Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:47 PM

Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out (36055 Views)

Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation / Cossy Orjiakor Exposes Her Sexcapades With 3 Men, Calls Them Out / Anyang Nyong’o: Woman Sending Nude Pictures To Lupita Nyong’o’s Governor Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by shine12: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2017
Benita27:
Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screaming either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasn't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture? Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.

Ok, I'm waiting till when they will make Kate Moss black.

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Lalas247(f): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2017
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by drmingler(m): 8:20am On Nov 11, 2017
Cash Network CPA Verified Account Needed Urgently Contact Me On Whatsapp 07062235480 If You Have
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 11, 2017
Benita27:
Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screaming either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasn't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture? Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.

I'm shocked that a lady could say this.

U live in nigeria and thus u likely don't understand the problems blacks are facing abroad. Editing her skin color clearly shows that fair skin is better than black skins.

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by spinna: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2017
If all black women were like this Africa/Nigeria would be a great place.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2017
Benita27:
[s]Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screaming either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasn't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture?[/s] Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.

your last point is the reason for her instagram rant. the rest is trash. If you didn't grow or live in their society you won't understand the struggle.

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 11, 2017
sinceraconcept:
because you are addicted to modifying your pictures and toning your skin to what you're not doesn't mean everyone else have such poor black mentality and low self esteem. [s]your comment shows that Nigerian girls have fish brains indeed.[/s] you are the type that would look like am Angel on instagram but one would run away on seeing you in real life.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 11, 2017
safarigirl:
She just wan use these people shine.

Lupita needs to stop crying about how they alter black people's this and that, she is not even half as dark as Alek Week or other Sudanese models, yet they never complained of their photos being altered.

Why is it only her own they are now suddenly altering? Is she the first dark-skinned, nappy-haired woman to be featured in a magazine?

The way she's always forming activist, you would think she is the first dark woman in Hollywood.

Anyway, I no blame her, it is the politically correct people always siding her and her nagging I blame

If she doesn't like what Hollywood does, she has the option of leaving Hollywood. People have done that

there are all sorts of things that our predecessors have been quiet about in the past
there are different reasons for this [ the culture or environment at the time, technology, etc]

is it today cosby was molesting women
or all those hollywood bigwigs being outed?
is it today us police have been killing blacks indiscriminately?

some celeb women are also calling out magazines for editing away blemishes etal.

alek wek and co may not have had the start power, or they did not want o make too many waves at a time when darkskinned models were a rarity.

dont knock her

once upon a time before the internet, skinny chicks also had to keep quiet [who is this small bonga fish girl talking among her elders]
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Deo1986(m): 10:38am On Nov 11, 2017
I will never encourage bleaching.... But with Nyongo, i am advising her to lighten up a liiiiitle.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2017
Deo1986:
I will never encourage bleaching.... But with Nyongo, i am advising her to lighten up a liiiiitle.

she doesn't need your trash advice. she loves herself the way she is and comfortable in her skin that is all that matters.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
They just made her chocolate cos she too dark.

1 Like

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Deo1986(m): 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

she doesn't need your trash advice. she loves herself the way she is and comfortable in her skin that is all that matters.
busybody, bad belle. You don't take my advises thats why i'm giving it to someone else. So bugger off.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
Deo1986:
busybody, bad belle. You don't take my advises thats why i'm giving it to someone else. So bugger off.

and that person is 100% proud of her skin and her features. so you can shove your unsolicited advice up your ass.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
Benita27:

You seriously cannot be a black person with Klan rhetoric. And if you are, you probably don't have experience of racism hence your myopic views.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Deo1986(m): 4:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

and that person is 100% proud of her skin and her features. so you can shove your unsolicited advice up your ass.
Nupita Nyogo's P.R.O you just missed a treat from me for using the word ass. I'm not gonna ask you out for dinner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid's Videoshoot Of "Gucci Snake" Behind The Scenes Photos / Ini Edo Vs Linda Osifo: Who Styled The Look Better? (Photos) / Obiagu Boys Gatecrashed Phynofest In Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.