Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . (1647 Views)

Which Is Better:helping A Beggar Or Giving Tithe In A Tight Situation / Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

My dear fellow sire, we ought to tell each other the truth and not to get matters twisted
You're absolutely incorrect and 110% wrong to say that, what you give in the "church of God" is an offering
Whatever you give in the church of God,
especially if, of money, is contribution, alms, donation, gift, present, widow's mite, charity
etcetera

The original word used subsituted with offerings is the greek word "Dora"
and "dora" means gift
That gift mentioned in Luke 21:4, is the free nature kind of the gift.
It is giving something "uncaused"
The giving in Luke 21:4, is/was not coerced, is not given nor obtained by using force or threats of curse
The gift mentioned in Luke 21:4, is the giving that is without premeditation, without pulpit inducement and without exploiting stimulus

13‘Now this is the law of the Nazirite when the days of his separation are fulfilled, he shall bring the offering to the doorway of the tent of meeting.
14‘He shall present his offering to the LORD: one male lamb a year old without defect for a burnt offering and one ewe-lamb a year old without defect for a sin offering and one ram without defect for a peace offering,
15and a basket of unleavened cakes of fine flour mixed with oil and unleavened wafers spread with oil, along with their grain offering and their drink offering.
16‘Then the priest shall present them before the LORD and shall offer his sin offering and his burnt offering.
17‘He shall also offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD, together with the basket of unleavened cakes; the priest shall likewise offer its grain offering and its drink offering.
18‘The Nazirite shall then shave his dedicated head of hair at the doorway of the tent of meeting, and take the dedicated hair of his head and put it on the fire which is under the sacrifice of peace offerings.
19‘The priest shall take the ram’s shoulder when it has been boiled, and one unleavened cake out of the basket and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them on the hands of the Nazirite after he has shaved his dedicated hair.
20‘Then the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD. It is holy for the priest, together with the breast offered by waving and the thigh offered by lifting up; and afterward the Nazirite may drink wine.’

- Numbers 6:13-20

Paul stayed in Corinth for some time after that, then said good-bye to the brothers and sisters and went to nearby Cenchrea.
There he shaved his head according to Jewish custom, marking the end of a vow.
Then he set sail for Syria, taking Priscilla and Aquila with him.

- Acts 18:18

You should have remembered that Paul, in Acts 24:17, was narrating an event that earlier happened, way back in Acts 18:18

The bible is explicit in what Paul brought and seems to be expressing a distinction between ALMS and OFFERING
The bible in Acts 24:17, made it clear Paul that brought two things, ALMS (i.e. a donation to the poor)
& OFFERING (i.e. Numbers 6:13-20, Acts 18:18 as in Nazarite vow offering)

It is a folly, incorrect nd totally out of order, to try say that, in Acts 24:17, Paul offerred money for a Nazarite vow
No one in biblical history offers money for fulfiling Nazarite vows.
The offerings are animal sacrifices, as per Numbers 6:13-20 guidance, never money or anything to do with giving money brother

If really whatever you give in the church of God is an offering, why then is Acts 24:17 making a distinction between ALMS and OFFERING?

Let's not twist it sir. What ever we give in service of God or to God is an offering even a sacrifice . The principle remain constant

Philippians 4:18 (ESV)
I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Goshen360(m): 10:30am On Nov 14, 2017
petra1:

Let's not twist it sir. What ever we give in service of God or to God is an offering even a sacrifice . The principle remain constant

Philippians 4:18 (ESV)
I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God.

Am I the only one seeing through manipulation in scripture quoted above?

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Gombs(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2017
Goshen360:

Am I the only one seeing through manipulation in scripture quoted above?

grin grin grin

Attack the message not the messenger.

Change tactics na cheesy
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 5:04am On Nov 15, 2017
Gombs:

Attack the message not the messenger.

Change tactics na cheesy

Satan has no new style . When they run out of ideas they go into personal attack’s .

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 15, 2017
deflover:
Look no one will come for the pastors if they lived modest lives.
If they don't show off money while thier members are hungry.
The issues with this banter is many like you are not seeing that the act is not on tithe but the life styles of suppose Christian leaders
You accused the pope of gluttony and the birth of Protestant was formed
Yet same leaders now act the same way the roman Catholic church was accused
Yes you tithe
Yes you give
No one is asking you not to
But deep down your heart you care what the money is used for that's why you stated for the work of the ministry.
So if its for the work of ministry
Why are pastors splashing us with private jet and all to show off
There is nothing wrong with the toys of life
But its wickedness when your members are not doing so well but all you care about is to show off from the little they give for the work
Yes they will say the pastors are rich already
They are into big businesses
Apostle Paul said
You can eat food sacrificed to idols but be careful that the next person doesn't loose thier faith cos of your actions.
Let our pastors be modest
The tithe is not the issue here but the way they live
Then why don't they ask for accountability of how tithes are used instead of misquoting scriptures? Have they not read their Bible on perilous times?
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 15, 2017
Samsimple:
OFFERING is just like buy purewater you try.
TITHE is just like take part of my salary to buy jet

offering is used mostly to beautify and pay other expenses in the church like rent, nepa bills, wages for workers and so on.. But tithe let me not go into details

lalasticlala this front page material oohh
He said since we advocate we shouldn't pay tithe then offerings shouldn't be paid either. In fact no offering should be made be it to give alms to the poor, support ministry or whatsoever.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 15, 2017
sophiap:
@petra1, the truth is, the devil has always wanted what belongs to God. All of the other givings talked about in the Bible are freewill givings except the Tithes and First Fruit. We were instructed by God to PAY our TITHES, not GIVE your TITHE. God said the FIRST FRUIT IS MINE AND BELONGS TO ME, not GIVE your FIRST!
Throughout the Bible the devil has always come after what belongs to God, to take it or destroy it. Examples are Cain, Esau, the Israelites been held captive by Pharaoh in Egypt, Jacob's first son Rueben, etc.

