Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha (489 Views)

Hushpuppi: Call For Probe Of Atiku, Saraki, Myself Is Laughable - Timi Frank / Breaking: Ihedioha Declares War On Statues Okorocha Molded- Picture / Buhari Family Owns Etisalat And Keystone Bank - Atiku Alleges, Calls For Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha by nairalandfreak(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2017
@NaijaNews
[img]https://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Outrage-on-twitter-as-Rochas-Okorocha-unveils-Jacob-Zuma-statue-in-Owerri.jpg[/img]

-Rochas Okorocha has welcomed the probe idea initiated by SERAP over the erection of statues in Imo state.

-The governor also denied owing workers’ salaries as claimed by SERAP.
Imo state government responds to call by SERAP for Okorocha’s probe.

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo state, has made himself available for probe over the statues he erected in honour of South Africa’s President Jacob Zuma and Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf.

Recall the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP), had on Sunday, accused Okorocha of wasting over N1billion of public funds over the statues for the two African leaders and thereafter called for a probe into his action.

But in a statement on Tuesday, Sam Onwuemeodo, chief press secretary to the governor, denied public fund was used to erect the images and further denied claims the state government was owing its workers’ salaries.

“First, we want to solemnly subscribe to SERAP’s call for probe. We welcome the call. Our only concern is that SERAP contradicted itself by also passing judgements,” the statement read.

“It would have stopped at the call for probe to show they meant well. But they went ahead to pass judgements and thereby jeopardising what should have been their innocent call for probe.

“SERAP also said the statues might have cost N1 billion. Then, how would SERAP address the issue of cost again if at the end of the probes, the amount is either far higher or far below what they quoted?

“Again, what if at the end of the probe, it is discovered that the statues were not funded from government’s purse, when SERAP had already talked about ‘apparent misuse of public resources’.

“Our concern too is that people deliberately tell unfounded lies. A week ago, all the newspapers had reports on states owing salaries and the chairman of the Imo State branch of NLC, Comrade Austin Chilakpa said the ‘state government is up to date in the payment of workers’ salary’ (see Nation newspaper, Sunday November 5, 2017, pg13).

“In other words, the state does not owe workers including teachers. On the issue of pension, the government cleared all the arrears in December 2016 and has begun to pay monthly. These pieces of information have been there in public domain.”

Source: https://www./news/30891-i-ready-probe-erection-statues-okorocha
Re: I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha by pyyxxaro: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2017
sad nor be only after erection of statue

Naaa after erection of peniis undecided

Yeye foowl
Re: I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha by Nbote(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2017
Probe ke!! Who's talking about probe... He shld b taken to Yabaleft first to determine if he's truly alright in d head before arresting him for stupidity
Re: I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha by amaco13: 11:17am On Nov 15, 2017
But Imo state is not owning salaries my sister do collect her own every month, but pensioners some of them were issued fake cheque.
Re: I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha by aolawale025: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2017
He can say all he wants because he knows the state house of assembly is lame
Re: I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha by BiafraIShere(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2017
Am I the only one seeing the collapse of Nigeria!? This country is heading for the rocks and nothing is being done to salvage it. The future I'm seeing is so horrible that we may tell children in the years to come that there was a time when Nigerians could afford to eat decent three square meals, pay rent, buy cars and build houses. Normal things of life that would then seem like a great achievement! The coming years are going to be so bad that many Nigerians may be crossing the border into neighbouring countries as economic refugees and the tragedy of it all is that even the neighbouring countries are already poverty stricken too!! Oh my God, it seems like 180 million people are already trapped waiting for their fate!
Re: I Am Ready For Probe Over Erection Of Statues – Okorocha by DaBillionnaire: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
erection of statues.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Police Was Ranked The Worst In The World / Anambra Election:billionaire Ifeanyi Ubah Casts His Vote(photos) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results – LATEST UPDATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.