Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . (1614 Views)

Which Is Better:helping A Beggar Or Giving Tithe In A Tight Situation / Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 6:18am On Nov 09, 2017
Malachi 3:8
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee?
In tithes and offerings.

Why is there so much attack on the tithe . What about giving offerings? . God didn't say they robbed him in tithes only but also in the offering.

If the anti tithers whom the enemy is trying to use are only against tithes but not against giving offering and other tenets mentioned in the law. It's pure hypocrisy . Offering was under the law . Prayer was under the law. Alms giving was under the law. Honoring your father and mother was under the law .
The more he singles out just the tithe the more Christians will tithe because it's very obvious there's something so special about the tithe .

So if you say it's better to give the money as alms to the poor . That was still under the law. We give tithe and offerings and alms etc not because the law say so . They are principles in the kingdom of God ever before the law came .

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Gombs(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2017
Exactly my view

I mean, this tithe issue got a huge attention this past month.. And people's response are wonderful.

Some of my friends said tithing should never be talked against some were ready to give, more than 10% - 100%

They will Come now and say it's collections and not offerings because malachi was talking about burnt offering grin
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by deflover(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2017
Look no one will come for the pastors if they lived modest lives.
If they don't show off money while thier members are hungry.
The issues with this banter is many like you are not seeing that the act is not on tithe but the life styles of suppose Christian leaders
You accused the pope of gluttony and the birth of Protestant was formed
Yet same leaders now act the same way the roman Catholic church was accused
Yes you tithe
Yes you give
No one is asking you not to
But deep down your heart you care what the money is used for that's why you stated for the work of the ministry.
So if its for the work of ministry
Why are pastors splashing us with private jet and all to show off
There is nothing wrong with the toys of life
But its wickedness when your members are not doing so well but all you care about is to show off from the little they give for the work
Yes they will say the pastors are rich already
They are into big businesses
Apostle Paul said
You can eat food sacrificed to idols but be careful that the next person doesn't loose thier faith cos of your actions.
Let our pastors be modest
The tithe is not the issue here but the way they live

2 Likes

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Nov 09, 2017
deflover:
The issues with this banter is many like you are not seeing that the act is not on tithe but the life styles of suppose Christian leaders
Yes you tithe
Yes you give
But deep down your heart you care what the money is used for that's why you stated for the work of the ministry.
But its wickedness when your members are not doing so well but all you care about is to show off from the little they give for the work
Apostle Paul said
You can eat food sacrificed to idols but be careful that the next person doesn't loose thier faith cos of your actions.

So, your problem is that Pastor's are immodest, suggesting they flex with tithe monies, abi?

Ok. But do you know that even if pastors are dead broke, you'd still complain about Tithing?

Meanwhile, tithes DOES NOT go to the pastor's pockets. I wonder who lied to y'all this severely
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Samsimple(m): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2017
OFFERING is just like buy purewater you try.
TITHE is just like take part of my salary to buy jet

offering is used mostly to beautify and pay other expenses in the church like rent, nepa bills, wages for workers and so on.. But tithe let me not go into details

lalasticlala this front page material oohh

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2017
deflover:

That's what Satan wants people to believe .there no such thing . It's internet propaganda. It's still the pastors who are helping the poor and needy. Are you not seeing what Tbs Joshua and others are doing? . If any pastor live big that's his business like any other Christian . He answers to God.

Yes you tithe
Yes you give

You've not been online of late I believe

Pastors weatlth is not from tithe . The money of the church doesn't belong to the pastor .

Pastor money comes from gift and personal business . The money of redeem is not Adeboye property. Oyedepo has chains of business . Propaganda says they use tithe to build school . It's not true . The school is an institution on its own financed by banks and foreign partners which has to be paid back. All these are satanic propaganda against the church

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sophiap: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2017
@petra1, the truth is, the devil has always wanted what belongs to God. All of the other givings talked about in the Bible are freewill givings except the Tithes and First Fruit. We were instructed by God to PAY our TITHES, not GIVE your TITHE. God said the FIRST FRUIT IS MINE AND BELONGS TO ME, not GIVE your FIRST!
Throughout the Bible the devil has always come after what belongs to God, to take it or destroy it. Examples are Cain, Esau, the Israelites been held captive by Pharaoh in Egypt, Jacob's first son Rueben, etc.

