Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out (35951 Views)

Lupita Nyong’o Acts Igbo Character In Americanah, Movie Adaptation / Cossy Orjiakor Exposes Her Sexcapades With 3 Men, Calls Them Out / Anyang Nyong’o: Woman Sending Nude Pictures To Lupita Nyong’o’s Governor Father (2) (3) (4)

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 10, 2017
Not everyone wants to be white and have silky, straight hair. Some people love their dark skin and thick uncombable afro hair just the way God made 'em. smiley

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by koolaid87: 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
Benita27:
Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screaming either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasuuuun't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture? Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.

Pls Cut your last paragraph to replace the first.

Racism is real and they didn't see her true apprearance generally appealing, hence the edit.

She's real, she's deep and I appreciate her originality.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Benita27:
Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screaming either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasn't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture? Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.
Thank you. It has made the black man always cry and forget to bring out his own potentials.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2017
If she doesn't like this sort of thing next time she is going for a magazine photo shoot, she needs to sign an agreement... so that this thing doesn't happen.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
US magazines edit pictures of all celebrities... it is expected... next time she should sign an agreement requiring them not to alter her pictures. This is one is not racism, it is something else. I think Beyonce does that (some years back)... she simply signs an agreement on how she wants to look in the magazines...

koolaid87:

Racism is real and they didn't see her true apprearance generally appealing, hence the edit.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by sinceraconcept(m): 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Benita27:
Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screaming either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasn't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture? Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.
because you are addicted to modifying your pictures and toning your skin to what you're not doesn't mean everyone else have such poor black mentality and low self esteem. your comment shows that Nigerian girls have fish brains indeed. you are the type that would look like am Angel on instagram but one would run away on seeing you in real life.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Sleyanya1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
Benita27:

Trust me she knows better than you. She's not one local girl from a village whose photo was Taken for a cover page of a magazine. I respect her Believes and
Love for who she really is.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by sinceraconcept(m): 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Gluhbirne:
Not everyone wants to be white and have silky, straight hair. Some people love their dark skin and thick uncombable afro hair just the way God made 'em. smiley
another African kid suffering from low self esteem. which one is uncombable? you obviously hate yourself . no wonder why 77% of Nigerian women bleach. this thread is exposing the mentality of Nigerian women

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Pointblank09(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
miteolu:
Who is she?
A Kenyan Artiste based in America. She is one of the major characters in Chiweta Ejiofor's "Twelve Years A Slave".

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Bullhari007(m): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
miteolu:
Who is she?
she is popular and richer than entire women in your village... even your mother
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by miteolu(m): 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
she is popular and richer than entire women in your village... even your mother

Never is your life will you type this rubbish.

In your mind you said good thing. Is anything bad in asking question?

Is not everyone that logs into Nairaland you use to learn words. Mind yourself.

One of my investments can feed your 4 generations. Sick Bastered!!!

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
That's how Michael Jackson life was destroyed by these people
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Bullhari007(m): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
miteolu:

Never is your life will you type this rubbish.

In your mind you said good thing. Is anything bad in asking question?

Is not everyone that logs into Nairaland you use to learn words. Mind yourself.

One of my investments can feed your 4 generations. Sick Bastered!!!
investment on Nairaland... cyber warrior kilode

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by ponziponzi(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
Thank you. It has made the black man always cry and forget to bring out his own potentials.

She is an actress and has won the Academy Award. Sir, where is your own potential?

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by kinibigdeal(m): 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lalas247:
Yes preach on ....
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by miteolu(m): 11:25pm On Nov 10, 2017
Bullhari007:
investment on Nairaland... cyber warrior kilode

I pity your future.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Bullhari007(m): 11:27pm On Nov 10, 2017
miteolu:

I pity your future.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by ibolomo(m): 1:16am On Nov 11, 2017
miteolu:
Who is she?
Grammy Award winner, supporting role in Award winning movie "12 years a slave", actress in movies such as queen of Katwe and Star wars...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Lupita_Nyong%27o

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Elxandre(m): 1:22am On Nov 11, 2017
I hate when people make themselves trouble makers unnecessarily.

