Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara (34698 Views)

Ahmed Musa Dragged For Wishing Christians 'Merry Christmas' / Ronaldo Dragged After Super Cup Loss. Pictures! / Liverpool Players Put Coach On Their Shoulder And Dragged To Celebrate With Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Islie: 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
TUSSLE OVER PROPERTY: BATTERED WIFE SUES FORMER SUPER EAGLES’ PLAYER, GODWIN OKPARA

IKEJA, Lagos, Nigeria – Former Nigerian central defender, Godwin Okpara is in the news again. This time, he has been dragged to court by his wife Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara over ownership of property, which she said was acquired when the going was good with the family.

Campbell said the husband is currently denying her of the privilege of getting her share of properties and has dragged him before an Ikeja Magistrate Court court seeking justice for herself and her three living children.

www.starconnectmedia.com that she separated with the husband when she caught him sleeping with (Tina Okpara) the girl she adopted but whose real names are Awawu Simoni. “Her father worked with one of my uncles. When they fired him, I adopted her daughter and that was also when her mother died. There was nobody taking care of her and she had developed kwashiorkor and I decided to take her in.

“I finally caught Tina with my husband on my bed, my husband held me and she was able to run outside the house. I am okay with him dating girls outside, but not inside my matrimonial home. It was when I was arrested that I opened up. So I know that the girl had hepatitis B, because I did test before adopting the girl”, she told our reporter.

She got married to Godwin Okpara in December 31, 1992 and had four children together, Stephanie, 25, Shawn 22(now late), Sharon 18 and Sidney 17, all based in France.

Godwin Okpara had a good time playing then for the Super Eagles and the club side, PSG in France but issue of persistent wife battery and child trafficking soon led him out of football into jail.
He is now back home in Nigeria but he is allegedly withholding share of the property from his wife.

She also said the children; three of them in France have been abandoned by Godwin Opara. She practically wept reading the test of her children just asking her to send stipend to feed.

Besides, she said she was humiliated by her husband who hired thugs to assault her and even stripped her naked in her compound before onlookers. For this, she said it will be difficult for her to forgive Godwin Okpara whom she loves so much.

http://starconnectmedia.com/tussle-over-property-battered-wife-sues-former-super-eagles-player-godwin-opara/amp/

"Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" -Adopted Daughter
https://www.nairaland.com/1072988/godwin-okpara-turned-me-sex-slave

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by pyyxxaro: 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
shocked the gods are after him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Evablizin(f): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
sad

He has served the country honorably,how by raping a 13years old girl and by battering his wife?

6 Likes

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by DanseMacabre(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
Name doesn't ring a bell. But shey because he has represented Nigeria, that gives him the right to batter his wife

True true as that guy two places above said, the gods indeed are after him. Only you one go jail for raping your adopted daughter, now you dey join DV to am.

Make him just thank God say na Naija e dey, he's going absolutely scot-free. angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by MhizzAJ(f): 8:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
What rubbish
Why will a sane man beat up his wife undecided

Lack of self control or what exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by AuroraB(f): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
Say it ain't so shocked
Serving time in a jiffy if his village witches continues fanning their 'kini' with his pisure lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Alariiwo: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
Women of nowadays are no longer wife materials but burdens.

Reason why I fear this baby mama of a thing will displace marriage in the coming years.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by enemyofprogress: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
Na ibo boy now,they always beated their wives

8 Likes

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by 9jvirgin(m): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
I thought these guys lived in Europe? Appears they did not learn anything while they were there.
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by teflonjake(m): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
This guy for just a boxing o, see battering
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
As in ehn. Did he mistook to her to be a ball ni

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Dizu(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
I just taya, don't what to say
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by reality17(m): 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
Alariiwo:

Reason why I fear this baby mama of a thing will displace marriage in the coming years.

U are just like ur moniker

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Alariiwo: 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Na ibo boy now,they always beated their wives

Yet they keep parading themselves as the best things to ever happen since slice bread.

Shiooor!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Dekvng: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
This man sef na only God go deliver am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by bleskid: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
Evablizin:
sad

He has served the country honorably,how by raping a 13years old girl and by battering his wife?

wait him been rap 13y yrs old girl .. Wan know? So supprise to hear for first time
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by luvinhubby(m): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
This guy was in the 1989 Golden eaglets that included Victor Ikpeba, Jide Oguntuawase, Peter Ogaba.
The great Pele watched him play and based on what he saw, predicted in the tournament that Godwin Opara will be one of the greats in football.
Indiscipline, sexual assault and wife battering robbed him of that future.
He played for PSG against Inter Milan when the great Ronaldo was there in a Champions league match and completely marked him out of the game and the football world asked who was this boy and he went on to pair with Taribo West in the central defence for Super eagles in 2000 nations cup in Nigeria. But indiscipline robbed him of greatness.

Like Balotelli and Etim Esin, it takes a combination of both on and off field discipline to be a great sportsman.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Name doesn't ring a bell. But shey because he has represented Nigeria, that gives him the right to batter his wife

True true as that guy two places above said, the gods indeed are after him. Only you one go jail for raping your adopted daughter, now you dey join DV to am.

Make him just thank God say na Naija e dey, he's going absolutely scot-free. angry
Of course it won't ring a bell

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Paulezuzu(m): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
Unbelievable. Wetin u gain now?

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Nbote(m): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
Again Thought he was already convicted sometime ago
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by birdsview(m): 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
I don't like men that take out their frustrations on their spouses and children

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by makdcash(m): 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
The fall of a man
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by enomakos(m): 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Alariiwo:

baby mama is what reigns now
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by MadCow1: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
Looks like he went for the ball.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2017
chai!
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by realborn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
Their stories transcend the narratives above.

I recall they were both convicted over a decade ago.

The articles below give further insight on the Okparas. To stay on top, grace is continually required. He was such a good and disciplined player in his heydays.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin_Okpara
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/after-3years-in-prison-godwin-okpara-regains-freedom/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by stagger: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
DanseMacabre:

He was in the Scotland '89 U-17 squad as a central defender with Chiedu Anazuonwu and also played in the Super Eagles Afcon 2000 team.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Boyooosa(m): 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
This woman sef, why was she arrested b4 opening up?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mistakes Are Part Of The Game, I Apologise - Maguire Posts On IG After 3-3 Draw / FIFA President Welcomes ‘Team One’ To Qatar As Referees Arrive / FIFA Gives Approval For Aisha Buhari Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.