So it's not strange that devil at this time is coming against TITHING amongst the Church. All he wants is to get what belongs to God. But what's saddening is that Christians who don't have knowledge are falling prey to him and his wiles. The Bible says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Not because God will destroy them 'NO' but their ignorance open them up for the devil to have access to them and destroy them.

Because whether you pay your tithe to God or not, you will still pay it anyway because the devourer which is the devil will come in and take much more away. That's when you find yourself falling into debt unnecessarily, paying hospital bills unnecessarily, accidents, thefts, etc. Especially if you're a Christian. The truth is, the tithe will still be spent anyways, either on food, bills, clothings etc. But the devils target is, it is God's so, it must not get to him.

I just feel so sorry for Christians who allow themselves to be used as weapons in the hand of the devil instead of being God's battle axe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 7:13am On Nov 09, 2017
Samsimple:

It's about the principle not the amount besides tithes is one of our smallest giving in church . People give cars and lands to God as offerings So tithe is not the biggest

2 Likes

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sophiap: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2017
deflover:
Yes you tithe
Yes you give
Apostle Paul said

Would have preferred if the Pastors where walking the streets in rags, going to houses of members to beg for food to eat, and be dependent on government and politicians to preach the gospel all around the world?

That's not the life Jesus Christ died for! My God is not a poor God, so why should he allow those who take is goodnews everywhere, reaching the ends of the earth wallow in poverty? No! That's not the God I serve. The God I serve picks a man from the dung Hill and set him amongst kings. He is a king maker. He said he Briings the poor out of the dung hill. A cattle upon a thousand hills his His. What is a JET that he can't give to a son that is proclaiming his name to give him more access to nations.

What most Christian fail to understand is that God is the provider, not the tithe of the congregation. Have you ever been there to count the tithe and know how much it is to even to know if it will be enough to buy a jet.
If the Tithes are enough to buy a jet then the Pastor is a pastor of rich folks not the poor. How much tithe can the 'poor' in quote, because no Christian is poor. How much that give as tithe in how many years before the pastor can buy a jet? If that's what he is dependent on.

The Pastor himself has to walk in faith to carry out the assignment God has given to him. He has to believe that for every assignment there is a consignment. So, it's for him to know what has God promised me in this work, study the word, believe it for himself, act accordingly, receive all that God has said is his and produce the result God has sent him to produce.

So, don't go blazing against Pastors and how they live large because you're not the one that called them, God did and he is wealthy enough to provide for all they require for the journey. Not with your tithe.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
deflover:
Yes you tithe
Yes you give
Apostle Paul said
Then if it's not an issue why are many Christians bother about it? Yes many preachers do squander but God has a way of paying them in full. The scripture say "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." Those preachers will pay dearly for it in due time. As for the roman Catholic church, please don't exonerate it because there are many parishes I have visited were' offerings and tithes are diverted. A thief is a thief.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by iboboyswag(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
petra1:

That's what Satan wants people to believe .there no such thing . It's internet propaganda. It's still the pastors who are helping the poor and needy. Are you not seeing what Tbs Joshua and others are doing? . If any pastor live big that's his business like any other Christian . He answers to God.

You've not been online of late I believe

Pastors weatlth is not from tithe . The money of the church doesn't belong to the pastor .

Pastor money comes from gift and personal business . The money of redeem is not Adeboye property. Oyedepo has chains of business . Propaganda says they use tithe to build school . It's not true . The school is an institution on its own financed by banks and foreign partners which has to be paid back. All these are satanic propaganda against the church

Madam/Oga I beg to disagree on all counts!

The tithes and offerings are used by the church and by direct effect the pastor. Most pastors with the exception of a few have their ministries as private businesses. They are sole signatories or major signatories to all the church accounts and they have absolute authority over the affairs of that ministry. There is no check and balance and nobody is going to vet what he or she does with the church money(the tithes inclusive).