They didn't paint you white for Christ's sake!
I mean there are tons of white women they could have called for the photoshoot if they really hated your dark skin.

They should have informed her before cutting off her hair though.

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by safarigirl(f): 1:39am On Nov 11, 2017
She just wan use these people shine.

Lupita needs to stop crying about how they alter black people's this and that, she is not even half as dark as Alek Week or other Sudanese models, yet they never complained of their photos being altered.

Why is it only her own they are now suddenly altering? Is she the first dark-skinned, nappy-haired woman to be featured in a magazine?

The way she's always forming activist, you would think she is the first dark woman in Hollywood.

Anyway, I no blame her, it is the politically correct people always siding her and her nagging I blame

If she doesn't like what Hollywood does, she has the option of leaving Hollywood. People have done that

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 11, 2017
koolaid87:

+1

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by 9inches(m): 4:20am On Nov 11, 2017
And they failed to edit her bweast. Not a very job.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by EmekaBlue(m): 4:21am On Nov 11, 2017
everything skin colour blacks will cry fowl...inferiority complex too much abeg...Tired of rubbish
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Backinfront(m): 4:51am On Nov 11, 2017
EmekaBlue:
everything skin colour blacks will cry fowl...inferiority complex too much abeg...Tired of rubbish
white worshiper shut the fvck up

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by EmekaBlue(m): 5:04am On Nov 11, 2017
Backinfront:
white worshiper shut the fvck up
smh....u r looking down on urself..Black ass...sorry
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Gudiza(m): 5:11am On Nov 11, 2017
She's fake as hell!!!

At some point you just have to ask yourself if you're making any sense..There is absolutely nothing wrong with that picture. She now thinks she's the poster child for how black people supposed to look. I'm tired of your black girl tirades...Besides you're African NOT even American...If Africans think you're ugly don't blame Hollywood. There has to be enough light for good photography to be captured...blame technology for that or invent your own 'darkness photo'.
Also, your long afro hairstyle or whatever its called is unafrican...so you can't exactly call that being 'beautiful the way you are'.

I detest bleachers, love my rich in colour and texture melanin but, hate your fuckin campaign...it's disingenuous

beach.
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Born2Breed(f): 5:18am On Nov 11, 2017
WotzupNG:
Hollywood Star Actress, Lupita Nyongo has taken to Instagram to call out Grazia Magazine for editing her dark skin and and kinky coily hair.

The Actress appears on the cover of the magazine but the pictures used by the magazine appear edited. Her skin was lightened and her hair smoothed.

Her post on Instagram:

http://www.purplefeel.com/2017/11/lupita-nyongo-grazia-magazine.html

Go girl,Say it louder!

Black is beautiful. They thought you could be gaged and play to the gallery of every thing white is pure and beautiful.

Until the black person learn to speak against complexion discrimination,the people with colour won't stop. Yes people of colour that's what the lighter skins are.

They go pink,blue and red when displaying emotions but the black stays black and unadulterated always.

Who are the real people if colour?

Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by helphelp: 6:07am On Nov 11, 2017
Good one Lupiter... But Na because say you don chop belleful
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by bbcube: 6:20am On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=bettercreature post=62264166][/quote]
her ugliness is making her money more than you
Re: Grazia Magazine Edits Lupita Nyongo Dark Skin & Hair. She Calls Them Out by Coyotejack(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2017
Benita27:
Everything to a black man has the racist or prejudice undertone. We don't see beyond our nose before screamindig either of this two...it's normal to edit a picture meant for the cover of a Magazine. Her dark skin tone wasn't edited to white complexion, and it wasn't edited to a fair complexion either, so I see nothing wrong in the finishing touches they gave her skin. Were you expecting them not to edit the original picture? Their crime here is the fact that her lengthy kinky hair was edited to low-cut. The management of the Magazine are really insane if that was done without her consent.

On this matter it's her hair they edited out, and it didn't sit well with her

Ini Edo Vs Linda Osifo: Who Styled The Look Better? (Photos) / Cindy Okafor Survives Car Accident On Her 25th Birthday (Video) / Basketmouth's Mother Is Dead (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51