Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide (334364 Views)

Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Federal University Oye-ekiti (FUOYE) 2018/2019 Admission Thread / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 10:15am On Jan 27, 2018
Nuel25846:
angry I spent more than 400naira sending that code with both my airtel and 9mobile line....if people don't start suing this rot will continue to eat deep....Deckline I hope when u finally become a lawyer u will look into the case.
Lol.. Thanks for believing in me. I will personally ensure that this barbaric, timewasting,peripathetic and stressful JAMB brouhaha is checkmated,corrected and suitably comfortable for candidates so as to achieve an exquisite success. #Gracias brother.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

Lol.. Thanks for believing in me. I will personally ensure that this barbaric, timewasting,peripathetic and stressful JAMB brouhaha is checkmated,corrected and suitably comfortable for candidates so as to achieve an exquisite success. #Gracias brother.
I hope its not just grammar and when you get there you join the crowd,Nigeria will greatly improve if people can stand for what is right even if they are the only one
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chixco95(m): 10:32am On Jan 27, 2018
do I have a chance of being admitted if I choose UI as second choice?
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 10:36am On Jan 27, 2018
Rachealoduah:
I hope its not just grammar and when you get there you join the crowd,Nigeria will greatly improve if people can stand for what is right even if they are the only one
I cross my heart.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 10:37am On Jan 27, 2018
Chixco95:
Lol... Do you seriously need an answer for that?
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chixco95(m): 10:39am On Jan 27, 2018
MrHistorian:
What exactly do you need help on?
Your initial question. . . .Yes,I am.
do I have a chance of being admitted if I choose it as first choice only?
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nuel25846(m): 10:45am On Jan 27, 2018
Chixco95:
Yes,u can get admitted into University of Ibadan teaching hospital,if u put them as second choice and fall ill.

4 Likes

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 27, 2018
Chixco95:

do I have a chance of being admitted if I choose it as first choice only?
yes you have a chance,if you're sure of getting nothing less than 350 or even 400 in jamb and post utme and having nothing less than 5A's in your o'level for a course like medicine and surgery that's if its not even higher, but my brother why ui if not for anything but for the large number of candidates applying for this school,its dem too risky,I guess its your first time writing jamb so,try your luck!
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Bolakumi: 11:22am On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:

You had issues with seeing your pin because of traffick. The wave is now bombarded because its getting to its closing date.
Thanks man i really appreciate.....i had to call Glo customer care before they now ask me to resend it.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Deckline(m): 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Bolakumi:

Thanks man i really appreciate.....i had to call Glo customer care before they now ask me to resend it.
Alright dear. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Bolakumi: 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2018
Deckline:
Alright dear. God bless you.
AMEN.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 28, 2018
Pls can I use my jupeb certificate gotten at lasu to study radiography in unilag
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 28, 2018
Rachealoduah:
yes you have a chance,if you're sure of getting nothing less than 350 or even 400 in jamb and post utme and having nothing less than 5A's in your o'level for a course like medicine and surgery that's if its not even higher, but my brother why ui if not for anything but for the large number of candidates applying for this school,its dem too risky,I guess its your first time writing jamb so,try your luck!

I doubt you know anything about UI current mode of admission.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2018
CondomSir:

the little I know is what I wrote,that you'll need a high jamb score and a good wassce result and quite a large number of candidates select this school every year hence the competition.pls enlighten me on the current mode of admission cause these are the few I know of except I'm wrong and with these I won't even ask my blood bro to select the school except he's got few years to spare.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chixco95(m): 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2018
[quote author=Nuel25846 post=64552126]
Yes,u can get admitted into University of Ibadan teaching hospital,if u put them as second choice and fall ill.
Bro,Na Fight
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chixco95(m): 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2018
[quote author=Rachealoduah post=64552820]yes you have a chance,if you're sure of getting nothing less than 350 or even 400 in jamb and post utme and having nothing less than 5A's in your o'level for a course like medicine and surgery that's if its not even higher, but my brother why ui if not for anything but for the large number of candidates applying for this school,its dem too risky,I guess its your first time writing jamb so,try your luck!
I'm Applying For Computer Science
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
Rachealoduah:
the little I know is what I wrote,that you'll need a high jamb score and a good wassce result and quite a large number of candidates select this school every year hence the competition.pls enlighten me on the current mode of admission cause these are the few I know of except I'm wrong and with these I won't even ask my blood bro to select the school except he's got few years to spare.

