Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Giant Of Africa (pics) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giant Of Africa (pics) (13733 Views)

I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / 2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by LeSudAfricaine: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2017
Mzansian:

I destroyed you on that other thread and you are now following me around grin Stockholm syndrome? grin
stockholm syndrome, yoh uyandibulala vandaag, lol

2 Likes

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2017
Uchechih:
Maybe we made a mistake by kicking whites too earlysad see SA

1 Like

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Mzansian(f): 5:14am On Nov 17, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
stockholm syndrome, yoh uyandibulala vandaag, lol

grin grin
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by ContSy: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2017
The ANC government has been working very hard to improve the Ghettos as well. They deserve credit.

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by ContSy: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2017
New Malls, Theaters, Numerous Public Transport Initiatives (ReaVaya, replacing all unroadworthy taxis with new ones etc). Paving all roads, even the ones that lead to your house, not just main roads, Side walks, street lights. Soweto even has bicycle lanes today, When ANC took over, Soweto was just a dusty township now there is clean water & electricity and all this new infrastructure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by ContSy: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2017
I'm going to create a post 'South African Ghettos VS Nigeria' to squash the Idea that blacks in SA are riding on whites coattails. We should compare black areas in SA vs Black areas in Lagos. The mall I posted which was developed by Mr. Maponya (a black south african) s#!ts on every mall in Victoria Island. and VI is supposedly the 'Sandton' of Lagos. Lmao grin ... Then again, I'm not gonna waste my time coz Soweto would win on every front. Pictured here is public transport and an up maket mall in VI, you can do the comparison.

1 Like

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by LeSudAfricaine: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
ContSy:
I'm going to create a post 'South African Ghettos VS Nigeria' to squash the Idea that blacks in SA are riding on whites coattails. We should compare black areas in SA vs Black areas in Lagos. The mall I posted which was developed by Mr. Maponya (a black south african) s#!ts on every mall in Victoria Island. and VI is supposedly the 'Sandton' of Lagos. Lmao grin ... Then again, I'm not gonna waste my time coz Soweto would win on every front. Pictured here is public transport and an up maket mall in VI, you can do the comparison.
chilling brutal honesty, hmm. May I ask where are you from?
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by mofedamijo(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
ContSy:
There is no point doing that,we dont have white area in nigeria,we re 99.9% blacks......however stop comparing southie to naija in terms of infrastructure southie is far ahead,i do visit southie often n will be back to southie soonest,its beautiful,n to be sincere i prefare southie to some Eastern European countries trust me,give me chicago n Cape Town n watch me jump on SAA straight to j’burg,as a matter of fact i might marry a southie or swazi lady.....lol,part of my blood is southie,part naija,sawubona.
Nore:dont discredit lagos,lagos is beautiful most of my southie friends love lagos too,if u want to really enjoy lasgidi,there re so many places beautiful places on the island,but if u don’t frequent island u wont know...
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2017
mofedamijo:

There is no point doing that,we dont have white area in nigeria,we re 99.9% blacks......however stop comparing southie to naija in terms of infrastructure southie is far ahead,i do visit southie often n will be back to southie soonest,its beautiful,n to be sincere i prefare southie to some Eastern European countries trust me,give me chicago n Cape Town n watch me jump on SAA straight to j’burg,as a matter of fact i might marry a southie or swazi lady.....lol,part of my blood is southie,part naija,sawubona.
Nore:dont discredit lagos,lagos is beautiful most of my southie friends love lagos too,if u want to really enjoy lasgidi,there re so many places beautiful places on the island,but if u don’t frequent island u wont know...
Nice write-up but I think you ruined when you complained about not having YT.There are African countries with decent infrastructure that have little and next to zero white population

1 Like

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by LeSudAfricaine: 3:32am On Nov 20, 2017
Jayceon:
Nice write-up but I think you ruined when you complained about not having YT.There are African countries with decent infrastructure that have little and next to zero white population
Nigerians and white people sha!

1 Like

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by mofedamijo(m): 7:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Jayceon:
Nop uve mixed it up,the post stated balck areas in southie vs black areas in 9ja,am tryna say there is no such tin as black area in 9ja,every area is black,jux like say8ng white area in Liechtenstein,every area ther is white.....so no point saying white area again,gat me?
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by ContSy: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
chilling brutal honesty, hmm. May I ask where are you from?

I'm from Soweto. I don't like the perception that Soweto is far behind in terms of development because its mostly a black township. Soweto isn't even a slum, its 95% brick & mortar houses. There wer more slums before the world cup.

I think the majority of the people need to work on their mindset. Many wait for the government to change their lives. There are so many opportunities but they don't see them. Instead foreigners are seizing those opportunities. Then there are 'black diamonds' who are climbing the corporate larder, many of them move to Sandton as soon as they are well off. I'm one of them, at the moment, I've got one foot in Sandton & another one in Soweto.

The people need to work on themselves, stop blaming the government, whites, Pakistanis, Chinese, Somalis, Nigerians, Zimbabweans when they are the problem.
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Nigeriadondie: 8:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nigeria is a great place, there are several other places besides Abuja and Lagos which are never mentioned. There's Jos, Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Taraba etc all these places are cool. Let's not forget Delta and co.

The fact that many Nigerians seem ignorant doesn't mean the country isn't good. You will see a typical Nigerian telling you that eating goat meat pepper soup of 10cedis in Ghana is cheap meanwhile he will get that for half the price in Nigeria and same quality but because it's 10cedis in Ghana and N500 in Nigeria he will foolishly tell you Ghana's is cheaper meanwhile if you convert the currency N500 is about 5 CEDIs

The average Nigerian is ignorant but if you visit the country you will understand this. That's why the internet doesn't do Nigeria justice.

