Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger (5163 Views)

Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger / Four Applications You Must Have On Your Phone As A Blogger / Before You Become A Blogger Read This To Avoid Being A Frustrated Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by sunnyelevates(m): 6:54am On Nov 11, 2017
When it comes to blogging in Nigeria,I can
really tell you that only few who have the
passion for blogging succeed. It obvious that
blogging is becoming lucrative but yet many
bloggers don’t really know why they are into
blogging. Blogging is far beyond getting a
domain and then you are set,if you see
blogging this way,then you are doom to fail.

Back to my topic..like I earlier said only few
who are into the game of blogging
succeeds,these set of indiviuals knows what
they are doing;why they are here,and they
know what they want when it comes to
blogging. I call these set of guys “The game
masters” …Because they are always
successful and remain on the top of the
bloging game.

Today I will be sharing with you why some
guys (bloggers) fail in their game of blogging:
These guys who fail or are still failing but
right before they ventured into blogging they
had the passion and the enthusiasm towards
blogging but along the line these possessions
dies in them.What actually happened that
made them loose focus? Now lets look at
what really happened:

1.They where TV addicts
You want to be a blogger but you are always
at the front of the tv watching movies that is
irrelevant in your field.. Guys that wants to
be successful are not TV addicts. They
hardly spend their time watching tv. As a
blogger you need to watch some important
movies and pro grammes but never over do
it. Always know when to watch the Tv,so that
you won’t ruin your blogging career by your
own self.

2.These set of guys sleeps a lot
Successful bloggers who are into the game
of blogging today will tell you that they
sometimes keep night vigils just to achieve
their goals and objectives. As a blogger do
you keep night vigils to fix that seo problem?
everything in life comes with a price,for you
to get these tings,you must be willing to pay
the price.Do away with excesive sleep if you
want to be a serious blogger.

3.These set of failed bloggers party/club alot
Sometimes it is good to be social/jovial as a
blogger but not when you have serious work
to do on your blog. Most flourishing bloggers
that i know hardly attend parties/clubs. If
they do,then it’s once in a blue moon.
Upcoming bloggers who wants to be serious
and committed must learn from this. Am not
saying that you shouldn’t be social but don’t
over do it ,most especially when it consumes
your time.

4.These set of failed bloggers are just lazy
They are just after the money and other
privileges that comes with blogging but they
are not willing to pay the price. They hardly
update their blog simply because they are
lazy,these set of guys would always wait
when a blogger update his site, then they
stumble upon their content,do copy and
pastethem on their blog,but one thing they
fail to realize is that copy and paste could
sometimes be a destructive weapon that kills
a blog faster than fustration.

5. The failed bloggers are too busy to learn
the rules
As a blogger when was the last time you
went on research concerning a particular
thing about blogging? You must be willing to
learn if you want to be successful in your
blogging career. aBlogging is a school where
you learn and learn and you will be tired of
learning. The more you advance in your
blogging career,the more you should be
willing to learn….
http://livelyinfo.com/2017/11/11/blogging-2/

3 Likes

Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by scribble: 7:02am On Nov 11, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by albacete(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2017
It all started when Linda Ikeji bought a mansion for half a billion, now every Tom, D1ck and Harry wants a piece of the cake.
Have you ever stumbled on a blog and all you see is unverified stories, half-truths and blatant lies?
A blogger, for example, knows Hushpuppi is trending. He now posts "Five jobs that Hushpuppi did that made him rich". Thereafter he beats about the bush for say, 5 minutes, gives an intro into the guy's life, and tells you to click on an advert to see the jobs he did that made him rich. One even went as far as saying Hushpuppi recently opened a company and wants to employ people to work for him.

These set of bloggers are after Google's paycheck, without putting in the required effort. Everyone wants to blow overnight but the passion is not there. Why work so hard when you can easily lift contents from another site and post on your blog?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2017
I think time management is key and writing ability matters. You can party, wake up late and still do well. Just three hours a day is enough for a good blogger to write anything. I work 8-8 daily but I still make out time to write for www.mortalpoet.com.

Laziness and weak priorities are the biggest of problems. Chatting and doing an unnecessary thing when you know there's a job at the blog to undertake. Laziness kills the blog and leads to copy and paste system, the first sign of demise.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Swizbank: 7:03am On Nov 11, 2017
Pls I need help. Experienced bloggers please help. I had AdSense but later sold it out due to school stuffs. Now I just started a fresh blog with a new email. Pls how can I apply to AdSense safely without implicating myself since my name was already in their system.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by mickeyenglish(m): 7:04am On Nov 11, 2017
Personally,I feel only a vast, enlightened and, research oriented individual should venture into blogging. Blogging has moved away from the normal Linda Ikeji gossip and gist niche . People now want something more and unique in nature. As a blogger, if you can't put together a sound and thoroughly researched article of nothing less than a thousand words, then you have no place within the blogging realm. Another issue I find disturbing with these bloggers is their consistent noise on the importance on Niche blogging. Blogging is not meant to be Niche-based rather it should express the bloggers thoughts on various issues from various fields . As a blogger you must be a Universal citizen and I don't see the fun sticking to a particular field of interest cos u ll probably soon run out of ideas . Be vast and free yourself from the scourge of Niche blogging. Look at Quora for example, people discuss all sort of issues raging from science to politics to myth to technology and lots more. People are naturally intelligent but due to the lack of good and fascinating articles, they suddenly loose find solace in the normal daily gossip and gist on snakes and slay Queens. Blog for fun and forgo the though of money, then you ll see remarkable changes within your level of knowledge and understanding and also your purse.