The manner most pastors run their business stinks to the high heavens, it negates the foundation of every teaching of Jesus, Paul and the other apostles. The leadership of the Christian faith in Nigeria, now competes with hiphop artist on who wears the most blinks and who can splurge the most money on vanities and because they see themselves as demi-gods, not to be questioned or queried by "lesser men", they are quick to attribute and divert all concerns and questions to being faithless, possessed by the devil, enemy of the church or end time apostles etc.

To further enlighten you, the challenge is not just in the way the tithe is used but also in the way it is clamoured for. We have pastors threatening fire and brimstone to their congregants, using the false doctrine you posted up there( Malachi 3:cool to deceive and to cause deceit. Point of correction, that verse you and all the tithe seeking pastorprenuers are quick to quote was not referring to the people but the keepers of the temple themselves.

Like it is now commonly said, read your bible, it doesn't bite!

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2017
petra1:

In tithes and offerings.

Why is there so much attack on the tithe . What about giving offerings? . God didn't say they robbed him in tithes only but also in the offering.

If the anti tithers whom the enemy is trying to use are only against tithes but not against giving offering and other tenets mentioned in the law. It's pure hypocrisy . Offering was under the law . Prayer was under the law. Alms giving was under the law. Honoring your father and mother was under the law .
The more he singles out just the tithe the more Christians will tithe because it's very obvious there's something so special about the tithe .

So if you say it's better to give the money as alms to the poor . That was still under the law. We give tithe and offerings and alms etc not because the law say so . They are principles in the kingdom of God ever before the law came .

That's what Lucifer and his agents are doing to lure men to hell. They pick one aspect to deceive many thinking they're helping humanity. They forget that there's a way that seemeth right to man but the end is destruction. Lucifer knows the Bible too well that's why am not surprised at his agent working tirelessly. They roaming about from one thread to another to devour men
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by iboboyswag(m): 7:58am On Nov 09, 2017
sophiap:

Would have preferred if the Pastors where walking the streets in rags, going to houses of members to beg for food to eat, and be dependent on government and politicians to preach the gospel all around the world?

That's not the life Jesus Christ died for! My God is not a poor God, so why should he allow those who take is goodnews everywhere, reaching the ends of the earth wallow in poverty? No! That's not the God I serve. The God I serve picks a man from the dung Hill and set him amongst kings. He is a king maker. He said he Briings the poor out of the dung hill. A cattle upon a thousand hills his His. What is a JET that he can't give to a son that is proclaiming his name to give him more access to nations.

What most Christian fail to understand is that God is the provider, not the tithe of the congregation. Have you ever been there to count the tithe and know how much it is to even to know if it will be enough to buy a jet.
If the Tithes are enough to buy a jet then the Pastor is a pastor of rich folks not the poor. How much tithe can the 'poor' in quote, because no Christian is poor. How much that give as tithe in how many years before the pastor can buy a jet? If that's what he is dependent on.

The Pastor himself has to walk in faith to carry out the assignment God has given to him. He has to believe that for every assignment there is a consignment. So, it's for him to know what has God promised me in this work, study the word, believe it for himself, act accordingly, receive all that God has said is his and produce the result God has sent him to produce.

So, don't go blazing against Pastors and how they live large because you're not the one that called them, God did and he is wealthy enough to provide for all they require for the journey. Not with your tithe.

If not with the tithes and offerings, then with what? Manna from heaven?

Madam, Christianity does not equal gullibility!

There is no way to validate the calling of anybody just as there is no way to validate any supposed promise. The truth here is, if any church will take the bold step to publish its account, you will be marveled that, that your 100naira (Thats if you put up to 100naira) is a major contribution to the purchase of that private jet.

A wise man once said, the easiest way to make $1,000,000 is to get 1,000,000 people give you one dollar each!
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Gombs(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2017
Samsimple:

offering is used mostly to beautify and pay other expenses in the church like rent, nepa bills, wages for workers and so on.. But tithe let me not go into details

lalasticlala this front page material oohh

Who lied to you?

