Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

5 Major Reasons Why We Still Need To Give Tstv Africa The Benefit Of The Doubt - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Major Reasons Why We Still Need To Give Tstv Africa The Benefit Of The Doubt (792 Views)

DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa / Nigeria Grants Tax Reliefs To TSTV Africa / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Major Reasons Why We Still Need To Give Tstv Africa The Benefit Of The Doubt by iyobosadavid: 11:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
This article doesn’t represent my personal view on Tstv Africa. Nobody is expected to hold me accountable for anything that I say in this article. On the contrary, this article contains perceivable and verifiable facts about the subject matter(TSTV). In a layman’s Language, I am not asking anyone to go any invest or not to. I am simply providing additional information sequel to my two previous articles. Nobody has paid me to say anything. Even if am being paid, i can only talk about things that will appeal to my good conscience
5 reasons why trusting Tstv Africa at this time is not a senseless action
Looking at the whole saga objectively, anyone who is currently having any iota of an issue of trust towards tstv africa is doing so to his own disadvantage. The reason is short and simple. You do not lose what you have not acquired. At this point in time, what the rationale behind distrusting them? Do not get me wrong, we are on course if we panic as a result of what happened a few days ago with beIN. However, this should not translate to bitterness or acrimony(except maybe your investment is at stake anyways). The following reasons will douse the tension of many.
1. Tstv Africa is a legal entity and duly registered in Nigeria to operate as a Pay-TV company: This alone will allay all the fears. I for one knows how disciplined the current government is with the issues of corruption and fraud. In fact, EFCC is currently recruiting more personnel(unfortunately, my age disqualified me) who do you think the new recruits will feast on?. To cut the story short, all that is needed is a petition and the law enforcement agency will be all over Tstv. They are traceable and trackable if they go wrong. The point is, they are yet to go wrong
2. trusting Tstv Africa on their defence of the two beIN sports that was shut down/blocked mysteriously: TSTV Africa put up a defence that the beIN sports channels were hacked by unknown soldiers… sorry hackers. While I have my points for countering this defence, I am also currently able to come up with some arguments for their cause. These are as follows:
They refused to provide a copy of their agreement with bein because it is a “non-disclosure agreement” I faulted this in my previous article, but, wait a minute, if they are lysing, beIN could have issued a press release to deny ever having any agreement with TSTV. That is not to say I am saying they indeed have an agreement with beIN. Only time will tell who is right or wrong.
Furthermore, there is a possibility that it was not beIN media group that pulled down the channels and wrote those inscriptions for the following reasons: The name of bein was wrongly spelt. I t was spelt as BEIN and not beIN which is the official spelling. Similarly, the English was so polished. Ordinarily, they would have written in Arabic. Finally, beIN would originally go to court instead of doing what they did. But again, this is not green light that all is well. In fact, all is not yet well otherwise the channels would have been back. In addition, for the fact that beIN was not responsible for taking the channels out doest free Tstv Africa from subsequent litigation should in case they are found guilty of intellectual property theft. The point here is that no one is right or wrong just yet.
3. This is still a test transmission/FTA service: For God’s sake, it’s a no-brainer to decipher the fact that TSTV Africa is still in test transmission mode. Why cry wolves where there is none? As much as we are all disappointed about the hiccup, we must have it in view that this is still a test transmission. In other words, they are currently broadcasting free of charge and they have not received money from anybody as of now. The only sensible thing is to wait and see.
4. Trusting tstv Africa in relation to the security of their platform: In verse 1 of my article where I objectively lambasted them for telling Nigerians that they were hacked. I got a good point. If they could be hacked so cheaply, how can we trust them with our investment subsequently? Flipping the coin, I will say I accept their defence for being an FTA for now. Although, no pay-tv operator is immune. However, to hacking, no hacking should occur in such a despicable manner. I will keep them on my watch list for now. At least until I see how they operate after their full launch.
5. Even without sports, they will still have millions of subscribers: The truth is, if TSTV launch today with just three non-sports channels and they roll out everything they promise as regard internet data, they will have more customers than any pay-TV or telecoms operator in Nigeria. To this end, I will say, they have not failed me personally. They will only fail me and I will only call them scam if they start selling decoders without data packages. As it stands, they have sold nothing yet. I have given them the more needed break.
6. This is a bonus point. Tstv Africa will lose more if they fail than you and I. This is a simple logic. they have investments running into millions, they spend on advertising and publicity. They must have also spent to acquire their satellite space. All this come to nought if they fail woefully. On the other hand, if they succeed, it is a win-win situation.
CONCLUSION
For the sake of emphasis, I repeat, am not in support of any satellite TV company. Also, I am not against any. I am only interested in bringing relief and cheap means of watching satellite TV to my people. Put it that, I go with the best, press the panic button when necessary and calms frailing nerves when I need to. I write this with my good conscience and not under any duress, pressure or threat. I do not put myself iin a position where I can be threatened. If something abnormal happens tomorrow I will still say it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid In Nike Advert. / +18 Sister Amaka The Big Ass Plantain Seller / The Best Movies Of 2020, Ranked By Tomatometer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.