Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire (49899 Views)

Queen Aanu Introduces New Man To Her Family / African American Tourists Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) / 'I Belong To Every Race' - Oluwo Of Iwo Says As He Rocks Traditional Igbo Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by thesuave10(m): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
chris4gold:
You sure say na you be father of those kids? Question o... b4 your people kom dey use question for question on me.

You sure say you get sense?

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by blackbeau1(f): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
When your village people are trying to bring you home to frustrate you

3 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Sirheny007(m): 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
ChilledPill:
Odogwu Ibu onye isi for remembering your root and not also forgetting your beautiful cultural attire.....

But Biko don't try to stay too long in the zoo to avoid stories ooooo...

Greettings to every hustling Igbo men and women all over the world ka chukwu gozie anyi ma tinye ndi iro anyi na confusion.... iseeee

Tinye ndi iro anyi na confusion..

4 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
IamLaura:
All of you Africans and Nigerians that take ur culture for granted and wish to leave and abandon ur country cos of the poor standard of living won't understand how this man feels.
Imagine being born without any roots,not knowing where ur ancestors come from,no culture and being treated like slaves in your own "country".
Nigeria may be bad but at least I'm Igbo and I identify with my culture.Thats something money can never buy.
Nice one by Our Lost Brother.
and with roots, it makes u prosper abi?

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by moorevic(m): 1:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
Whats our business with you coming back. inukwa
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by one4GOD(f): 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
An African American man from Abia state has said that he's visiting Nigeria next year 2018 after being based in the United States all his life. David Love who is a US citizen, said his ancestors were captured/shipped to America for slavery and worked on a plantation so that he might return to his homeland one day as his relatives have provided him with traditional attire for him to dress like an Igbo man in the US.

Below is what he shared on Facebook;

I am African American but my ancestor was captured and shipped to North America for enslavement. It was here that my ancestor survived on a slave plantation in Virginia so that I might one day return to my homeland. I am descended from the Igbos of Umuahia and my clan is within Umuopara.

My DNA has been connected my distant cousin Obie Uwadineke who is from Umunwanwa. Mazi Ikem C. Eronini has provided me with the clothing so that I can dress as an Igbo man. I am returning 2018 to visit.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/i-coming-back-home-says-nigerian-man-based-us-life-photos.html
you berra remain there, here no be joke oooo. everywhere cast as I type now.
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by silasweb(m): 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Welcome home

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by delugajackson: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
Come make mosquito chop that your fine face.

2 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by ivolt: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
IamLaura:
All of you Africans and Nigerians that take ur culture for granted and wish to leave and abandon ur country cos of the poor standard of living won't understand how this man feels.
Imagine being born without any roots,not knowing where ur ancestors come from,no culture and being treated like slaves in your own "country".
Nigeria may be bad but at least I'm Igbo and I identify with my culture.Thats something money can never buy.

He has a root, he is a descendant of slaves.

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Kendroid: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by aguiyi2: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
Better stay where you are to avoid stories that touch.
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Lilimax(f): 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
efighter:
His village people has finally gotten him. Come home and lets see how many months your Oyinbo wife will spend in darkness, heat, bad roads, no water, no light before she runs back to Oyinbo land that is if your kidnapping brothers do not kidnap you from airport.
grin
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
UR BLOODER DEY HERE DEY CALL AWA COUNTLY ZOO, U WAN COM ENTER THE ZOO....
OK OOOOO

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by ofuonyebi: 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
Honestly, you have shown the character of a great man!...who is proud of his divine colour!

others like you will prefer to die in US with the fake US citizen tag!...forgetting that one day, they will tell them the slavery story!

I congratulate you for your brave decision...afterall you have beaten the the oyinbo slave masters to their game..

with 3-white oyinbo; wife and 2-children coming back home with you; nna, you have avenged the loss and shame of your fathers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by KardinalZik(m): 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ogbeni, STAY WHERE YOU ARE.

2 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by diplomat058(m): 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Just tell him not to tear his US passport.

He is going need it again in a not more than Seven days after he lands in Nigeria. grin

5 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by deedy111: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
NIGERIA IS NO HOME, YOUR ANCESTORS WHERE SHIPPED AGAINST THIER WILL, NOWADAYS WE PAY TO BE SHIPED THERE UNDER DEADLY CIRCUMSTANCES, I GUESS YOUR ANCESTORS AREN'T REGRETTING, BUT IF YOU DO COME BACK, YOU WILL DEFINITELY REGRET

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by anochuko01(m): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
taguafuo:

