Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Glo Increases Their Data Plans - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Increases Their Data Plans (41044 Views)

Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans / Hot: Glo Increases Data Data Bundles On A Cheaper Rate For 2021 / Airtel Increases Their Weekly And Monthly Data Volumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Themandator: 9:23am On Nov 11, 2017
Gabflex:
Glo data make sense but their network just keep turning me off

It works for me.... I have been using Glo for like 5 years now ....same sim Number for data.
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Themandator: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2017
ifex370:
When next I go out.. I'm getting me a Glo sim

Glo is pose to challenge Main One back door entrance into data retail business through TStv .... the injured would be the others who are not national carriers
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by ninofreesty(m): 9:31am On Nov 11, 2017
I just hope they know what they are doing
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Themandator: 9:33am On Nov 11, 2017
ruffDiamond:
glo is currently one of the most useless network in 9ja right now .it does not matter if they increase the data to 50G for 50cards.their signals is frustratingly weak! you convert your money to mb to browse,they give u something which is the apparent value of mb.but actually less than what is given by the crooked and rogues network! then the useless weak uploaad/download signal (for 3G),even with full network signal would start fluctuating,... chai! before you know it ..you get an SMS notifying you ve passed 95% of data volume chai !I'm an old customer,but I ve vowed never to spend a dime of my money on their data.. I'll just be receiving and making call only..what the issue of auto renewal?hope their management get to read this..I don port to airtel..and 9mobile ...ya all will go down the way of emptyhen..beeni

Go and reconcile with your village People. I used Glo and everything you mentioned I have never experienced...mind you, I didn't just start using it yesterday , I have been using it for years ... it is the sim on my iPad as I type this

Check village People...they are your problem not Glo

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Themandator: 9:35am On Nov 11, 2017
hansyllo:
Glo was my worse enemy few years back. Even to a point that if we exchange num and urs is Glo network, sorry that will be the end for us cos I'll never dial that num for once.

But for the pas few months GLO is my all and all.

these days I jst load 3k and that will take care of both my data and calls for the month.
My previous expenses with MTN for data & calls was about 7-8K monthly.

Economically, Glo is the best network provider if you have Good network in your area.
GLO WITH PRIDE

They usually give me 5000 or so bonus whenever I load 2500 for data subscription

2 Likes

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by united4men: 9:40am On Nov 11, 2017
Mynd44:
The last time I tried Glo, I bought 3 Gb of data and throughout the whole month, I couldn't use up to 1. Shi was waaaaay too slow

I've been using glo for 2 months now & I can say it's area dependent. it's fast in my area but slow in some other places
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Elxandre(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2017
Some People are really slow.
I should change location because I want to use Glo, even though it has proven to be useless in middle states I've been to.

I just keep wondering how Adenuga would react if he knew his network is the worst in Nigeria.
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Seadox: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2017
what is the essence of higher data you cannot use. I live in Abeokuta and I can confirmed to you that Glo network is very bad...am even regretting my current subscription....

at office it fluctuate at home no service at all.

my people don't fall for this crap..what we need from Glo is a better and stable network for now.
not more data you cannot use....

be careful my people
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by spartan117(m): 9:43am On Nov 11, 2017
bigdot1759:
I can't do without Glo, I can't even drop it
Are you able to finish using your data every month? Because I'm considering buying but their slow network is a hindrance
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Themandator: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Elxandre:
Some People are really slow.
I should change location because I want to use Glo, even though it has proven to be useless in middle states I've been to.

I just keep wondering how Adenuga would react if he knew his network is the worst in Nigeria.

It actually has the highest data subscribers in Nigeria so his reaction should be to be happy and sip champagne ... there are alternatives to Glo... it is not a monopoly....find the best fit and engage them
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by eepris88: 9:50am On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=gqboyy post=62259958]I will never forgive glo. God punish their slow ass network[/quote

maybe you d leave for village
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by nobsalis: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2017
bravesoul247:
*41*9# for 20gig

Pls which code is disgusting one again cuz am lost Pls explain bro
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by kpaofame: 10:01am On Nov 11, 2017
For those complaining una dooh oo. tongue tongue

Though they are times when am pained because network cant connect....but it is serving me well...heck i finish my normal 1k- 3.2gb allotment for the past 3 months without downloads... Mtn with their limited data...
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Elxandre(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2017
Themandator:

It actually has the highest data subscribers in Nigeria so his reaction should be to be happy and sip champagne ... there are alternatives to Glo... it is not a monopoly....find the best fit and engage them
You sip champagne when your services are mediocre?

