Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans (3481 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo Important Service Codes You Should Know / Glo Increases Their Data Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Zontrident: 12:35am On Nov 09, 2022
Seriously why are more Nigerians not talking about the fact that Airtel lies about their data subscriptions, if you subscribed any data plan on Airtel you can only use like 50-60% of the said Data plan before it is exhausted.

Their 500 naira for 2gb only allows you to use like 1.2 gb before you will get a message that you have 200mb remaining and that 200mb will finish in a matter of minutes.

I'm shocked nobody talks about this nationwide scam more, glo also turns 60 percent of your data plan into night bundle that expires when the daylight data finishes WTF is wrong with our ISPs

I'm gathering some evidence on their fraudulent acts when I have enough I am going to sue Airtel by Gods grace.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Zontrident: 12:40am On Nov 09, 2022
I used 800mb from a 1.8 gb for 500 naira sub on glo (the extra 400mb is from glo wtf) and the data has finished howww!!!

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by 99thEnemy(m): 3:18am On Nov 09, 2022
The 'Data Usage Stats' for data used in transmitting Vawulence is usually in incognito mode grin

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Demariz(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2022
Yooo i had same problem with glo, i subbed #1,500 for 7.5gb 30days including 4gb night. Thats is i have 3.5gb for the day time,that isn't going to do because I'm a heavy user and i work online and that could probably stretch to midnight.

So about 4days later my day-data got exhausted and i had a lot of work to do,so I'm like okay,I will use the night data. Around 1am i started working and i couldn't connect, i tried everything till around 5am, i called their costumer care and they told me that if my day data gets exhausted then the night also would be exhausted.

I tried to make her understand it made no sense, i bought a plan that included a night plan and thats why it all amounted to 7.5gb, she got tired and forwarded my complaint to someone else who was less eager to accommodate me and hanged up (their costumer care ended the call �)

This is pure madness, something has to be done honestly, I've thought of legal actions because this is deceitful and wicked.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by alvan73: 7:29am On Nov 09, 2022
Glo's own is just too obvious, their 500MB is like 390-400MB and their 1GB is around 800MB but nobody is talking

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Jeffy1206(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2022
Zontrident:
I used 800mb from a 1.8 gb for 500 naira sub on glo (the extra 400mb is from glo wtf) and the data has finished howww!!!
1gb is for midnight. Even the 1gb sef no dey work for night undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by 11Anonymous(m): 7:56am On Nov 09, 2022
You only showed your data usage, you didn't show us your data balance. Send "Info" to 127
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Alapojamesy: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2022
Demariz:
Yooo i had same problem with glo, i subbed #1,500 for 7.5gb 30days including 4gb night. Thats is i have 3.5gb for the day time,that isn't going to do because I'm a heavy user and i work online and that could probably stretch to midnight.

So about 4days later my day-data got exhausted and i had a lot of work to do,so I'm like okay,I will use the night data. Around 1am i started working and i couldn't connect, i tried everything till around 5am, i called their costumer care and they told me that if my day data gets exhausted then the night also would be exhausted.

I tried to make her understand it made no sense, i bought a plan that included a night plan and thats why it all amounted to 7.5gb, she got tired and forwarded my complaint to someone else who was less eager to accommodate me and hanged up (their costumer care ended the call �)

This is pour madness, something has to be done honestly, I've thought of legal actions because this is deceitful and wicked.

Bro, i had similar case oo..
I did the above sub you mentioned... After my main sub finished, I realized everything halted including my night plan (the 4gb)..very stupid and unreliable network.. Have already vow no to use them again except night plan
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Tokskob2008: 8:23am On Nov 09, 2022
They are all thieves but I think airtel is worse, 1.2gb couldn't even download a 50mb file completely before they sent the "200mb data balance". It's like they use a triple mouthed straw to suck it each time the data is on.

5 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by AlphaStyles(m): 8:23am On Nov 09, 2022
LMAO NA NOW U KNOW?

2 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by lanocfoods: 8:41am On Nov 09, 2022
Zontrident:
Seriously why are more Nigerians not talking about the fact that Airtel lies about their data subscriptions, if you subscribed any data plan on Airtel you can only use like 50-60% of the said Data plan before it is exhausted.

Their 500 naira for 2gb only allows you to use like 1.2 gb before you will get a message that you have 200mb remaining and that 200mb will finish in a matter of minutes.

I'm shocked nobody talks about this nationwide scam more, glo also turns 60 percent of your data plan into night bundle that expires when the daylight data finishes WTF is wrong with our ISPs

I'm gathering some evidence on their fraudulent acts when I have enough I am going to sue Airtel by Gods grace.
You are very observant, I think we should go drag them on twitter. Their 250mb for 25 naira night plan will only give you 70mb,bunch of corporate thieves

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Parachoko: 8:49am On Nov 09, 2022
Zontrident:
Seriously why are more Nigerians not talking about the fact that Airtel lies about their data subscriptions
The reason person like me stop complaining about the nonsense by MTN and Airtel is because some Nigerians do defend them

You will thought they are a major shareholder in this companies.