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Gombs(m): 8:35am On Nov 09, 2017
iboboyswag:

The tithes and offerings are used by the church and by direct effect the pastor. Most pastors with the exception of a few have their ministries as private businesses. They are sole signatories or major signatories to all the church accounts and they have absolute authority over the affairs of that ministry. There is no check and balance and nobody is going to vet what he or she does with the church money(the tithes inclusive).

The manner most pastors run their business stinks to the high heavens, it negates the foundation of every teaching of Jesus, Paul and the other apostles. The leadership of the Christian faith in Nigeria, now competes with hiphop artist on who wears the most blinks and who can splurge the most money on vanities and because they see themselves as demi-gods, not to be questioned or queried by "lesser men", they are quick to attribute and divert all concerns and questions to being faithless, possessed by the devil, enemy of the church or end time apostles etc.

To further enlighten you, the challenge is not just in the way the tithe is used but also in the way it is clamoured for. We have pastors threatening fire and brimstone to their congregants, using the false doctrine you posted up there( Malachi 3:cool to deceive and to cause deceit. Point of correction, that verse you and all the tithe seeking pastorprenuers are quick to quote was not referring to the people but the keepers of the temple themselves.

Like it is now commonly said, read your bible, it doesn't bite!

You whine and complain about TITHING, meanwhile people are pumping billions of dollars into TERRORISM . Who has bewitched you
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sophiap: 8:44am On Nov 09, 2017
iboboyswag:

If not with the tithes and offerings, then with what? Manna from heaven?

Madam, Christianity does not equal gullibility!

There is no way to validate the calling of anybody just as there is no way to validate any supposed promise. The truth here is, if any church will take the bold step to publish its account, you will be marveled that, that your 100naira (Thats if you put up to 100naira) is a major contribution to the purchase of that private jet.

A wise man once said, the easiest way to make $1,000,000 is to get 1,000,000 people give you one dollar each!

So since you stopped giving your Tithes and offerings, has the Pastor starved to death or walloped around in poverty? No! So please keep yours and build your empire with it.

But every of my giving Wether 10, 100, 1,000 or 1 million is my giving to God and not man, so I won't stop giving to my God who so graciously gave me his all first. He only asked for 10% and left 90% to you, yet you're still so selfish and self centred and still arguing why you should give it, hiding behind the mask of some Pastors are living large with your tithe. What's your tithe compared to the fresh air you breathe everyday freely. Do you even know how much people pay for oxygen in the hospitals just for an hour or a day? Go and ask the hospital owners why patients have to pay for the oxygen when God has given freely to every man.

God and ask the rich folk who do not know God and wallowing in stroke or one medical condition, he will gladly give all his wealth to enjoy one minute of health you have, and yet as a Christian living in health you're fighting Pastors for Tithes. Wait until the devourer struck then you will value what you don't have anymore. Keep your tithe and offering don't give to the pastor so he won't live large. And for your information, the tithe is not for the Pastor but for God, he is only chosen as a priest in the administration of it.

2 Likes

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by iboboyswag(m): 10:25am On Nov 09, 2017
sophiap:

So since you stopped giving your Tithes and offerings, has the Pastor starved to death or walloped around in poverty? No! So please keep yours and build your empire with it.

But every of my giving Wether 10, 100, 1,000 or 1 million is my giving to God and not man, so I won't stop giving to my God who so graciously gave me his all first. He only asked for 10% and left 90% to you, yet you're still so selfish and self centred and still arguing why you should give it, hiding behind the mask of some Pastors are living large with your tithe. What's your tithe compared to the fresh air you breathe everyday freely. Do you even know how much people pay for oxygen in the hospitals just for an hour or a day? Go and ask the hospital owners why patients have to pay for the oxygen when God has given freely to every man.

