Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

BTW Hausa And Yorba, Who Actually Owns Agbada Dressing - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / BTW Hausa And Yorba, Who Actually Owns Agbada Dressing (2005 Views)

5 Nigerian Cities With The Highest Level Of Indecent Dressing Among Ladies / Enugu Police Arrest Two Ladies Walking On The Road For Indecent Dressing / Lady Nearly Flogged By Rev. Father Over Her Dressing Slammed By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BTW Hausa And Yorba, Who Actually Owns Agbada Dressing by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 13, 2017
I don't intend causing another Nigerian civil war nor tribal war. but just wanna ask where the Agbada dressing actually originated from.
like we all know tying of wrapper by men and wearing cap and holding walking stick is to the urhobos and most places in the Niger delta, Aseoke to the yorubas, long flowing gowns (Senegalese) to the houses, etc. so please let's debate the true owners of Agbada because I see it generally used by both Hausas and yorubas and of recent becoming a general trend although I don't like it.

lalastical
mynd44
Re: BTW Hausa And Yorba, Who Actually Owns Agbada Dressing by libertyfather(m): 4:58am On Nov 13, 2017
Awa Yoruba lani, Hausa own is danshiki
Re: BTW Hausa And Yorba, Who Actually Owns Agbada Dressing by emmie14: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2017
It belongs to Hausas. By borrowing Islamic religion from the north, south westerns also borrowed culture and related dressing. Next!!
Re: BTW Hausa And Yorba, Who Actually Owns Agbada Dressing by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 13, 2017
Wat are you proof that it belong to either Yoruba or Hausa

(1) (Reply)

Latest Lace Gown Styles 2021 | 70 Beautiful And Trendy Lace Gown Styles / Learn How To Cut And Sew / Do You Wax?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.