That is Nigeria failing to provide the most basic things for it's citizen. You wonder why people want Biafra
so its Nigeria that asked Rochas to spend 500milliin on statues abi.
its Nigeria that says brothers like wike and amaechi should turn sworn enemies shey,
Being given Biafra wouldn't change these people's DNA nor Brain...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
darfay:
Abeg can we switch places for a week I promise to honour the agreement grin grin

See wetin recession dey cause grin

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by anonimi: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
Unfortunately many are shipping themselves to obodo oyinbo voluntarily as slaves through various means even at great risk of dying.

todaynewsreview:
The bodies of at least 74 migrants have been washed ashore in western Libya, in the latest tragedy along the dangerous trafficking route to Europe. The Libyan Red Crescent posted photos of dozens of bodies in black and white bags lined up along the shore near the western city of Zawiya.
A spokesman for the aid organisation said there were still bodies floating out at sea as the agency had no way of retrieving them. He said the migrants were all adults, mostly from sub-Saharan African countries, and all but three were men.
The UN migration agency, the International Organisation of Migration (IOM), said the dinghy had set off on Saturday with 110 people on board. The agency said traffickers deliberately took the engines from the boat and then abandoned it to drift.

http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/3051/tragedy-bodies-of-migrants-wash-ashore-en-route-europe-photo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4901723_z1_jpegff7a94c52111caf03b4bc410211e9b89

3 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Awoofawo(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
sinaj:
Coming back to posess his possessions grin
The suffer, suffer heads, e go meet for ground...God help him, make dem no kill am like dem do the others that visit potopoto republic recently and whose demise we all read about here on Nairaland...... I dey already pity the guy! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
chris4gold:
You sure say na you be father of those kids? Question o... b4 your people kom dey use question for question on me.
Oga you need to study more on how genetics work. something obvious is looking at you in the eyes and you still de ask question one small pikin for kindergarten nor go ask undecided I shame for you o.

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by 123papas(m): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2017
so all the yoruba people should return to Mecca since their ancestor is from Saudi Arabia?? Indeed, lets all return to Garden of Eden

2 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by nittroboy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
[/color] hope u dey run mad grin[color=#990000]

Homeboiy:
That is the exact reason I will trace my ancestors back to Senegal undecided

I no sure say I be pure Nigerian tongue
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Guyman02: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Nwanne you are highly welcome to Umuopara, Umuahia your ancestral land.
Igbo land will get better.

3 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by Lilimax(f): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
Bros, if you love yourself, better remain there because there arose up a new king over Egypt which knew not Joseph you Ancestor and is till on the throne (Exodus 1: cool

Bro, wait till the Lord said unto Moses you in Midian the US, Go, return into Egypt Nigeria: for all the men are dead which sought thy life. (Exodus 4:19)

Just my advice! smiley

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by YelloweWest: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
The truth is a lot of African Americans feel a deep sense of being lost in this world.

DNA is helping to breech that gap.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by erico2k2(m): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
jpphilips:
While there are tales of forceful abductions during the slave trade era, some of your ancestors were actually sold by their families. Before you embark on that Journey, find out which category your ancestors belong to or risk being resold.
Don't be miopic . This argument you ate bringin had been robustly disputed times without numbers . Reason being if there where European buyers there won't be sellers . So directly or u directly . The European s foiled the slave trade .
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by ChineduKodjoSha: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
IamLaura:
------
I salute any and all diaspora Afrikans who identify with their Ancestral roots and take steps to reconnect. I salute any and all Continental Africans (Naija or elsewhere)who recognize the diaspora's issues wirh rhe lost identity ....a crisis born out of European lust and deceit.... it's too bad this brother didn't think highly enough if himself or his culture or his ancestral roots, to marry a woman who shares his own hue .....but if he had....no1 would be talking too much about his desire and plan to come back to Nigeria and reconnect with his Igbo roots....
Naija
Biafra
Nigeria
West Afrika
1day....
United and Soverign at the same time
#nomorebloodshed

2 Likes

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by erico2k2(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
anonimi:
Unfortunately many are shipping themselves to obodo oyinbo voluntarily as slaves through various means even at great risk of dying.

How does one ship themselves abroad as slaves ?
As we speak is there no slave labour in Nigeria at the moment ? When you see a whole father of three diging foundation on a construction site and earning N3k max a day ?

1 Like

Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by shedy03(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Homeboiy:
That is the exact reason I will trace my ancestors back to Senegal undecided

I no sure say I be pure Nigerian tongue
Re: African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire by nwakibie3(m): 1:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
How I wish my ancestors were also shipped to the USA for slavery cry cry

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Igbos Always Travel Home During Christmas Period - Come Rain, Come Shine / Olori Ajoke, Alaafin Of Oyo's Last Wife, Stuns In New Photos / Dignitaries At The Burial Of Ooni Of Ife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.