God and ask the rich folk who do not know God and wallowing in stroke or one medical condition, he will gladly give all his wealth to enjoy one minute of health you have, and yet as a Christian living in health you're fighting Pastors for Tithes. Wait until the devourer struck then you will value what you don't have anymore. Keep your tithe and offering don't give to the pastor so he won't live large. And for your information, the tithe is not for the Pastor but for God, he is only chosen as a priest in the administration of it.

I will continue to hide behind my mask while gullibility runs rogue.

Your pastor still feeds fat and being a pastor will continue to be the calling of most never-do-wells because gullible folks will still run to them at the cry of eternal damnation and they will be willing to exchange their money for the life saving elixir that the so called pastor seem to possess - the seemingly unseeable anointing and the fraudulent charge of disobeying God if you go against their wish - As a demigod that they are na!

They prey on one innate need of man, the yearning for a higher being but what they do not tell you is that we all are called to come as one..... None is more special nor more deserving.

Modified

There are millions who worship Sango and have lived very beautiful, healthy and purposeful lives. Good health is not a direct impact of the worship or tithing to the christian God.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by iboboyswag(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2017
Gombs:

You whine and complain about TITHING, meanwhile people are pumping billions of dollars into TERRORISM . Who has bewitched you

Same thing I said earlier. Your comfort zone is in labelling the other a witch or demon possessed but you fail to use the small but very powerful tool given freely to you which your Papa, daddy GO and all the others in between seek to control.... No, you let them help you think!

SMH!

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2017
iboboyswag:

The tithes and offerings are used by the church and by direct effect the pastor. Most pastors with the exception of a few have their ministries as private businesses. They are sole signatories or major signatories to all the church accounts and they have absolute authority over the affairs of that ministry. There is no check and balance and nobody is going to vet what he or she does with the church money(the tithes inclusive

If the government missuse our taxes . Does it make taxation wrong ?
These are 2 different issues for any reason a pastor misuse church funds that’s his personal issue . But a real pastor can’t do that . It’s based on suspicion or assumption . Is it a deeper life Pastir or redeem pastor that will dip hand into church account ? It’s not possible . There are structures which check against such

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sonofluc1fer: 11:05am On Nov 09, 2017
sophiap:
@petra1, the truth is, the devil has always wanted what belongs to God.
Exactly. Pay your tithe to God, not Man of God.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by iboboyswag(m): 11:17am On Nov 09, 2017
petra1:

If the government missuse our taxes . Does it make taxation wrong ?
These are 2 different issues

True they are different but what is not true is the correlation of the church with government.

Government can be removed, arrested, probed, tagged thevies and bundled out of office but your pastor can't. Infact the sheer thought of questioning his actions will be met with cries of demon and deliverance!

We have made them gods, above reproach. Only a few still have their sense of self, sense of the carnality and vanity of this world and by their fruits we know them.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
iboboyswag:

True they are different but what is not true is the correlation of the church with government.

It's the institution we should look at . If taxation cannot be condemn because a government misuse money , tithing should not be condemn just because a pastor live big. Secondarily. Pastors don't live by tithe . Pastors have their jobs they only do volunteer service . The church money does not belong to pastors. A pastor may receive a car as gift that doesn't mean its church tithe .
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by MuttleyLaff: 12:03am On Nov 11, 2017
petra1:

In tithes and offerings.

Why is there so much attack on the tithe
What you perceive as "so much attack on the tithe" actually is "so much enlightening on tithe" on the tithe

petra1:
What about giving offerings?
What about giving offerings?
Deuteronomy 12:6, below is a scripture, you should in conjunction with the tithes and offerrings in Malachi 3:8, know about.

petra1:
God didn't say they robbed him in tithes only but also in the offering
There you will bring your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes,
your sacred offerings, your offerings to fulfill a vow, your voluntary offerings,
and your offerings of the firstborn animals of your herds and flocks.

