Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,747 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara (34728 Views)

Ahmed Musa Dragged For Wishing Christians 'Merry Christmas' / Ronaldo Dragged After Super Cup Loss. Pictures! / Liverpool Players Put Coach On Their Shoulder And Dragged To Celebrate With Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by ojlifa: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
May God help us men.younger one I urge you think 50 times before you marry,make sure you test every spirit in the woman before you marry her,less she distroy you....
According to this woman she has seen to it that the man was jailed in Europe and his career distroyed that wasn't enough for her,she has now moved to Nigeria.by law all the children except one are above 18 which means they are adult there father shouldn't provide for them,secondly you have taken his house in Europe that is not enough for you,you now think his property in Nigeria are equally yours.in fact that man no beat you well.you woman are evil ,devils standing solider .my brother if she comes near your house again set juju for am

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by RZArecta(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2017
Well, she (Mrs Okpara) also contributed in fûcking up the adopted girls life. I remember the scandal in France cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by cytell56: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Name doesn't ring a bell. But shey because he has represented Nigeria, that gives him the right to batter his wife

True true as that guy two places above said, the gods indeed are after him. Only you one go jail for raping your adopted daughter, now you dey join DV to am.

Make him just thank God say na Naija e dey, he's going absolutely scot-free. angry
E be like say dem just born you. Godwin Opara was a known Nigerian footballer then, very good footballer, but has let all this issues ruin his career. So sad.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by tballeyy(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
Bros why did u do this naw, sorry madam beware of biafra people

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by mapet: 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ladies & Gentlemen,

This story is runs far back and its deeper than this. For those that followed this story in the 90s/2000s, this report is a misrepresentation what was in the news.

1. the girl in question was a matured woman that traveled with a fake passport. She was not 13, but much older.

2. Godwin Opara's wife was his Manager back in the playing days, she also managed his money

3. Godwin accused her of mismanaging his money, and that she secretly acquired properties in her name

4. Yes, Godwin slept with the house-girl....... but there is another gist that madam was secretly catching her trips. She it was who reported to the authorities that Godwin was sleeping with a minor, exploiting the gap of the passport age.

5. Well both Godwin and wife were jailed, the wife had a lighter sentence. Godwin's defense that the girl is over 20 years old was rejected as the age om the passport was considered.

6. I lost track of the story after they were sentenced...this woman is not clean

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Ogunleti01: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2017
Islie:

http://starconnectmedia.com/tussle-over-property-battered-wife-sues-former-super-eagles-player-godwin-opara/amp/

"Godwin Okpara Turned Me In to A Sex-Slave" -Adopted Daughter
https://www.nairaland.com/1072988/godwin-okpara-turned-me-sex-slave
I usually tell people that women though they may be very troublesome atimes but a sane man should never for any reason raise up his hand to batter them.
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Leez(m): 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2017

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by BabaO2: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
The rapist
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Bullhari007(m): 10:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
Yoruba people and properties,,, why is she dragging the properties with her husband she think here is abroad where woman get the lion share of her husband properties, the children in France should come out from shadow and drop that Awolowo laziness in them and hustle for their survivor, nah Europe them dey oooO one of the reasons marring Yoruba woman is suicider if you are not Yoruba demon, take a look at peter okoye and tell me if his life is complete the same after he brought that old witch from waste region that bewitched and bottled his brain with green bottle... Ndi self and juju TUFIAKWA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by heydora: 10:05pm On Nov 09, 2017
luvinhubby:
This guy was in the 1989 Golden eaglets that included Victor Ikpeba, Jide Oguntuawase, Peter Ogaba.
The great Pele watched him play and based on what he saw, predicted in the tournament that Godwin Opara will be one of the greats in football.
Indiscipline, sexual assault and wife battering robbed him of that future.
He played for PSG against Inter Milan when the great Ronaldo was there in a Champions league match and completely marked him out of the game and the football world asked who was this boy and he went on to pair with Taribo West in the central defence for Super eagles in 2000 nations cup in Nigeria. But indiscipline robbed him of greatness.

Like Balotelli and Etim Esin, it takes a combination of both on and off field discipline to be a great sportsman.

Ose.... Baba mi.
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by ReemZy01(m): 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2017
No moni again nah why....
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Gamesmart: 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
The children are old enough to work and feed themselves in France. She should stop using them as excuse.

But on another note, what is with Igbos and English names?

She got married to Godwin Okpara in December 31, 1992 and had four children together, Stephanie, 25, Shawn 22(now late), Sharon 18 and Sidney 17, all based in France.

I just find it disgraceful and a complete sell-out of their heritage.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by DanseMacabre(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
stagger:

He was in the Scotland '89 U-17 squad as a central defender with Chiedu Anazuonwu and also played in the Super Eagles Afcon 2000 team.

Oh. I think I started watching the Super Eagles during the era of Mobi Oparaku, Uche Okechukwu, Samson Siasia, Austin Eguavoen etc. I should remember the dude, but I can't seem to.
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Oblongata: 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
luvinhubby:
This guy was in the 1989 Golden eaglets that included Victor Ikpeba, Jide Oguntuawase, Peter Ogaba.
The great Pele watched him play and based on what he saw, predicted in the tournament that Godwin Opara will be one of the greats in football.
Indiscipline, sexual assault and wife battering robbed him of that future.
He played for PSG against Inter Milan when the great Ronaldo was there in a Champions league match and completely marked him out of the game and the football world asked who was this boy and he went on to pair with Taribo West in the central defence for Super eagles in 2000 nations cup in Nigeria. But indiscipline robbed him of greatness.