It has the highest subscriber base because Nigeria is a poor country.
I once used Glo too when I had no option due to my tight budget, but once I could afford better, I had to dump it.

Why do you think other networks still charge significantly higher? It's simply because they don't see Glo as a major threat.
Any price reduction by any of Airtel, MTN and 9mobile is immediately emulated by the rest because they have comparable service quality to a decent extent.

Glo might have the highest subscribers, but I'm going to bet they don't make as much money as MTN does from their lesser number of subscribers.
With Glo you spend let's say 1000 to get 4gb, while in the same time frame an MTN subscriber spends at least twice as much.

I have to commend them for their 4g services though, but how many cities have Glo 4g right now?

I know for sure Adenuga wouldn't be happy to learn his network is the poorest, any businessman wouldn't!
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Elxandre(m): 10:09am On Nov 11, 2017
Seadox:
what is the essence of higher data you cannot use. I live in Abeokuta and I can confirmed to you that Glo network is very bad...am even regretting my current subscription....

at office it fluctuate at home no service at all.

my people don't fall for this crap..what we need from Glo is a better and stable network for now.
not more data you cannot use....

be careful my people
That's the problem.

I'm sure those who can't afford other networks will still stick with them and manage.

One day when the prices get even, Glo will suddenly have an impossible gap to close.
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Pidginwhisper: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2017
Shollay20:

My brother it never increase ooo
It will..you fit no get the notification but e go definitely increase. So wait till tmorow and check your status..me sef no dey get notification sometimes but if I check am later e go don add up.
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by tivta(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2017
Please you guys should keep avoiding Glo. No matter what you do don't come and congest Glo 4g for me oh.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by tivta(m): 10:37am On Nov 11, 2017
Themandator:

Glo is pose to challenge Main One back door entrance into data retail business through TStv .... the injured would be the others who are not national carriers

Are you sure about that, thought it was only ntel and Glo that are national carriers?
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by matingo(f): 10:43am On Nov 11, 2017
Nobody should ever come and lie to us again about glo data plans.
I tot day av repented only to sub the 1000 plan now, I got 1.6gb and not 4gb as advertised and to start browsing nko, I had to change back to Mtn before I cld type ds.
Glo shld go joor
Rubbish network.

1 Like

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Sike(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2017
Glo is Good. But their Service is Aweful - in some areas.
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by piagetskinner(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2017
when will mtn do likewise
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Funkybabee(f): 11:23am On Nov 11, 2017
Glo for live.....

To all people complaining about their service,let me give u some advice....

Whenever your network is gone or did not connect, off ur data and search for available 3g network,register on it,or re save ur APN......

Thst is how am doing my And enjoying it

Or on ur data and do the process I wrote down up
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by OCTAVO: 11:35am On Nov 11, 2017
GrandMufti:

Which device are you using?
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by omogerohprecious(m): 11:38am On Nov 11, 2017
Baba. a good morning to you. it's your boy again oh
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by bidak(m): 11:44am On Nov 11, 2017
What is the point of giving someone 4gb and you would barely get to use 1gb
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by ifex370(m): 11:50am On Nov 11, 2017
Topestbilly:

Don't mind @ badaoyeyemi na jealousy dey worry her tongue... very few of their coverage areas has bad Internet service tho, but they're the best!.. 3.7GB for my bb10 @ #1000, which other network dose that?

None bro.. I'm long over due with this south African thieves

1 Like

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by giddykay: 11:51am On Nov 11, 2017
Such a dumb network.
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by GrandMufti: 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
OCTAVO:

Which device are you using?

Note 3 special edition
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by RX480(m): 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
Months after cutting all their data plans by 50% - 70%, they come back with another stunt like this, words cannot explain the hatred I have for Glo and their unstable network.
Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by ewizard1: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
For you'all shouting "Snail network bla bla..."

Shut up and get on Glo 4G! That's where the snail morphs into a cheetah!

#Glo's 3G and 4G ain't the same... If the 3G is slow in your location, 4G would not.

**Modified**
The attached speed test was just taken now...

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
if you want stable glo network go to internet settings on your phone and chose WCDMA ONLY and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Glo Increases Their Data Plans by ewizard1: 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
williams85:
Guys glo is the best in my area... subscribe to network that works for you..
Nobody force you to subscribe glo....
Ehen, you don get am!!! grin

Good things was made for good people.

#I didn't say other are bad people oooo! (picks race)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) / Help My Infix Hot's Backlight Goes Off When Making Calls / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.