- Deuteronomy 12:6

Yes, it's true that God didn't say they robbed him in tithes only but also in the offering
The offerings mentioned in Malachi 3:8 were of the burnt offerings, heave offerings etcetera kind similar to Deuteronomy 12:6 above

petra1:
If the anti tithers whom the enemy is trying to use are only against tithes
but not against giving offering and other tenets mentioned in the law
Your "anti tithers" choice of term is not only misleading
but also is an inaccurate designation
You rather they be silent or neutral in today's Luke 11:42 situations of injustice, unfairness and life devoid of the love of God?

petra1:
It's pure hypocrisy.
Offering was under the law. Prayer was under the law. Alms giving was under the law.
Honoring your father and mother was under the law.
The more he singles out just the tithe the more Christians will tithe
That is his ministry.
To free the sheeple from the imprisoning shackles of religion and tradition
Of course, the more Christians will tithe because of covetousness and greed
I can vouch believers already know the truth and so dont tithe

petra1:
because it's very obvious there's something so special about the tithe
If it is very obvious there's something so special about the tithe,
then is it inconceivable that, there is another, a higher and better principle that obviously has something so more special about it than tithe does?

petra1:
So if you say it's better to give the money as alms to the poor.
That was still under the law.
We give tithe and offerings and alms etc not because the law say so.
They are principles in the kingdom of God ever before the law came
What are the other principles in the kingdom of God ever before the law came that are better than tithe?

Tithe or tithing, a covetousness nostalgia, in light of a better principle, became redundant and absolutely unnecessary 2,000 years ago

3 Likes

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by MuttleyLaff: 12:03am On Nov 11, 2017
Gombs:
Exactly my view
I mean, this tithe issue got a huge attention this past month.. And people's response are wonderful.
Some of my friends said tithing should never be talked against some were ready to give, more than 10% - 100%
Tithing is overrated

Gombs:
They will Come now and say it's collections and not offerings because malachi was talking about burnt offering grin
Was Malachi not talking about burnt offering then?

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Goshen360(m): 12:30am On Nov 11, 2017
petra1:

In tithes and offerings.

Good you brought this up....let the Giants go head to head in this thread....I mean, let's go into the word.

The scripture NEVER called what people donate or contribute or give during worship service "OFFERINGS" in disguise to deceive the people of God.

What OFFERINGS mean in the bible UP TO MALACHI isn't donations in the religious gatherings, that's common sense because there wasn't church then. What OFFERINGS meant up to malachi 3 are sin offerings, guilt offerings etc...

And to shoot yourself in the leg, Hebrews clearly nullified offerings too just as he nullified tithes. We can go into the word and debate this....
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Goshen360(m): 12:37am On Nov 11, 2017
Gombs:

You don't have to be funny or sarcastic...just proof with consistent scriptures that the OFFERINGS mentioned in Malachi 3vs8 is talking about something else the Jewish people don't understand or had not been commanded in the past. You act like that word is foreign to the Jewish people and just jump into that verse?

[s]You gonna learn something in this thread my friend [/s]
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 4:42am On Nov 11, 2017
Goshen360:

Good you brought this up....let the Giants go head to head in this thread....I mean, let's go into the word.

The scripture NEVER called what people donate or contribute or give during worship service "OFFERINGS" in disguise to deceive the people of God.

What OFFERINGS mean in the bible UP TO MALACHI isn't donations in the religious gatherings, that's common sense because there wasn't church then. What OFFERINGS meant up to malachi 3 are sin offerings, guilt offerings etc...

Whatever you give in the church of God is an offering as long as there’s a God in heaven the principle remain . Even in the world to come .

Luke 21:4
4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

Acts 24:17
17 Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by MuttleyLaff: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2017
Goshen360:
Good you brought this up....
let the Giants go head to head in this thread....I mean, let's go into the word.

What OFFERINGS mean in the bible UP TO MALACHI isn't donations in the religious gatherings,
that's common sense because there wasn't church then. What OFFERINGS meant up to malachi 3 are sin offerings, guilt offerings etc...

