Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig (836 Views)

Photos: Timi Frank Enjoying Luxurious Lifestyle In Dubai / Perez John Condemns Insurgents, Calls For Credible Elections In Nig / Need A Perfect House Design,construction & Approval In Nig? Pls Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
THE BOBRISKY CULTURE.......THE ADVENT OF IMMORAL(GAY) AND WEIRD LIFESTYLE IN NIGERIA

Nigeria’s sensational cross-dresser Idris Okuneye aka Bobrisky, 23, has been allegedly arrested by the Police.
The news of Bobrisky alleged arrest, with photos of someone purported to be the cross dresser, was the hot topic trending on various social media platform on Wednesday.
The reports said the alleged arrest of Bobrisky who is also a Snap Chat freak, may be connected to his recent write up, “Yes (I’m) gay” in an Instagram post which he later deleted.
Meanwhile, some of the social media users have expressed divergent views on the news.
Buhari`s media aide rejects sharing podium with Bobrisky
There are indications that Bashir Ahmad, the Personal Assistant on New Media to President Muhammadu Buhari, is unwilling to share the same podium with Nigeria male barbie, Idris Okuneye, popularly known as Bobrisky at the New Media Conference in Abuja.

According to the organisers, Bobrisky is to speak alongside Bashir Ahmad and Femi Falodun, the COO of ID Africa on Thursday.
Many social media users have questioned the inviataion of Bobrisky to the conference and seems Ahmad has decided not to be part of the controversy.
Bobrisky is the most popular Nigerian on snapchat and most talked about on social media and as a result of his fame, he got tapped as one of the speaker at the seminar where they will talk about social media engagement with youths.
However, this is not a good idea to some Nigerians.
Many believe he is gay but he has clearly denied it.
LETS QUICKLY TAKE A LOOK AT THE BIOGRAPHY AND PROFILE OF THIS WEIRD GUY

Bobrisky is a Nigerian internet personality, cross dresser and entrepreneur who is known for his social media skill most notably with the use of Snapchat, a social media application.
Early life and education
Born Okuneye Idris Olarenwaju in 1992, Bobrisky finished his secondary school education from King's College situated at Lagos State. He also attended graduate school at the University of Lagos, (UNILAG).
Exposure
He became recognized by being highly controversial on social media. Bobrisky was able to gather traffic to his Snapchat account when he claimed he had a lover who is assumed to be of masculine gender despite the Nigerian constitution at that point in time which made such same sex relationships an offence punishable by serving 14 years in a penitentiary.
Reception
Bobrisky, by virtue of his character introduced into the Nigerian society a set of ethics and morals which are not aligned with the Norm (social) of the nation Nigeria as so, he has been received with mixed feelings as he has a fair number of fans and critics alike. On a notable occasion, a Nigerian presidential aide for reasons best known to him, walked out on sight of Bobriskyat the residence.
Bobrisky however, as stated above does indeed have his fair share of fans and thus, has been asked by certain event planners to come give a speech at their events.
Influence
Taiwo Kola-Ogunlade, Google's Communications and Public Affairs Manager, Anglophone West Africa, said Bobrisky was most searched individual from October 26 to November 2016.

HERE IS AN INTERVIEW HE GAVE RECENTLY......

Who is Bobrisky?
My real name is Idris Olanrewaju Ogunneye and I am from Ijebu-Igbo, Ogun State. I have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos. When I was in part three at the university, I opened a boutique in Ikeja. It was called Bob, which is an abridged version of the nickname I was given when I was a child. Back then, I was fondly referred to as Bobo. I added ‘risky’ to the name and that is how I arrived at Bobrisky and I believe the name suits me.
What religion do you practise?
Idris is my Muslim name but I am not a practising Muslim.
Did you have a privileged upbringing?
I come from an average family. My dad is alive and he’s doing fine. I was born in Ebute-Metta , Lagos and I was raised in Lagos. My mum died in 2008. My dad is a retired transporter and he has drivers that work for him because he is aged. He is a polygamist and is married to three women. I am the youngest child in my family.
How did you get the funds to start a business while you were still an undergraduate?
When I was at the university, I worked part- time. Because I love to dance, I used to teach choreography and I also attended dance events. So I made money from dancing while I was in school. Also , because I have a great sense of fashion, my friends at the university admired my outfits and usually requested that I get same for them. I would double the cost and resell to them. As time went on, I was able to raise the capital to start my business.
Did you also wear make-up when you were an undergraduate?
While I was in school, I wore little make-up. If you did not come close to me, you would rarely know I applied make-up on my face.
Why do you like to wear make-up?
I developed interest in make-up because I love fashion. I have a love for feminine fashion. I felt there was a need for me to look feminine to attract more clients and create awareness for my brand. That is why I wear make-up and false nails. In order to comply with the demands of my customers, I opened another shop where I sell make-up.
Back in school, did people react strangely to you because you wore make-up?
Like I said earlier, I did not wear heavy make-up then. However, my dressing was of the highest quality. I won the award for the Best Dressed Male in my faculty and the Best Dressed Male in the University of Lagos. I first got popular on campus.
Are you not bothered about the kind of reaction you get from people?
I’m not bothered because I believe I’m doing the right thing. I’m myself and I’m doing what pleases me.
A lot of people believe that you’re more feminine than masculine?
That is their opinion. I know the reason why I’m Bobrisky. I already told you the reason why I do all that I do now and why I do them. I let people say whatever they feel like saying about me. I’m myself and different opinions are welcome.
What do your parents think about the way you live your life?
My father knows who I am and he is not bothered. One day he said to me, “You’re getting older and you’re over 18, it is up to you to decide if this is the right or wrong path to life.”
Before your mum died, did she object to your lifestyle?
When my mum noticed my feminine side, she used to beat me. At some point , she hired some hoodlums to manhandle me because she felt I was bringing shame to the family. Later, she let me be because she noticed the beating did not yield any result.

to read the full article, please click the link below:
http://www.aiskworldltd.com/2017/11/the-bobrisky-culturethe-advent-of.html

Re: The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig by BankeSmalls(f): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
Which part of the country is this guy from?
Re: The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2017
BankeSmalls:
Which part of the country is this guy from?
nigeria
Re: The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig by BankeSmalls(f): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
aiskworld:

nigeria

Which state abeg?
Re: The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Which state abeg?
click the link to get answers to all your questions
Re: The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig by BankeSmalls(f): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
aiskworld:

click the link to get answers to all your questions

The link says bobrisky is from Ekiti state, he is a pacesetter grin
Re: The Bobrisky Culture.......the Advent Of Immoral(gay) And Weird Lifestyle In Nig by Klinee: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
He should be hang!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How Jonathan's Loyalists Suggested Military Coup After Buhari's Victory In 2015 / You Are Talking Nonsense, If You Sabotage Biafra We Will Kill / EXCLUSIVE: Buhari’s Son Unconscious After Horror Power-bike Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.