now just 25% of Nigeria. grin grin grin

I think its fair to say the middle belt is the emerging SWING STATES of Nigerian politics.

But it will require a very crafty politician from either the South or Middle belt to achieve this.
As cynical as this may sound, its important to sow this division even further. It is important for credible politics in Nigeria. I think OBJ started this process of sowing this division by always elevating Military heads from minority North.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 20, 2010
PapaBrowne:

@topic

Why is anybody taking Babangida seriously??

If you understand the power Jonathan weilds right now, you'd realize that it is impossible for him to stoop back down and become a Vice President under Babangida. Its impossible.Only a fool would propose such a move!!
Rather, it is Babangida that would become Jonathan's Vice president.

My thoughts exactly, if IBB is too hungry for power he should apply to be Jonathan's VP after which he should be rejected after the vetting process.

IBB is simply un-electable in Nigeria and even IBB knows this. This is why he keeps making ridiculous demands like:

I will only contest if I am a concensus candidate (what then are the elections for?)

Or wanting to contest the election as President with the incumbent acting President as his potential VP. (How ridiculous?)
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Elmos: 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2010
I think this a well plan strategy! Looking at what has been happening in the past few months in our national polity, it is very possible for this two people assume office come 2011 as President and Vice President. I guess this is why Acting president has not be proclaimed substantive President. As it is possible for an active president to either become Substantive President or Substantive Vice President. All we need to do is for Nigeria to produce more credible Duo, and see to it that all election rigging do not see the light of the day come 2011.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2010
created a new name to make that point? elmos?
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Busybody2(f): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2010
IBB has got the "powers that be", the only power that matters, behind him, so you people start warming up to him as your next President.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by snowdrops(m): 9:53pm On Mar 20, 2010
Busy_body:

IBB has got the "powers that be", the only power that matters, behind him, so[b] you people start warming up to him as your next President.[/b]
TUFIAKWA
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Busybody2(f): 10:30pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^^

Okay oh, tanda dia dey look, LOL.

What did you think the recent Hilary Clinton US led delegation came to do in Nigeria, to check Fashola's magnificent out of this world transformation of Lagos State? To check the progress of Tinapa progress? lol.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2010
Busy_body:

^^^

Okay oh, tanda dia dey look, LOL.

What did you think the recent Hilary Clinton US led delegation came to do in Nigeria, to check Fashola's magnificent out of this world transformation of Lagos State? To check the progress of Tinapa progress? lol.

I think u guys should stop this careless name dropping. Dont you find it condescending that America will come to choose our President? Don't you think the Americans will reason we will percieve it this way?

Did you or any of your delegation go to choose Obama for America?
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Busybody2(f): 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
*Scratching my head, looking perplexed and a bit flummoxed* Come again please?

And since when does the US give a fig regarding what any Country thinks? ? ?
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 20, 2010
Nairaland! i never see! una go just carry dey postulate. is it from a reliable source or just hearsays/rumours?
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Busybody2(f): 11:06pm On Mar 20, 2010
^^^
Soon come, the jigsaw has already started falling into place, though it tarries, wait for it, says moi.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by sjeezy8: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2010
hahah lmfao IBB can win in Nigeria- i keep saying that.

When I heard people wanted IBB to comeback I was like HELLL NO- but he is one of the VERY few people that can preside over naija firmly.
If he says true federalism in nigeria- no notherner will oppose him
If he says no sharia that it undermines the constitution- no northerner will oppose him.
He has the respect of the military

He definately has the power to change Nigeria if he wanted to.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by hackney(m): 12:02am On Mar 21, 2010
I will never under-rate IBB in this my life.
Despite everything them no get liver probe that man.

maradona everybody join for 8 yrs, use other people dey do im dirty jobs for office.
That man sha.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by nduchucks: 12:34am On Mar 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

When I heard people wanted IBB to comeback I was like HELLL NO- but he is one of the VERY few people that can preside over naija firmly.
If he says true federalism in nigeria- no notherner will oppose him
If he says no sharia that it undermines the constitution- no northerner will oppose him.
He has the respect of the military

He definately has the power to change Nigeria if he wanted to.