And to shoot yourself in the leg, Hebrews clearly nullified offerings too just as he nullified tithes.
We can go into the word and debate this....

petra1:
Whatever you give in the church of God is an offering
as long as there’s a God in heaven the principle remain. Even in the world to come
My dear fellow sire, we ought to tell each other the truth and not to get matters twisted
You're absolutely incorrect and 110% wrong to say that, what you give in the "church of God" is an offering
Whatever you give in the church of God,
especially if, of money, is contribution, alms, donation, gift, present, widow's mite, charity
etcetera

petra1:
Luke 21:4
4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.
The original word used subsituted with offerings is the greek word "Dora"
and "dora" means gift
That gift mentioned in Luke 21:4, is the free nature kind of the gift.
It is giving something "uncaused"
The giving in Luke 21:4, is/was not coerced, is not given nor obtained by using force or threats of curse
The gift mentioned in Luke 21:4, is the giving that is without premeditation, without pulpit inducement and without exploiting stimulus

petra1:
Acts 24:17
17 Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings
13‘Now this is the law of the Nazirite when the days of his separation are fulfilled, he shall bring the offering to the doorway of the tent of meeting.
14‘He shall present his offering to the LORD: one male lamb a year old without defect for a burnt offering and one ewe-lamb a year old without defect for a sin offering and one ram without defect for a peace offering,
15and a basket of unleavened cakes of fine flour mixed with oil and unleavened wafers spread with oil, along with their grain offering and their drink offering.
16‘Then the priest shall present them before the LORD and shall offer his sin offering and his burnt offering.
17‘He shall also offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD, together with the basket of unleavened cakes; the priest shall likewise offer its grain offering and its drink offering.
18‘The Nazirite shall then shave his dedicated head of hair at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and take the dedicated hair of his head and put it on the fire which is under the sacrifice of peace offerings.
19‘The priest shall take the ram’s shoulder when it has been boiled, and one unleavened cake out of the basket and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazirite after he has shaved his dedicated hair.
20‘Then the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD. It is holy for the priest, together with the breast offered by waving and the thigh offered by lifting up; and afterward the Nazirite may drink wine.’

- Numbers 6:13-20

Paul stayed in Corinth for some time after that, then said good-bye to the brothers and sisters and went to nearby Cenchrea.
There he shaved his head according to Jewish custom, marking the end of a vow.
Then he set sail for Syria, taking Priscilla and Aquila with him.

- Acts 18:18

You should have remembered that Paul, in Acts 24:17, was narrating an event that earlier happened, way back in Acts 18:18

The bible is explicit in what Paul brought and seems to be expressing a distinction between ALMS and OFFERING
The bible in Acts 24:17, made it clear Paul that brought two things, ALMS (i.e. a donation to the poor)
& OFFERING (i.e. Numbers 6:13-20, Acts 18:18 as in Nazarite vow offering)

It is a folly, incorrect nd totally out of order, to try say that, in Acts 24:17, Paul offerred money for a Nazarite vow
No one in biblical history offers money for fulfiling Nazarite vows.
The offerings are animal sacrifices, as per Numbers 6:13-20 guidance, never money or anything to do with giving money brother

If really whatever you give in the church of God is an offering, why then is Acts 24:17 making a distinction between ALMS and OFFERING?

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Emusan(m): 11:14am On Nov 11, 2017
deflover:

Then is it about living a modest life or about doing the God's will?

People who have been attacking the issue of Tithe never claimed they are doing so because the way some so called man of God spent it but claiming it's not biblical.

So the issues here are of different types.
Carry your campaign against how pastors do about the affairs of church money is different from using the avenue of tithe to destroy God's word.

The funny part of it is that, most people on NL who are cheering Daddy Freeze are ATHEISTS, why Christian can't see where the problem lies?
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Student125(m): 11:27am On Nov 11, 2017
Trying every means to justify tithe shows how deluded you are. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Emusan:

So the issues here are of different types.
Carry your campaign against how pastors do about the affairs of church money is different from using the avenue of tithe to destroy God's word.

The funny part of it is that, most people on NL who are cheering Daddy Freeze are ATHEISTS, why Christian can't see where the problem lies?

True

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Confused? / Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches / Have Mercy On Me O Lord.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.