Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Dino Melaye's New Constituency Office Marked For Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye's New Constituency Office Marked For Demolition (435 Views)

'Buhari Is Going With Yahaya Bello' - Dino Melaye's New Song (video, Photos) / Dino Melaye's Constituency Office Marked For Demolition By Yahaya Bello / Lady's Leg And Bag Spotted In Dino Melaye's New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's New Constituency Office Marked For Demolition by binsanni(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
The Kogi State Town Planning Development Board (TPDB) has marked the newly constructed constituency office of the Senator representing Kogi West in the National Assembly, Senator Dino Melaye for demolition.

This is the second time the constituency office located in Kabba would get the red pen of the Kogi TPDB, the earlier being when the building was undergoing construction.

Dino, who shared pictures of the building marked for demolition said “I alerted the public last week of the plan by Kogi State Govt. to demolish my properties across Kogi State. Today the Constituency office I built in Kabba has been marked.”

A source in the TPDB told our correspondent on Tuesday night that the embattled lawmaker failed to seek approval from the board before embarking on the said project.

“Let us put sentiments aside. Dino Melaye didn’t get our approval before erecting that building. Right from the foundation level, we instructed him to stop but he refused. We marked it severally, but he cleaned it up.

“Dino should stop playing politics just because he is having a rift with the governor. Governor Bello has nothing to do with this because we are professionals and you could ascertain the dangers of erecting illegal building in a place.

“His house is not the only one we marked, we also marked two commissioners’ houses for failing to meet the laid-down rules of Town Planning; so why is he personalizing the issue?

“We can’t put professionalism aside because of his political difference in the state. Nobody is above the law”. the source noted.

Meanwhile, there have been mixed reaction on social media over the proposed demolition of Senator Melaye constituency office.

Re: Dino Melaye's New Constituency Office Marked For Demolition by Queenlovely(f): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
A
Re: Dino Melaye's New Constituency Office Marked For Demolition by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
Good job by the Town Planners

"Let us put sentiments aside. Dino Melaye didn’t get our approval before erecting that building. Right from the foundation level, we instructed him to stop but he refused. We marked it severally, but he cleaned it up."

- Lawless Lawmaker angry

(1) (Reply)

My Ministers Are Performing Well, Says Buhari / Urhobo Youth Council Endorse Hon Evelyn Omavowan Oboro For Senate. / Corruption: Buhari Is Very Clean, I Can Bet My Life – Ex-petroleum Minister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.