He's been saying the right things about federalism and other important issues lately. Despite the misconceptions, I agree with you that IBB could win a free and fair election in Nigeria. He could carry the NE, NW, SE, and possibly SW; the electorate believes that all our leaders are guilty of corruption and like you, believes IBB can indeed make a positive change in the country.  If he can come across as a repented old man who has nothing to gain from being a President except build a better legacy for himself, voting Nigerians will buy it.

The man enjoys incredible amount of goodwill particularly after his wife died recently. Additionally he is one of the smartest politicians Nigeria ever had.  Let' also remember that he pulled out of the presidential race to alow Yar'Adua to run - I wouldn't rule him out at all.  If he runs, I doubt Jonathan would accept the VP spot.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 21, 2010
How can u even contemplate IBB's return without anger and outrage?
This man put our country back 50years.
Before he took power : ,

*We had a National Airline,

*The Niara and the Pound Sterling were close to parity,

*The average Nigerian was travelling around the world for holidays and shopping trips including to USA and UK.

*The standard of livng was high and school fees were not compulsory.

*There was no 419, Nigerians were respected around the world.

*There was much more security, less kidnapping and robberies.

*Life expectancy was much higher.

He overthrew the Government of General Buhari, who was the only genuine anti-corruption government Nigeria has ever had, whilst the great General had many thieving politicians locked up and was attempting to recover their loot.

He put Nigerians into poverty and mortgaged the future of generations to come.

He embezzled billions of dollars and paved the way for his thieving friend OBJ.

The day that this man and OBJ are imprisoned would be the day Nigeria has a chance of moving forward.

I feel sick at the thought of this man angry

sjeezy8:

Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by redsun(m): 1:06am On Mar 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^ Why not? If America supports IBB 80% of Nigerians would forget his past.

and if there are two northerners as candidates- people would probably vote IBB as they did Obasanjo-when both candidates were from the SW.

So IBB will probably be president.

Of course that is why nigeria is a rogue state,a country where known felons and saboteurs are elected into office.Like i said only people with broken spirit can contemplate or allow such an abomination to take place.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 21, 2010
Thank u!! very well said!
redsun:

Of course that is why nigeria is a rogue state,a country where known felons and saboteurs are elected into office.Like i said only people with broken spirit can contemplate or allow such an abomination to take place.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by redsun(m): 1:25am On Mar 21, 2010
I will rather die than bow to retarded criminals.The only thing worthy of respect is good.

It is time young nigerians take their destinies in their hand and chart the course instead relying on old washed out criminals like babies cry mothers breast milk.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by redsun(m): 1:27am On Mar 21, 2010
GenBuhari:

Thank u!! very well said!

You are welcome man,it is our lives these people are toying as if we are programmed robots
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 21, 2010
What has IBB done about the illegal practice of Sharia in his State Niger State?

Lets Judge people on the records not speculations of what they may do.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 21, 2010
GenBuhari:

How can u even contemplate IBB's return without anger and outrage?
This man put our country back 50years.
Before he took power : ,

*We had a National Airline,

*The Niara and the Pound Sterling were close to parity,

*The average Nigerian was travelling around the world for holidays and shopping trips including to USA and UK.

*The standard of livng was high and school fees were not compulsory.

*There was no 419, Nigerians were respected around the world.

*There was much more security, less kidnapping and robberies.

*Life expectancy was much higher.

He overthrew the Government of General Buhari, who was the only genuine anti-corruption government Nigeria has ever had, whilst the great General had many thieving politicians locked up and was attempting to recover their loot.

He put Nigerians into poverty and mortgaged the future of generations to come.

He embezzled billions of dollars and paved the way for his thieving friend OBJ.

The day that this man and OBJ are imprisoned would be the day Nigeria has a chance of moving forward.

I feel sick at the thought of this man angry

I dont think you have any clue what anti-corruption means.

Buhari truncated democracy and should have no business asking to be voted for. If the Current Generals we have now are as indiciplined as Buhari, Buhari will not even get a chance to stand elections as coups will be the only means to power.
Re: Ibrahim I Babangida /goodluck E Jonathan 2011 How Serious Are They? by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 21, 2010
Believe it or not I will vote IBB before Buhari.

However I believe that our country deserves better than folks like this at this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 11 In Aba, Nnewi, P’harcourt, Bizman, 2 Women Abducted / What We Must Not Forget About Buhari / Army Deploys Us-trained Nigerian Commandos In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.