Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? (915 Views)

Did Wizkid Revive Duncan Mighty's Career? See What Nigerians Are Saying / Wizkid Shades Davido For Dissing His AFRIMA Awards [PICS] / Seyi Shay Falls On Stage At AFRIMA 2017 While Performing (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by hennyholla17(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
When u look at the category. with sings like mad over u, fall, pain killer and rara. It's sumhow hard to believe WizKid deserves dat award for come closer. Opinions are allowed
Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
hennyholla17:
When u look at the category. with sings like mad over u, fall, pain killer and rara. It's sumhow hard to believe WizKid deserves dat award for come closer. Opinions are allowed
wizkid deserves it more next is davido...tekno rara is d worst in dat category

2 Likes

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by GloriaNinja(f): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
WIZKID IS BETTER THAN FROG VOICE

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by verygudbadguy(m): 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2017
First, the category is best male and not best song. In my own opinion, the category bothers on delivery, recognition and sales.
I think Wiz deserves it. He had come closer and it was worth more than any song to any African who appreciates recognition. The song was well delivered by Wiz. The Videos were lit. Song was certified Silver in the UK after selling 200,000. It was certified Gold after selling 500,000 in Canada.
Not to take away anything from Dav. He is a very hardworking Act. Wiz only has delivery/voice edge and luck too is another factor. Since Wiz met Drake, everything turned to gold for him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by josielewa(m): 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
the award is poo...davido deserved it more...believe me...from hits to tours...common he won mtv ema just today. at times i just laff at dis african awards...always rigged...that was how he rigged lastyears own b4 he was askedto give it to alikiba....he went international and couldnt win the international award...davido who stayed local won the international award...abeg..the whole award na scam...imagine tiwa beating simi...cmon...

2 Likes

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by internationalman(m): 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
People keep hyping 'come closer' by Wizkid.
I have never heard dat song played on any platform in the village I stay.

But in the Same village children and old people sing and groove to 'if' and 'fall' as if dey were Davido himself.

And also the keep saying Wizkid is more lyrical than Davido, truth b told Davido is even more lyrical. All Wizkid do nowadays is shout 'oh yeah yeah na na na no no'

If u can't appreciate music for its lyrics and message at least you should appreciate it for its rhythm.
so I appreciate Davido's songs for its rhythm.

honestly I don't know how to appreciate Wizkid songs cos it got no rhythm nor lyrics.

2 Likes

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by JayCynic(m): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by JayCynic(m): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
internationalman:
People keep hyping 'come closer' by Wizkid.
I have never heard dat song played on any platform in the village I stay.

But in the Same village children and old people sing and groove to 'if' and 'fall' as if dey were Davido himself.

And also the keep saying Wizkid is more lyrical than Davido, truth b told Davido is even more lyrical. All Wizkid do nowadays is shout 'oh yeah yeah na na na no no'

If u can't appreciate music for its lyrics and message at least you should appreciate it for its rhythm.
so I appreciate Davido's songs for its rhythm.

honestly I don't know how to appreciate Wizkid songs cos it got no rhythm nor lyrics.

You are a fool to say that wizkid is lyrical, you are even a bigger fool probably an imbecillle to say Davido is more lyrical. Wizkid and Davido are two blockheads who deserve nothing. Davido is lyrical really? Tell me one meaningful sentence from If and Fall on You. Go and find out the meaning of lyricism from M.I and Vector before commenting rubbish. Dollophead

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by internationalman(m): 12:05am On Nov 13, 2017
JayCynic:

You are a fool to say that wizkid is lyrical, you are even a bigger fool probably an imbecillle to say Davido is more lyrical. Wizkid and Davido are two blockheads who deserve nothing. Davido is lyrical really? Tell me one meaningful sentence from If and Fall on You. Go and find out the meaning of lyricism from M.I and Vector before commenting rubbish. Dollophead
If you would've just read properly to understand the context of my passage, u would know that I actually meant dat none of them are lyrically sound.

For two students that are d most dullest in class, one is still less duller than the other. That's why chose Davido.

But b4 reigning insult on someone on social media, just ask yourself this question ''would I b able to insult this person one on one in another setting other than social media''

goodnight.

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by Ursulaa(f): 1:14am On Nov 13, 2017
josielewa:
the award is poo...davido deserved it more...believe me...from hits to tours...common he won mtv ema just today. at times i just laff at dis african awards...always rigged...that was how he rigged lastyears own b4 he was askedto give it to alikiba....he went international and couldnt win the international award...davido who stayed local won the international award...abeg..the whole award na scam...imagine tiwa beating simi...cmon...
U were making a little sense until u decided to mention Tiwa,common sense fall on u

1 Like

Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by LesbianBoy(m): 1:20am On Nov 13, 2017
I think it's because davido has won so many of their awards they just decided to award wizkid so it won't look like "ojoro" even though everyone knows davido had a better year
Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by HyconMojo(m): 1:26am On Nov 13, 2017
Imagine Come Closer ft Drake in African Awards ! They shouldn't have nominated it in the first place.Yet this same music never won it in Europe MTV, Davido won it so this simply shows Africans lack styles.They could have just called Drake on stage for the award
Re: Did Wizkid Really Deserve His AFRIMA Award??? by OKorowanta: 6:35am On Nov 13, 2017
Come closer is a huge international song anytime anyday and d man behind it is Wizkid who is an African.
So what's wrong when an African man wins an African award?
Not even Ojuelegba made Beyonce and Nicki Minaj to doff their hat for Wizkid by getting into the vocal boot with him but come closer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Forget #BAAD2017 Agbada, Ebuka Has Been A Legend In Agbada Fashion(photos) / See This Meme About Efe / Bobrisky Trolls Billionaire Son Paddy Adenuga..(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.