Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 (5948 Views)

My Father Called Me Mother One Day On The Phone / Is Bishop David Oyedepo's Church Indirectly Glorifying Satan(photos) / Her Boyfriend Called Me: You Are Not Safe! Pls Help Me O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by joshO: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
The strange thing is how they "remain convinced" it's my bossom friend that did it. My dad/mum was asking
the dude to confess, that the voice was exact!! Till today! Logic flies out the window with parents sometimes.

All I can say is that you give them space to "reflect' on their own failings. With time, they'll come round.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by tayo4me(f): 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
woye77:

@paxson - let's look at this story from another angle - how are you sure that your girlfriend's mum was actually duped by 419? She may have cooked up th story in order to give her daughter an excuse to dump you for another man - it seems their is more to their reaction than meets the eye

Exactly wot I wuz about to write. If dis story is true den it's possible both daughter n mother r playin u!
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by aktolly54(m): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
your girlfriend mom dont want you beside her daughter that is why she cooked the story,her daughter knows about it and i will strongly advise you to back off. the question is why did her mum dont call your own stored number that was called latershe should have imformed her daughter about it as she was about to send $10,000 card and tell her that you need the money. THAT GIRL IS NOT YOUR WIFE so back off. DONT RETURN ANYTHING BACK SINCE YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT, you can investigate whether her mum truly send card to someone and where she bought the card need to be known. find out and let see the truth. who was there when her mother send the cards. check the sent messenge on her phone and see.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by SwtzMinx(f): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
.d mum hs pr0lly f0und someone else. . .she's just l0oking 4 a way to dump u. . .lol.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by usbcable(m): 8:54pm On Mar 23, 2010
after reading more posts on this thread i tend to believe that your GF's mum is actually trying to con you or both you and your GF.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by CHARLOE(m): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2010
I don't think ur gf's mum's lying, cos similar thing hap to me som yrs ago. was into recharge card biz then. someone (suspect someone around my str that knows me well) called my sales girl mimicking my voice (she swore it sounded exactly like mine) and mentioning some personal stuff bout me b4 demanding for ten N1,500 cards. Fortunately/unfortunately, she had just 4 (that's 6k worth) and sent them, b4 calling me (like ur moda inlaw) y do dey always do dat?. When i asked y she didn't call my num b4 sending dem, she said d impersonator told her my/his battery was down.
My advice is to try and explain to ur girl it's a common 419 trick that's hap to lots of folk. But if she's still unreasonable then bone her! u'll get some1 better. Like som1 said earlier, hussle well, try hammer so this kind of bull won't hap in d future. Cos imagine if u've dashed her like N10,000 b4, wld she doubt u?
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 24, 2010
@OP,
You've fallen for the oldest trick in the world.
Your mum-in-law to-be has played a fast one on you. . .move on.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 5:46am On Mar 24, 2010
@charloe, u slightly gt it wrong somwher, she knws i wok in a financial instution, aint gat a poor background at all, above average, so m comfortable n contentd wit wot i gat, fink theres more to it, @aktolly54, dts a gud one.tnx, @josho.tayo4me.swtzminz n bluediva, tnx.al ur advic dsav to b trtd n rgardd in d way specified
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by justwise(m): 8:32am On Mar 24, 2010
@op

Send them(ur gf n her mum) a txt message, ask them why they are refusing to pick your call, reinforce it again that you got nothing to do with issue and wish them good luck in life then DELETE their numbers and MOVE ON!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Drunk: 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2010
@Topic
If your female finds it hard to believe you and all efforts are turned down, then you can always move on. After all, your mind is sure clear about this, but are you folks just dating that she doesn't trust you so much not to do something as nasty as those folks deed?
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by sley4life(m): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
there ar many fishes in the river, so take it easy
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by hermosa(f): 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
ouch, im guessin u like the gurl and her mom a lot or u wouldn't keep callin back, so i suggest u go over to their place, talk to them and also maybe give 'em money, like N10,000 grin
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2010
hermosa:

ouch, im guessin u like the gurl and her mom a lot or u wouldn't keep callin back, so i suggest u go over to their place, talk to them and also maybe give 'em money, like N10,000 grin

There is no point giving them any money. . . that will send a wrong message
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2010
@justwise, snt d gurl a six pages txt msgs som couple of daz bk exemplifyin ma fury, n lettin her knw d kinda trauma she n her mum don cause to my health, d level of prejudice is jst unintelligent n brainless, v nt gottn ny rply frm her uptil nw, but v not snt d mum a txt, bt,somtin dt amazd me most was on monday whn d younga sis told me dt she told d mum to her face dt i can neva do such tin, n told me to leave evrytin for God, nywaz,al am tryin to do nw is to see d mum inoda to discern myslf frm sigma n false assertion she levd against me, gats to let her knw dt i knw nofin bout it, afta i gat nofin to do wit d family, @drunk,sley4life,hermosa, tnx 4 ur advice.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by justwise(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2010
paxson:

@justwise, snt d gurl a six pages txt msgs som couple of daz bk exemplifyin ma fury, n lettin her knw d kinda trauma she n her mum don cause to my health, d level of prejudice is jst unintelligent n brainless, v nt gottn ny rply frm her uptil nw, but v not snt d mum a txt, bt,somtin dt amazd me most was on monday whn d younga sis told me dt she told d mum to her face dt i can neva do such tin, n told me to leave evrytin for God, nywaz,al am tryin to do nw is to see d mum inoda to discern myslf frm sigma n false assertion she levd against me, gats to let her knw dt i knw nofin bout it, afta i gat nofin to do wit d family, @drunk,sley4life,hermosa, tnx 4 your advice.

