Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

~A Pin Of Pain~ Short Story By Anthcunny - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ~A Pin Of Pain~ Short Story By Anthcunny (524 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

~A Pin Of Pain~ Short Story By Anthcunny by AnthCunny(m): 6:42am On Nov 27, 2017
~A PIN OF PAIN~
(A Short Fictious Story Series By Tony aka AnthCunny)
Episode 1
"Not this time! Why have this pen decided to start playing hide-and-seek?"
Just when I was about giving up, I saw the red Leo Smart pen beneath the sofa chair. Yes! A red coloured ink would just be perfect for this kind of letter.
I quickly tore out a clean sheet of paper and was about scribbling dow my proposed heavenly letter to God, when my emotions started betraying me again. A tear dropped on the sheet just as the Devil kept tormenting me on the 'everlasting' pain he had put me in.
Nevertheless, it would just be a matter of hours or rather days, or even weeks (not sure yet), and I will be in hell with the devil. Maybe telling him well done for the troubles that he has caused me.
Just before I started writing, I did a reflex check to confirm if the rat poison that I bought was still intact. Yes, it will soon be over.
Then I begun...
'Dear God,
It is with mixed feeling that I write to you. Actually, it is a privilege writing to you, because I know you will read this.
First of all, I want to thank you for the love you have been showering on me, ever since you brougt me to this world. It have been very evident in my life. Even, my friends are envious of me. May your name be blessed.
Funny enough, I never imagined that the trials and temptations in the Bible that you made mention of will befall me. Though my youth president in my church preached about it. It was until few years ago, that the Devil started with his troubles.
I just don't know why I fell for the trap of the Devil who came in form of Stino, my bestie. Maybe my christainity wasn't good enough! Or maybe you purposely allowed it. Or...( I don't just know...totally confused.
Anyways, the deed has been done. And no repair can be done.It's not like I am ignorant of your love for sinners...just that my case is just out of this world! My parents, friends, church members, even my dear youth president all see me as a 'good' person. They don't know that I am just a scape-goat that the Devi has used mercilessly!
Dear God, Why Me?
I have made up my mind. Yes! Not like am going to start asking for forgiveness. I am actually going to meet the Devil who has made me useless.
Maybe in my next world-if I should come again-I will become a better christain. I will serve you better and follow you to the end.
Thank you for never-dying love.
-From an unfaithful believer.'
Hmmmn...my eyes had already become very heavy with tears. I sighed, letting it all out while reaching for the T-shirt I had unconsciously pulled off to wipe off my tears.
As I was about folding the letter, Presido (as my youth president was fondly called) entered into my room without even knocking!
*To Be Continued*
Re: ~A Pin Of Pain~ Short Story By Anthcunny by AnthCunny(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
Episode 2
"Ah Davy boss! What's up?" He hailed me.
I just wished that I could tell him to back-off! I was not in the mood to see anybody.
"Davy..." He called back my attention.
"Oga Presido! Good evening sir" My voice spoilt everything.
It was already obvious that I have been sobbing.
As if all planned, sister Rita came knocking.
"Hello...Davy are you at home?" she called out, or rather screamed, with that her tiny voice that is as tiny as herself. I always teased her with this.
"Come in" Presido gave her the permission to enter.
"Ain't you coming for church labour?" she asked while takin a seat. Just then her instinct told her that something was amiss.
"Is everything all right?" she queried further.
Her voice alone was enough to remind me of the reason I was still at home instead of joinin them to church.
I slipped off the sofa chair. This time sitting on the bare floor while covering my face with my already-soiled T-shirt. My tears are too expensive for anyone to see.Sister Rita couldn't hold it anymore. She stood up to pick-up the letter I had carelessly left on the floor.'Why can't she just mind her business?.' I wondered.
I was about to stop her from picking the letter, but my pride wouldn't allow me to reveal my teary face.
A curious Presido inquired, "what's that?"
"Let's see" Sister Rita eased his curiousity. Then they began to read the letter.
For the next five minutes, I could only hear the ticking of the wall clock and probably, an occassional sighing from either Presido or sister Rita or both of them.
"Davy, I am not understanding this" Presido spilled out after reading the letter. Only God knows what might have been running through his mind.
"Me too" sister Rita chipped in.
I couldn't hold down the anger (or fustration as you may think) anymore.
"If I could remember, I wrote 'Dear God' and not 'Dear Presido', so please mind your business!" I blurted out.
Presido was not moved by my anger. He seemed nonchalant."What difference does it make?" He asked or rather said.
He was definitely not referring to me.
But I still had to answer him.
"The difference is that I am answerable to God and not Man".
My pride had started playing out again!
Sister Rita had to intervene with her sweet voice that (always) had an effect on me.
"Davy, all these drama you are acting up won't help matters. Why don't you put to shame that devilsh voice speaking to you and open up to us".
"...not necessary" I never knew when those words slipped from my tongue.
"Remember, I am your close friend and also the youth president. God has given me the mandate to see to the welfare of my 'sheeps'". Presido had to remind me.
It was as if his word were magical...no, miraclous. For it must have been from God.
This time around, my heart melted and I opened up.
"I am embarking on a journey..." I began.
"To where?" sister Rita interrupted.
"To hell!" Those words were becoming 'friendly' to me.
Re: ~A Pin Of Pain~ Short Story By Anthcunny by AnthCunny(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
Episode 3
"You must be crazy, you know that". Presido had to come in.
For lack of words, I brought out the rat poison to show them.
"All I need is hot water to dilute it and then I am off!"
"This is serious" Sister Rita commented.
"But why?" Presido asked "You of all people".
"The Devil is not a respecter of personality. He visits both young and old, rich and poor, beautiful and ugly". I emphasized. "So he decided to visit me through Stino. You remember him?"
Presido and sister Rita nodded silmutaneously.
"He influenced me. He persuaded me into having a girlfriend. Even when it was not necessary for me. He painted it to be a golden apple. He told me how beautiful life is having a 'babe'-as he calls it. He told me fake lies and stupid benefits.
"I thought I was 'flexing' life. I felt on top of the world. Not until she called me last week, telling me that she was carrying my baby".
Sister Rita's mouth immediately formed an 'O' shape. Presido simply shook his head."Since then" I continued "life has been so miserable.I just feel like leaving the world. There is nothing worth living for..."
"No! The is everything worth living for" Presido interrupted. "Have you forgotten what 2 Corithians 5:17 says?
'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here' (NIV)
"No matter how many times we go astray, God is ever willing to draw us back and make us a new creation. And then we shall become anew".
Fresh tears spilled out again. This time, not of pain, but of hope.
"But what about the forthcoming baby its mother?" I asked bluntly.
"That won't pose a serious problem to your salvation. You will just have to inform your parents and just adapt to fatherhood. Ask God to see you through. And with hope and faith in God, that baby will be a blessing in disguise".
It was as if a heavy log of wood have been lifted off me. Yes! there is hope. God will give me a second chance."Hahahaha" I gave a silent laugh.
"What for?" sister Rita was getting scared.
"The Devil has just lost another soul" I answered.
The duo couldn't help but joined me in laughing. Presido prayed for me. and with renewed hope I got up, refreshed and joined them in going to church for the church labour. We were already an hour late, but it was worth it!
~THE END~
Special thanks to those who took out time to read this piece.
You might just want to criticise this piece (constructively) , appreciate it or even inspire someone else in the comment box.
# I_love_Jesus
# I_believe_in_hi m
...don't know about you.

(1) (Reply)

. / The Day He Said It Was Over... I Cried��� / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.