In this just about to be concluded admission, you don't need high o'level grades, as your o'level results will not be awarded any scores, unlike the likes of Unilag, OAU, Funaab, etc. Therefore what you need is a minimum of C6 in your relevant subjects.

Also, UI is not the most selected university in Nigeria as a last year, not even second or third. You can confirm that via JAMB statistics. Not allowing your blood brother to pick UI is same as not allowing him to pick Unilag, Unilorin, OAU, UNN, ABU. They all have very high candidates every year.

To qualify for admission in UI, you must score a minimum of 200 in UTME and 50% in post UTME. What determines how high your scores should be is how competitive your chosen course is.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2018
CondomSir:

In this just about to be concluded admission, you don't need high o'level grades, as your o'level results will not be awarded any scores, unlike the likes of Unilag, OAU, Funaab, etc. Therefore what you need is a minimum of C6 in your relevant subjects.

Also, UI is not the most selected university in Nigeria as a last year, not even second or third. You can confirm that via JAMB statistics. Not allowing your blood brother to pick UI is same as not allowing him to pick Unilag, Unilorin, OAU, UNN, ABU. They all have very high candidates every year.

To qualify for admission in UI, you must score a minimum of 200 in UTME and 50% in post UTME. What determines how high your scores should be is how competitive your chosen course is.

didn't you read my post well where did I say it is the most selected uni,talking about jamb statistics how many students applied for the school and how many were given admission,is it not just 9000 or a few digits more out of more than about 15000 that's if its not more than that what happens to the rest who weren't given admission ,don't just like the idea how people pack themselves like sardine to a particular school and who is talking about qualification for admission,I'm talking about getting the course you opt for not just getting admitted.OK you want to tell me now that if I score 200 I'll be given medicine and surgery hence the reason for a very high jamb score abi you no need that one too.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
Chixco95 I don't knowoo,I'm not a ui student neither am I an aspirant,ask this guy above(condomsir) that doesn't understand what I'm trying to say and is arguing with me he is a statistics 100 level student in ui,there is also a thread for ui aspirant they should have an answer on that.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by kenzkeys(m): 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
Rachealoduah:

I doubt you know anything about UI current mode of admission. [/quote]
the least u can do is to encourage people... you won't lose anything for doing that.

this clearly shows u av so little idea on admission proceedings in these schools.

just pass and keep quiet than kill an optimistic Nigerian's dream!
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
kenzkeys:

the least u can do is to encourage people... you won't lose anything for doing that.

this clearly shows u av so little idea on admission proceedings in these schools.

just pass and keep quiet than kill an optimistic Nigerian's dream!
oga what did I say last ehn "try your luck"abi you no see that one and what did I say that will kill dreams that you need a high jamb score and good wassce result to tell him about the competition that is at stake so he can choose wisely I don't know why you and your co are attacking me,the advice I gave him is the same advice I'll give to my own brother and allow him choose besides admission now is something that must be planned very well if not you'll just loose it,besides I made reference to MBBS so the need for the jamb score,if somebody with 320 jamb couldn't get admitted into mbbs all in the name of "she didn't meet the cut off"what's now the safe score.pls my post was in reference to MBBS and keep quiet too and don't try to quote when you don't understand what the person is saying,if you're smart enough you'll observe that I exaggerated a bit what type of a person are you anyway not to tell people what's at stake so they can be fully prepared.pls I'm tired of explaining my self say whatever you want to say am not replying I don't talk this much.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Frankestein08(m): 6:24am On Jan 29, 2018
Hello guys, my younger brother wrote putme at UNIZIK and I've been checking his admission status ever since but what it shows is "admission in progress, check later" until this morning when I checked and saw that he has been admitted but according to the admission slip, registrar closed 22nd December, 2017 and biometric scan date & time is scheduled at "Tue, 29 Jan 2018" which I think is an error cos Tue is tomorrow, 30th.

