Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

All The Women In Me Are Tired… - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All The Women In Me Are Tired… (542 Views)

All The Women I Ever Dated - NARCISSISM / All The Women I Ever Dated - NYSC Chronicles / Chimamanda Adichie At The Women Of The World Festival In London 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All The Women In Me Are Tired… by Oestrogentots: 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2017
I am tired of trying to explain my worth, tired of demanding that I be seen beyond my curves and beauty. I just want to be heard as human first and not defined by my hair, the shape of my face, the shade of my lipstick of even the miracle of my womb.

I stay up at night sometimes wondering if I would even be seen as actually angry for a “real” reason and not just “hormonal”. I wonder if marriage would eventually cease to be dinner conversation directed to hunt me. If truly I was brought to this world against my will for a purpose… I wonder if the stereotype of being a woman would hinder me from achieving this goal.

Would my life mean more than my kitchen prowess or my sexual skills or my ability to shut my legs properly while sitting? Maybe I’ll one day be expected to be more that just a female whose goal in life is just to raise a family.

Maybe I’ll eventually be seen as human and not a pair of breasts and buttocks, maybe on day I might be called intelligent and not “beauty with brains” *shudders* how I hate that word and how it makes me seem like it is an exceptional situation for one who is beautiful to be perceived as brainy.

Wonder why a man is never addressed as “handsome with brains” or why a man isn’t judged by his ability to cook delicacies for his family or his willingness to halt his career to build his home…

I spent my whole day wondering and frankly, every woman in me is exhausted.

https://oestrogenthoughts.

1 Like

Re: All The Women In Me Are Tired… by mikejj(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
grin grin stop worrying its all started from the garden of eden.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

~A Pin Of Pain~ Short Story By Anthcunny / New Literature Syllable Alert! / f

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.