Post No Bill

4 Likes

Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Finstar: 7:05am On Nov 11, 2017
Valid points. I think blogging needs all the commitments it can get. If you've the time, everything you do online should directly or Indirectly impact on your blog.. Take it everywhere you go..

If. You're looking for a web designer, get me on 0.8.1. 67 9.7.0.9.6.9. 7 My feee is cheap..
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by mikeng: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2017
Posting fake and unverifiable information
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2017
It is crystal clear lik d biblical mene mene teke ufasin from this trash u wrote dat u hv all d drapping of a failed blogger. No go find work
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by infogenius(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2017
Lack of creativity.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Strongbest(m): 7:24am On Nov 11, 2017
And most of them are lazy, lack creativity....they will steal another person's idea to start blogging.

How do you blog in a field that's not your real field?
Only to copy and paste. How far can you go with that? You will definitely run out of idea soon. tongue

That's just one thing I find very ridiculous about them.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Odioko1(m): 7:24am On Nov 11, 2017
Nice one
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by CheatexJnr: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2017
Shea you know this post is pointless!! https://plaza.ng
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Arewa12: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2017
I concur I just blog for the fun of it....
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:50am On Nov 11, 2017
Swizbank:
Pls I need help. Experienced bloggers please help. I had AdSense but later sold it out due to school stuffs. Now I just started a fresh blog with a new email. Pls how can I apply to AdSense safely without implicating myself since my name was already in their system.
Use the same name but different email, phone no and physical address.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by ibietela2(m): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2017
Nice tips.

Most people in Nigeria just rush to entertainment niche.... I find it so stressful and saturated
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Oluwolex2000(m): 7:59am On Nov 11, 2017
This is so true OP. I started blogging as far back as 2014 and didn't even know what was called adsence then.

One thing bloggers don't know is you first work on your niche, work on your traffic before you even think of making money from your blog.

Gone are those days I pray to make 100 views a day, but glory to Good I can hit my chest and say I make 60+K views a day. Blogging is driven by passion and not LA ctrl C LA ctrl V.

I also remember those days I stay up all night just to right articles, get headlines, trying to be THE First to post news and all.

Nice piece there by the OP.

You can check my signature for my blog. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by pabostt: 8:01am On Nov 11, 2017
Blogging is for those that can work hard. And the aim is to help people get the right information that is useful to them.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 11, 2017
Great points. Thanks.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by adeoba2008(m): 10:38am On Nov 11, 2017
I still feel blogging should be niche based. The person that introduced me to Blogging has ran out of ideas. One thing that is necessary in Blogging is consistency and determination . Forget about money. I learn that lesson the hard way. thank God www.crmnigeria.com is back and better.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by dirolad(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2017
Swizbank:
it will surely affect it. Unless u use your friends name address and phone number. Anyone that matches yours will make u loose ur current account. They will send you back to your old
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by FitnessDoctor: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2017
Swizbank:

Buy one, it will cost you just 7k to 8k... I also sold mine sometime ago and I decided to buy another one rather than apply so that it wouldn't complicate things for me.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by Swizbank: 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

Buy one, it will cost you just 7k to 8k... I also sold mine sometime ago and I decided to buy another one rather than apply so that it wouldn't complicate things for me.
Thanks. Can u connect me to a real source where I can buy. Scammers full ground.
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by seuncyrus(m): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
Stop copy and paste ...that's all

Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by rexandyke(m): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hello, there are a number of businesses you can start in Nigeria today and make money apart from blogging as blogging is very competitive now. They are actually online businesses but not Ponzi or investment schemes.
Visit this link
http://www.andyke.com/2017/04/top-online-businesses-to-start-today-in.html
and thank me later as usual grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by drmingler(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Cash Network CPA Verified Account Needed Urgently Contact Me On Whatsapp 07062235480 If You Have
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by AliJohn(m): 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
tobigram..com
pls review..its a 4days blog
Re: 5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger by UnknownT: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
The ones that post fake news just for traffic nko?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Godaddy.com Issue. / 7 Mistakes You're Making That Drives Away Visitors From Your Blog / Blog Review?.. Drop Your Url.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.