So it's not strange that devil at this time is coming against TITHING amongst the Church. All he wants is to get what belongs to God. But what's saddening is that Christians who don't have knowledge are falling prey to him and his wiles. The Bible says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." Not because God will destroy them 'NO' but their ignorance open them up for the devil to have access to them and destroy them.

Because whether you pay your tithe to God or not, you will still pay it anyway because the devourer which is the devil will come in and take much more away. That's when you find yourself falling into debt unnecessarily, paying hospital bills unnecessarily, accidents, thefts, etc. Especially if you're a Christian. The truth is, the tithe will still be spent anyways, either on food, bills, clothings etc. But the devils target is, it is God's so, it must not get to him.

I just feel so sorry for Christians who allow themselves to be used as weapons in the hand of the devil instead of being God's battle axe.
You just said it all. At times I wonder why would they single out tithe of all the money given in Church. Many Christians are falling for Satan's trap and will fall when he release plan b.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Goshen360(m): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Y'all can smile all day long. I'll come and expose y'all when I have the time to write extensively and do justice to this offering topic too and I'll leave the rest to the audience to judge for themselves.

1 Like

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2017
Goshen360:
Y'all can smile all day long. I'll come and expose y'all when I have the time to write extensively and do justice to this offering topic too and I'll leave the rest to the audience to judge for themselves tongue.

Smile keh? We are shaking . tongue
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 4:31am On Nov 22, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You just said it all. At times I wonder why would they single out tithe of all the money given in Church.

That’s what we are talking about .All their reasons don’t make biblical sense . For example If they say Levite are to collect tithes . Were Levites not collecting offerings too?

Many Christians are falling for Satan's trap and will fall when he release plan b.

It’s called gradualism . Thanks
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 22, 2017
petra1:

That’s what we are talking about .All their reasons don’t make biblical sense . For example If they say Levite are to collect tithes . Were Levites not collecting offerings too?

It’s called gradualism . Thanks
I wonder oh
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by cozyfbaby: 7:29am On Nov 22, 2017
Meet COZA pastor who preach on sunday with gucci hoodie worth $1280

COZAs Senior Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo is a well known pastor, Who always appeared at the church with his swaggaliscious attire and last sunday he was pictured again with his best and this time gucci

Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
how do you know its worth ? if its worth that much it must have come as gift. just like the expensive alabaster GUCCI perfume that was poured on christ
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by petra1(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2017
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sophiap: 9:03am On Dec 19, 2017
asuustrike2009:

You just said it all. At times I wonder why would they single out tithe of all the money given in Church. Many Christians are falling for Satan's trap and will fall when he release plan b.

That shows the insincerity of those who don't give tithe.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sophiap: 9:06am On Dec 19, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Exactly. Pay your tithe to God, not Man of God.

I pay my tithe to God . Not to man of God. I dropped it in the offering bag.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sophiap: 9:09am On Dec 19, 2017
iboboyswag:

If not with the tithes and offerings, then with what? Manna from heaven?

Madam, Christianity does not equal gullibility!

There is no way to validate the calling of anybody just as there is no way to validate any supposed promise. The truth here is, if any church will take the bold step to publish its account, you will be marveled that, that your 100naira (Thats if you put up to 100naira) is a major contribution to the purchase of that private jet.

A wise man once said, the easiest way to make $1,000,000 is to get 1,000,000 people give you one dollar each!

It is not my place to determine how church money is spent . I give to God who I am accountable to. The Church authority handles the money and account to God as well. Even if my money is used to buy private jet . I am still blessed.
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by sophiap: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2017
iboboyswag:

I will continue to hide behind my mask while gullibility runs rogue.

Your pastor still feeds fat and being a pastor will continue to be the calling of most never-do-wells because gullible folks will still run to them at the cry of eternal damnation and they will be willing to exchange their money for the life saving elixir that the so called pastor seem to possess - the seemingly unseeable anointing and the fraudulent charge of disobeying God if you go against their wish - As a demigod that they are na!

They prey on one innate need of man, the yearning for a higher being but what they do not tell you is that we all are called to come as one..... None is more special nor more deserving.

Modified

There are millions who worship Sango and have lived very beautiful, healthy and purposeful lives. Good health is not a direct impact of the worship or tithing to the christian God.

You are very wrong on who a pastor is. My pastor is a business man . He doesn't get paid from church. And many pastors in our ministry don't get paid . They are laypastors
Re: If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2017
sophiap:

That shows the insincerity of those who don't give tithe.
Exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

End SARS, I See Military Men,so Many Deployed On The Street / The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? / Only For Those Who Need It Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.