Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? (1684 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by helpishere(m): 1:55am On Nov 13, 2017
Have we really asked ourselves this question? Is God accepting our tithes? If he does, then these pastors will not do what they are doing with the tithes. God said that we should not bring to his house anything that has blemish, that means stolen goods, deceitful gains and even money made from prostitution. But we have all sinned and are trying to bribe God by bringing money gained by illegal means to sway God. As for the sheepies, they have missed the point. The levites in today's Christianity are those that render service in the church, choir, ushers and sweepers. These are the levites and they are supposed to collect all the tithe offered by the people and then give 10% to the pastor or GO. But in this current case, the GO collects all the tithes and leave the offering to the local church . That is why God's wrath is not falling on the Pastors because the people giving these tithes are not sincere. Jeremiah warned us in chapter 7 from verse 1-12: https://m.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Jeremiah-7-1-12
Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by Martinez19(m): 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I fear for Freeze's safety
hmmmmmm, if you try to speak against hard drugs and discourage it's use among people, just know that drug Lords might be planning your murder. I fear that the same might apply to those, who like freezy, are threats to pastorpreneurs' ventures. embarassed sad
Re: Will The Issue Of Tithe Lead To The Death Of Nigerian Pentecostal Christianity? by CoolUsername: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I fear for Freeze's safety

Underrated comment. If his followership becomes too big or too disruptive, these guys can seriously fvck him up. They have the means.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shiloh 2017 First Message By Dr. David O. Oyedepo / Can We Live With These Muslims In Nigeria (nigeria V.s Lebanon) / What Role Has Jesus Played In Our Knowing God Before God Sent Him To Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.