Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) (39899 Views)

Taraba State University Bans Miniskirts, Baggy Jeans, Tattoos, Eye Lashes / Rivers State University Bans Spaghetti Gown, Nose Rings, Tattoos, Ankle Chain / Madonna University Bans Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by BetaThings: 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
No,but that does not mean the state should not make law that will govern her.

Go to Saudi with the bible let's see what will happened.

So contrary to what CAN has been saying, Nigeria is no longer a secular state ?
Nigerian now is a Christian theocratic state like Saudi is an Islamic theocratic state?
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
BetaThings:

So contrary to what CAN has been saying, Nigeria is no longer a secular state ?
Nigerian now is a Christian theocratic state like Saudi is an Islamic theocratic state?
Bro,every state has her own law,the laws in Enugu cannot apply to kebbi,the one in Niger state cannot work in Benue state.

Check all these all this things before you apply for admission or relocate.
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by GT07115: 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
pezeji:
notice to all students (male)... na who type dis kind english abeg
what do you expect, in a citadel of learning they can't construct simple grammar.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by BetaThings: 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
micflo28:
I am utterly ashamed with the comments of supposedly graduates here. My friends don't you guys think before you comment. Every student and staff fall under the university rule and the university is ought to train u in character and in learning. Beards especially heavy ones are are dirty, nasty and dishevelled and you look older than your age when you ought to look young and smart. Can you comfortably walk into Dangotes office to ask for a job with your chin and jaw filled with beards looking like an ancestor while Dangote himself looks young, crisp and smart. Forget about the certificate, if universities can get its graduate well trained character wise, we will have a country with sound minded individuals. I am strongly with the school on this one.

Actually you should be ashamed of your post
Are graduates recruited based on the way they appear in school?
Don't they have the opportunity to shave if they want to before attending an interview or beard is permanent like tattoos
And do you mean that BSU graduates have been losing job opportunities because of beard?
Or students of other universities who have not banned beard will now be at a disadvantage?

Let me see your post on the people who cover their bodies with tattoos or guys wearing earrings or men dressing like women
Advising them about the risk of not getting jobs!
I remember that Late Odimegwu Ojukwu was bearded, what did that cost him

The religious intolerant now masquerading as benevolent career advisors

5 Likes

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by BetaThings: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
micflo28:
Start showing me the beards of saraki, Dogara, buhari, sokoto state governor, kano state governor, kogi state governor, katsina state governor etc... SMH lipsrsealed undecided

You mean we can ban going to church because some people don't go?
Or that somebody doing something out of fashion is affected by a ban the same way as another who considers it a religious duty?
Excuses and rationalisations

How much progress the country will make when the mental energy applied to rationalise obstructionist policies is applied to making the country welcoming to all
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by BetaThings: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
Bro,every state has her own law,the laws in Enugu cannot apply to kebbi,the one in Niger state cannot work in Benue state.
Check all these all this things before you apply for admission or relocate.

Every state?
In Nigeria?
So how come people were able to legally protest when they were deported from Lagos to their state of Origin
No state make laws that contradict federal laws
Go and study the exclusive list of the Nigerian Constitution
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by sirjentul05(m): 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Thank God na for my prick I get my own thick beards
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by EngrBello(m): 7:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
Thats good for them...since I don't think they have any Muslims among them(people with thick beards)
If you see true and reasonable beard¿ It won't be hard to identify a real Muslims... but for those carrying that kind thick bia-bia...they are anti Islam or fashion guys....
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by IgedeBushBoy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
Which kain law be dis wan egen Why must BSU always remain archaic, ehn?
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by HolyTitus(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2017
Orisirisi!!! Wetin eye no go see; na so my skul too go dey ban face cap and knicker.
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by HolyTitus(m): 7:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
pezeji:
notice to all students (male)... na who type dis kind english abeg
i heard it that it was one Prof. Emef something.. The Head of Department; English and Linguistics, who put it into written before it was sent across for proper vetting, before it was pasted on the notice board. N.B. Abeg no be me o, na my keyboard dey press itself oo

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Uzoigwe1(m): 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nonsense!!