Forget about male chauvinism, can't you see it's more or less stupidity? Females who know this live above it. Behind the self entitlement is a very weak self esteem

That said, the land called Nigeria is "Green" meaning there's so much to do here and it's unfortunate that many Nigerians expect to be spoon fed to harness the good of the land. Why else will we have foreigners living and making it big here? Many have even naturalized

As incredible as it may seem to some myopic folks there are many US, UK, Canadian citizens living, working and settled here.

You should pay us a visit

Do u ask yourself why few not many as u have exaggerated have naturalized? Of course reality continually run away from u

Who are the categories of individuals who have naturalized?

The Lebanese, Indians and a handful of Syrians.

For your info, why many of them naturalize here is largely becos Nigeria is such a useless place with no regulations and as such these people can do as they like. These include tax evasion or tax related fraud, poor working conditions of staff, bribing of Immigration officials to get papers as well as capital flight due to transfer of hard currencies back to their home countries.

Ask any Nigerian who has worked for these set of people and u wud hear harrowing experiences of slavish and exploitative working conditions Nigerians are subjected in their own country by foreigners. These people wud never do such in their advanced countries with strict regulations and where laws are strictly enforced.

I have worked with Syrians and Indians though not Lebanese and we who have know exactly why these guys want to naturalize not for love of country. For them naturalizatuon is no big deal as long as they could retain the citizenship of their own country of birth.

U claim to ve travelled abroad and u spew out rubbish. Maybe Benin Rep, Somalia, Yemen all na abroad.
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Nigeriadondie: 8:37pm On Nov 20, 2017
tonididdy:
smh....Naija is done for, no way out.
how do we even first educate the mindset of the people...oh God end this world already!

OP please more pics of dubai or Amsterdam please
U no know say even Devil get hope pass Naija?
Naija is doomed far beyond redemption
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
Nigerians and white people sha!
chai undecided

1 Like

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Nigeriadondie: 12:36am On Nov 21, 2017
Pidgin2:

Nigeria is a great place, there are several other places besides Abuja and Lagos which are never mentioned. There's Jos, Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Taraba etc all these places are cool. Let's not forget Delta and co.

The fact that many Nigerians seem ignorant doesn't mean the country isn't good. You will see a typical Nigerian telling you that eating goat meat pepper soup of 10cedis in Ghana is cheap meanwhile he will get that for half the price in Nigeria and same quality but because it's 10cedis in Ghana and N500 in Nigeria he will foolishly tell you Ghana's is cheaper meanwhile if you convert the currency N500 is about 5 CEDIs

The average Nigerian is ignorant but if you visit the country you will understand this. That's why the internet doesn't do Nigeria justice.

Forget about male chauvinism, can't you see it's more or less stupidity? Females who know this live above it. Behind the self entitlement is a very weak self esteem

That said, the land called Nigeria is "Green" meaning there's so much to do here and it's unfortunate that many Nigerians expect to be spoon fed to harness the good of the land. Why else will we have foreigners living and making it big here? Many have even naturalized

As incredible as it may seem to some myopic folks there are many US, UK, Canadian citizens living, working and settled here.

Ur comments lacks truth, sense and reality and that is y most times u cant even get a like cry
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by mofedamijo(m): 12:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
Jayceon:
You got it twisted,am saying we dont have white or black area in 9ja,all na black area,its like saying white area in Liechtenstein.....there is no such tin,coz all d area na white...
Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by LeSudAfricaine: 2:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
ContSy:

I'm from Soweto. I don't like the perception that Soweto is far behind in terms of development because its mostly a black township. Soweto isn't even a slum, its 95% brick & mortar houses. There wer more slums before the world cup.

I think the majority of the people need to work on their mindset. Many wait for the government to change their lives. There are so many opportunities but they don't see them. Instead foreigners are seizing those opportunities. Then there are 'black diamonds' who are climbing the corporate larder, many of them move to Sandton as soon as they are well off. I'm one of them, at the moment, I've got one foot in Sandton & another one in Soweto.

The people need to work on themselves, stop blaming the government, whites, Pakistanis, Chinese, Somalis, Nigerians, Zimbabweans when they are the problem.
where in Soweto mate?

2 Likes

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Tuksgrad(f): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2017
LeSudAfricaine:
where in Soweto mate?

Lagos grin. I will bet a million nairas on it grin grin, so many things point to that on his statements .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
ContSy:

You from Soweto ?? ??

4 Likes

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Chauke(m): 5:20am On Dec 02, 2017
fuckpro:
...you will better understand this in the light of Cape Town being administered by Democratic Alliance (DA) and not the ANC also a white dominated suburb like Durban North is DA enclave,
The whites would never allow the ANC come ruin things for them that's the beauty of south Africa,

They ruined the country by opening the boarders to surplus people adding no value to its development.

2 Likes

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by TWoods(m): 6:39am On Dec 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

How? Just what the heck are you talking about? Is there a Nigeria only you have been to? I mean dear God... we can't even run a half decent airline and yet Ethiopia and Kenya have one! What are you smoking?

1 Like

Re: Giant Of Africa (pics) by Ndipe(m): 11:42am On Jan 04, 2021
The pictures are very nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Carrier: Sirika Meets Aircraft Manufacturers Investors In UK / Commercial Bus Catches Fire In Surulere, Lagos Last Night / Peace Mass Transit Boss, Onyishi Honoured With NANS' Highest Medal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.