I don't know if admission is still on and one can still pay the acceptance fee, pls guys I need detailed info right now if you know about UNIZIK admission process. Thanks
*screenshot below*

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chixco95(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2018
Rachealoduah:
Chixco95 I don't knowoo,I'm not a ui student neither am I an aspirant,ask this guy above(condomsir) that doesn't understand what I'm trying to say and is arguing with me he is a statistics 100 level student in ui,there is also a thread for ui aspirant they should have an answer on that.
Thanks
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Chixco95(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2018
CondomSir:

I'm Applying For Computer Science
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by midehill(m): 11:56am On Jan 29, 2018
condomsir

thehistorian

pes13

ajet001

samuelizz

please guys I have a question concerning ui clearance...if someone have a issue in the waec certificate concerning date of birth...let's say instead of 1997 on the waec certificate is 1996

what will be the consequence for that

wat will ui tell d person to do...

pls reply guys
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Pes13: 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
midehill:
condomsir

thehistorian

pes13

ajet001

samuelizz

please guys I have a question concerning ui clearance...if someone have a issue in the waec certificate concerning date of birth...let's say instead of 1997 on the waec certificate is 1996

what will be the consequence for that

wat will ui tell d person to do...

pls reply guys
I think you need solution instead.

Solution 1

Get an affidavit.

Solution 2

Find out if WAEC could do anything about it.
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by midehill(m): 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2018
Pes13:
Solution 1
Get an affidavit.
Solution 2

ok anybody else
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2018
Pes13:

Solution 1

Get an affidavit.

Solution 2

Good afternoon sir,from your previous post I can tell you're a newly admitted MBBS student and you had a good score of 322,CONGRATULATIONS!my question is this did you ever know you'll score this high,how did you prepare(pls be sincere)and what advice have you got for me,I've written jamb two times now with scores of 194 &240 respectively for MBBS I've registered again for the same course,I've gone through my physics,chemistry and biology textbooks back and forth and gone through my past questions with scores in range 35,38,40 respectively for the subjects.pls I'll greatly appreciate any more advice from you like prov 11:14 says,I really commend your fighting spirit,a big thumbs up to you sir.

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Ofoegbus(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
Start here to Practice JAMB CBT Online for free http://www.freecbttest.com/utme/
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by germaphobe(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
Rachealoduah:
Good afternoon sir,from your previous post I can tell you're a newly admitted MBBS student and you had a good score of 322,CONGRATULATIONS!my question is this did you ever know you'll score this high,how did you prepare(pls be sincere)and what advice have you got for me,I've written jamb two times now with scores of 194 &240 respectively for MBBS I've registered again for the same course,I've gone through my physics,chemistry and biology textbooks back and forth and gone through my past questions with scores in range 35,38,40 respectively for the subjects.pls I'll greatly appreciate any more advice from you like prov 11:14 says,I really commend your fighting spirit,a big thumbs up to you sir.
. Same with you bro
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
germaphobe:
. Same with you bro
Hi I'm a sis and wat's same
Re: 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide by Pes13: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
Rachealoduah:

To start with, I knew I would score very high. I was even optimistic of 340+ after clicking submit.

I have once scored 188 in jamb xo u can score higher than me.

It wasn't a walk in the park.

I will tell you the better truth, I read like a mad man.

15 hrs reading, marathon reading, aside eating and sleeping, the only thing I do is reading.

You will think you have read adequately until you consult different materials.

One secret about reading is most student spend too much time on the wrong textbook,I didnt know this on time. I keep reading but the materials are not good enough.

I then decide to have at least two textbooks for a subject.

For example- an average student needs ababio + lamlad+ loads of past questions for chemistry while a good student can go with essential chemistry only.

If you want to score very high, do this three things

1. GET RICH MATERIALS- Don't just buy any book. I can recommend the best combinations of textbooks if you want. Invest in past questions. Dont rely on jamb past questions only.

2. HAVE A HEART OF A CHAMPION- Scoring 35,38, 40 out of 50 is just too poor. Go for the killer score 48/50 49/50. Don't be satisfy with average. Look for a way to right your wrong answers.

3. PASSION- This is the major factor that helped me. Passion made me spend money on books and past questions. Passion made me read for 14 hrs 16 hrs with just 5-10 minutes break without getting bored. Passion made me, who could not solve more than 15/50 in physics past questions score 93/100 in utme physics.

Back then , I don't understand what I read, they seems difficult, I couldnt answer several questions , I forget a lot of things but I kept pressing on my own until I hit the fountain of water. I wasn't discourage. I didn't give in

I hope this help a bit.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (157) (Reply)

2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / [Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.