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
darlenese:
I support , how can a student be carrying thick bear bear upandown , u nevr hammer u won form beared gang who bear bear help
either you are crazy or you are mad!
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by samisj4real(m): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
Beardless Gang @work
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by itsRhamzy: 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2017
darlenese:
I support , how can a student be carrying thick bear bear upandown , u nevr hammer u won form beared gang who bear bear help
. Madam I don't understand why y'all getting worked up over this, is it your beard?
#beardgang
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
sounds like dictatorship
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Upnepaa(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
anti islam
hehe
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Roadmike(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
INTERESTING, SO WEARING LONG DIRTY AND BUSHY BEARD IS NOW SYNONYMOUS WITH ISLAM OR JIHADIST ?

DOES IT MEAN OJUKWU WAS ONCE ONE ?

BULL SHIT.
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by shallysgirl: 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
Great news wink
Hashimyussufamao:
anti islam
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Kingspin(m): 12:55am On Nov 16, 2017
DeutschJunge:
christanisation of Nigeria grin
Talk to Bokoharam and likes...
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2017
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by wizjid69: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2017
nairavsdollars:
The same law should also apply to female students keeping thicker bia bia for their underarm and kpekus. But who will volunteer to check it?
Lol...u dey craze ooo
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by goldedprince: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2017
[s]
bleskid:
i will soon drop out from that b.s.u---- nothing reasonable is there all them know is to froustrait student ...... and to make student life miserable ..... Stupid uni .... Mounderfucker cry i will soon drop out from that b.s.u---- nothing reasonable is there all them know is to froustrait student ...... and to make student life miserable ..... Stupid uni .... Mounderfucker
[/s]
Yes you really need to drop out and learn a trade, you are wasting your money going to school.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by bleskid: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2017
goldedprince:
[s][/s]
Yes you really need to drop out and learn a trade, you are wasting your money going to school.
thanks bro
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by darlenese(f): 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
itsRhamzy:
. Madam I don't understand why y'all getting worked up over this, is it your beard?
#beardgang

people like u don't even have a single beard sef

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hashimyussufamao:
anti islam
For security reasons students must obliged
Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Tayo9ja: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
As simple as 1-2-3!!!

Simply download the Watch and Win App on Google Playstore, Watch 2 Ads and stand a chance to win cash.

Click http:///wawdotng to register.

Hurry up and get started!

#WAW #Giveaway #Ad #Money #WinBig #wawdotng #WatchandWin

Re: Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo) by Constantine2: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2018
micflo28:
I am utterly ashamed with the comments of supposedly graduates here. My friends don't you guys think before you comment. Every student and staff fall under the university rule and the university is ought to train u in character and in learning. Beards especially heavy ones are are dirty, nasty and dishevelled and you look older than your age when you ought to look young and smart. Can you comfortably walk into Dangotes office to ask for a job with your chin and jaw filled with beards looking like an ancestor while Dangote himself looks young, crisp and smart. Forget about the certificate, if universities can get its graduate well trained character wise, we will have a country with sound minded individuals. I am strongly with the school on this one.
u are entitled to ur opinion my good man.. But note dat for d most part Una very wrong... Facial hair is a natural gift from God and doesn't signify all those things u mentioned if well groomed and kept. Men of renowned but in d history and now rocked full beards

Karl marx
D l moody
Hengel
Lincoln
David hume
Thomas paine
Prof Soyinka. All these rocked beards. Tell me of any so called person in Nigeria Dat can boast of greater acheivments Dan these men mentioned.
Even examplary biblical characters like David Abraham Moses even Jesus put on a beard. God didn't find it dirty or unwelcoming. Watch what u say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI / Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi Admission Info And Post Utme / UNN Best Graduating Students To Share N1.5k, N1k Cash Prizes - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.