Look at what the EU and Brazil is doing to Apple

Apple was fine in Brazil because them no dey add charger to their phones. Some Nigerians will attack you if you ask why apple no dey add chargers to their phone

Dem go tell you dem no force you to buy or make dem tell you is not for a poor man grin

15 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Parachoko: 8:50am On Nov 09, 2022
Tokskob2008:
They are all thieves but I think airtel is worse, 1.2gb couldn't even download a 50mb file completely before they sent the "200mb data balance". It's like they use a triple mouthed straw to suck it each time the data is on.
I can't believe this unless I see very strong evidence

There's no way you will only be giving 250mb our of 1.2GB
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by dyera(m): 9:01am On Nov 09, 2022
My experience with Airtel a few months ago that made me vow to never subscribe for their data. Once I checked the available data on Airtel, then went on to download 100mb file. When I checked the remaining data, I noticed that 150mb was subtracted. From then I knew that for Airtel, 9gb is actually 6gb, 15gb is actually 10gb, 150mb is actually 100mb. Basically, on Airtel, one third of your total data is fake.

9 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by HocusPocus: 9:01am On Nov 09, 2022
Na mouth dem go use tell Una
Switch go the next one if the present one's not working for you
As simple as ABC

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Tokskob2008: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2022
Parachoko:

Well believe it or not I have experienced it more than 3 times now and it was painful. All those data offers are rubbish, even the night plan is way worse never trying it ever again.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by ZeroOneTribe: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2022
Not just this two, all the ISP have one trick or the other to scam their customers. If you have data and subscribe to mtn night plan, they will be deducting from your main data and the night plan simultaneously.
And you can only use about 80% of your data.
Someone needs to study and gather evidence then sue. I don't mind donating to that cause.
These guys are taking in billions yearly, but still want to cheat their customers.
I switched to ntel sometime ago, their network speed was limited to 512KB/s, it wasn't enough for my work. And the throttling was deliberate.

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Parachoko: 9:07am On Nov 09, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Well believe it or not I have experienced it more than 3 times now and it was painful. All those data offers are rubbish, even the night plan is way worse never trying it ever again.
oh!!

So nah data offer? I thought nah just normal data plan

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by falcon01: 9:12am On Nov 09, 2022
99thEnemy:
The 'Data Usage Stats' for data used in transmitting Vawulence is usually in incognito mode grin
if you don gerrit forgerabou rit grin

Honestly though my airtel is pretty accurate.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Demariz(m): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2022
I told myself i won't sub with them anymore, but I'm still not satisfied with that as many nigerians will still get caught in their shenanigans.

Alapojamesy:

Bro, i had similar case oo..
I did the above sub you mentioned... After my main sub finished, I realized everything halted including my night plan (the 4gb)..very stupid and unreliable network.. Have already vow no to use them again except night plan
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Brokeloser: 9:53am On Nov 09, 2022
Airtel Na yahoo network.Their night plan na scam.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by fortunez1(m): 10:01am On Nov 09, 2022
No company cheats and steals on data subscription like Airtel, the new Airtel MD most have been a Yahoo boi before. Imagine a sub for 6g which is supposed to last a month but finished under 4days , I didn't download anything just surfing the internet and my data disappeared, then customer service (untrained and unserious staffs) they didn't even know what to say and it's like they did it on purpose.

8 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Oggbole(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2022
Sometimes it leaves me wondering....if na me and them dey use the data...
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by faceland: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2022
I use Airtel a lot and think it's fair.

9 Mobile is the worst (when it comes to disappearing data).

Check your phone and laptop, something is updating and using up your data.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by faceland: 10:53am On Nov 09, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Airtel Night is rubbish (you can't even check the data as it vanishes). Try Glo but from 1pm.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Zonefree(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2022
Airtel is worse.

Don't even think of subscribing to their night plans. It's all scam. 250mb for night plan no fit watch 2 sabinus comedy skits.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2022
HocusPocus:
Na mouth dem go use tell Una
Switch go the next one if the present one's not working for you
As simple as ABC
be like you no well. Which one dey work well?

2 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Deicide: 11:37am On Nov 09, 2022
faceland:

Airtel Night is rubbish (you can't even check the data as it vanishes). Try Glo but from 1pm.
They have fixed it, so I Lt works properly 12:00 on the dot. You just have to go to flight mode and back

3 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Rareoil(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2022
Parachoko:

Yea maybe his phone or computer was updating apps in the background it has happened to me.
Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Rickmann: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2022
Zontrident:

Two confused and useless telecoms company. All they do is dash celebrities huge sums of money all in the name of adverts instead of improving their network and coverage.

Mtn is by far ahead..they can't even compete.

5 Likes

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by Gptech(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2022
Jeffy1206:
1gb is for midnight. Even the 1gb sef no dey work for night undecided angry
Switch between 4G and 3G. Sometimes you have to wait till about 12:30 am for it to work, very hilarous.
I also observed that 3G is way faster than 4G at night.

1 Like

Re: Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans by HocusPocus: 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
be like you no well. Which one dey work well?
choose your poison niggar undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Avast Anti Theft For Android,better Than Netquins And Lookout / Names Of Applications That Could Brick An Android Phone?? / Airtel Cheat That Works On Samsung Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.