Listen, you have done enough, don't get worked out again, leave them ad their conscience. Stop txting and calling any of them, she can give her daughter to the highest bidder
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2010
@justwise, thats a wise one, Thanks,
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by hermosa(f): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
welcome. grin
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by justwise(m): 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2010
paxson:

@justwise, thats a wise one, Thanks,

Its all good man, life is too short to waste with somebody who got no time to waste wth u
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by joshua6: 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
Sorry, my friend. Give them some time.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by alldone(m): 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
one must be careful, they come in different shades.
it will heal with time. this is were trust come in.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 6:19am On Mar 25, 2010
@aldone, xtremely careful
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by jumie(f): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2010
@ Poster,

Why don't you go and visit your girl in school, see her in person and explain what you have to. You don't have to say anything about you being disappointed with her attitude etc Only let her know that you were not the one who duped her mum.

I suggest you may need to go and see her mum, and explain yourself. When you are going, make sure you get some gifts she would appreciate something not so cheap and not so expensive. I will not advise that you give her N10,000, it will only send a wrong message. Buy her gifts (e.g Ankara or lace material or jewelry), wrap it up and after you have said all you have to say, present the gift to her. if she accepts it good, if not then move on!
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by justwise(m): 10:53am On Mar 25, 2010
jumie:

@ Poster,
Why don't you go and visit your girl in school, see her in person and explain what you have to. You don't have to say anything about you being disappointed with her attitude etc Only let her know that you were not the one who duped her mum.
I suggest you may need to go and see her mum, and explain yourself. When you are going, make sure you get some gifts she would appreciate something not so cheap and not so expensive. I will not advise that you give her N10,000, it will only send a wrong message. Buy her gifts (e.g Ankara or lace material or jewelry), wrap it up and after you have said all you have to say, present the gift to her. if she accepts it good, if not then move on!
Please for God sake! can you explain to me why he should do all that? He is not married to her, he never met the mum b4, she willingly and stup.idly gave her money to a strange caller, he has made an effort to explain to them, they refused to pick his calls or return his txt messages and now you want him to lick their boots to prove what?
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by agabaI23(m): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2010
Poster,

Do not pay any dime to them. I had been in the same situation before though a different scenario.

If you pay back assuming they were really defrauded, you would have no way to clear your name from such.

If they were not defrauded, to them you are desperate and not man enough.

Just move on with your live and forget the girl. She will come back to her senses.

Trust me if after 3 years and she cannot trust you, then you have no business marrying her. She did not even wanna hear from you ffs.

Haba, if you marry her, her mama will tell her when to make love to you and when not to. My hand no dey am.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by lizbetty: 11:54am On Mar 25, 2010
eyah, this is really bad.

some people no get conscience at all sad sad sad
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by chigir: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2010
my candid opinion,please,please,do not return the money because she will say u were the person that did it,and that your conscience is blaming you.i bet you,she will never have any regard for you if u return it,if no one wants to believe you,then forget it.
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2010
@chigir,agabal23 n justwise, thats xactly wot pple around av bn tellin me dt givin em bk d money means acceptance of d false allegation n indictment, @jumie, u gat a nice advice.bt i dnt tink al dos r neccessary, cos doin al dos stuf u mentiond, means som1 is sndin a off beam impression, u knw we human being r vary, dey may com out n say na guilty conscience dey wori him, u knw na, i lv evrytin to God sha, .tnx al for ur advic
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by woye77: 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2010
@paxson - i agree with the notion that you should dump the lady and the mother and move on with your life cause like i said, there is more to their reaction but before you break off finally, send both of them one last text message to let them know that you are aware of their ploy and you are leaving them to God - that would forever prick their conscience sad
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by Damysa(f): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
These things are very rampant these days, one just have to be very careful. But I dont just know why your gf and her mom are so indifferent. Ditch them for all i care if they dont wanna hear u out.

The mail below was written by one of my colleague who had an encounter with them last week
@all BEWARE .

PLEASE BE ALERT TO PRANKS OF FRAUDSTERS

This is a recent mail from someone who was nearly scammed.
Beware and Be Vigilant.

It all started when I received a call from someone
claiming that he was from the telephone service provider and
he asked me to shutdown my phone for 2 hours for 3g
update to take place. As I was rushing for a meeting,
I did not question and shutdown my cell phone.

After 45 minutes I felt very suspicious since the caller did not
even introduce his name. I quickly turned on my cell phone
and I received several calls from my family members and the
others were from the number that had called me earlier -

I called my parents and I was shocked that they sounded
very worried asking me whether I am safe, My parents told me
that they had received a call from someone claiming that
they had me with them and asking for money to let me free.
The call was so real and my parents even heard 'my
voice' crying out loud asking for help. My parent was at
the bank waiting for next call to proceed for money
transfer. I told my parents that I am safe and asked them
to lodge a police report.

Right after that I received another call from the guy asking me to
shutdown my cell phone for another 1 hour which I refused to
do and hung up. They keep calling my cell phone until the
battery had run down. I myself lodged a police report and I
was informed by the officer that there were many such scams
reported. MOST of the cases reported that the victim had
already transferred the money! And it is impossible to get
back the money.

Be careful as this kind of scam might happen to any of us!!!
Those guys are so professional and very convincing during
calls. If you are asked to shut down your cell phone for
updates by the service provider, ASK AROUND! Your family or
friends might receive the same call.

Be Safe and Stay Alert!

Please pass around to your family and friends!
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by whiteroses(f): 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2010
she basically got fukked in the as/s how could she fall for such trick lol
Re: My Girlfriend Mum Indirectly Called Me A 419 by paxson: 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
@woye, already typed the two pages text, m sending it tonight, thanks for the advice.
@whiteroses, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage Dilemma / Happy Birthday Edwife! / Ugandan Govt pleads for larger condom size for their men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.