Like Balotelli and Etim Esin, it takes a combination of both on and off field discipline to be a great sportsman.
Ronaldo actually gave him his shirt afterwards, he admitted he had not met a person who could tame him in football

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by bart10: 10:38pm On Nov 09, 2017
He was a good defender. Though short in height but quite effective. He was a member of the Scotland ‘89 U-17 squad with Victor Ikpeba, Jide Oguntuashe and Kayode Keshinro. He played for the Super Eagles in the 2000s. Nice defender but he obviously had a troubled life and ended up in Jail. Talent is never enough in life. You need character too.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Keneeby(m): 10:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
ok
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by stilldoingokay(f): 10:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by bart10: 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2017
Keneeby:
He played Atlanta 96 Olympics that we beat Argentina and Brazil. He was awarded best player in one of the matches

Nooooooo, he didn’t! Haba... cry

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by YelloweWest: 10:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
Mad man.

Lock the bastard up.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Keneeby(m): 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
bart10:

Sorry I remember it okparaku
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Keneeby(m): 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
bart10:

Sorry I remember it was okparaku
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Keneeby:
He played Atlanta 96 Olympics that we beat Argentina and Brazil. He was awarded best player in one of the matches
That's false.
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
The husband is a savage, haba! angry

and she herself, why adopt a female child?

In this life, if u want to help the less privileged, help with a long spoon and be wise about it.

No need bringing her into the home. Cat and fish cannot live in peace in a closed spot. One must eat the other.

If she had known the adopted female child will cause this huge damage in her home?
She no for seat down her own jeje, dey manage her life as she see am.

Person do good enter trouble.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by edgecution(m): 12:49am On Nov 10, 2017
Lies.!!! The Wife didn't tell us she was jailed too. She was jailed for her involvement in the rape and assault on the adopted girl.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by naptu2: 2:49am On Nov 10, 2017
DanseMacabre:
Name doesn't ring a bell. But shey because he has represented Nigeria, that gives him the right to batter his wife

True true as that guy two places above said, the gods indeed are after him. Only you one go jail for raping your adopted daughter, now you dey join DV to am.

Make him just thank God say na Naija e dey, he's going absolutely scot-free. angry

He played for Nigeria at Scotland '89 Under 16 World Cup, US Gold Cup 1995, France 1998 World Cup and Ghana-Nigeria 2000 Nations Cup. He was particularly popular when he played with Paris St Germain.

Godwin Okpara and Jay Jay Okocha playing for PSG in 1999. Okocha scored a wonderful goal while Okpara conceeded a penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_vBEfPCgg

This saga has been on Nairaland front page many times in the past ten years.

It first appeared in 2007 when he and his wife were convicted for child trafficking.

https://www.nairaland.com/57337/godwin-okpara-former-super-eagle

It appeared on the front page again in 2012 when the househelp told her side of the story.

And there's a video allegedly of Godwin Okpara beating his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKKjby0LPE

1) Godwin Okpara playing for Nigeria at France 1998 World Cup.

2) Godwin Okpara after scoring his penalty kick against Cameroon in the final of Ghana-Nigeria 2000 Nations Cup.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by DanseMacabre(m): 2:55am On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=naptu2 post=62235986]

He played for Nigeria at Scotland '89 Under 16 World Cup, US Gold Cup 1995, France 1998 World Cup and Ghana-Nigeria 2000 Nations Cup. He was particularly popular when he played with Paris St Germain.

Godwin Okpara and Jay Jay Okocha playing for PSG in 1999. Okocha scored a wonderful goal while Okpara conceeded a penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_vBEfPCgg

This saga has been on Nairaland front page many times in the past ten years.

It first appeared in 2007 when he and his wife were convicted for child trafficking.

https://www.nairaland.com/57337/godwin-okpara-former-super-eagle

It appeared on the front page again in 2012 when the househelp told her side of the story.

And there's a video allegedly of Godwin Okpara beating his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFKKjby0LPE

Emperor Naptu2, I forever remain loyal sir. Appreciate the effort, thank you kindly.
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by toprealman: 3:00am On Nov 10, 2017
Karma no de look face ooo. Same lady that tortured her "adopted daughter" which led to a 15year jail sentence abi?
Get well soon....hope your brain don clear.
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Kobicove(m): 4:32am On Nov 10, 2017
9jvirgin:
I thought these guys lived in Europe? Appears they did not learn anything while they were there.

Obviously they did not learn anything
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by jeff1607(m): 5:29am On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
What rubbish Why will a sane man beat up his wife undecided
Lack of self control or what exactly

you say what? lack of self control?

ladies should learn how to control their tongue

a sane woman should be able to do that.

back to the story

the man deserves what he got
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by Elxandre(m): 5:54am On Nov 10, 2017
Naptu2 though.

Was waiting for your post to brush us up on this guy.

You be real ancient relic grin
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by newslifeop: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2017
Oh
Re: Godwin Okpara Dragged To Court For Battering His Wife, Lynda Oladoyinbo Okpara by jidobaba(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
Yoruba people and properties,,, why is she dragging the properties with her husband she think here is abroad where woman get the lion share of her husband properties, the children in France should come out from shadow and drop that Awolowo laziness in them and hustle for their survivor, nah Europe them dey oooO one of the reasons marring Yoruba woman is suicider if you are not Yoruba demon, take a look at peter okoye and tell me if his life is complete the same after he brought that old witch from waste region that bewitched and bottled his brain with green bottle... Ndi self and juju TUFIAKWA
Funny guy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mistakes Are Part Of The Game, I Apologise - Maguire Posts On IG After 3-3 Draw / Super Eagles First Training Session In Teslim Balogun Stadium (Pictures & Video) / Ibrahimovic Banned For Grabbing Goalkeeper Sean Johnson's Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.