Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) (71834 Views)

Paul Allen: Late Microsoft Co-founder's Art Collection Sells For $1.5 Billion / Chinese Vase Valued Below $2,000 Sells For Nearly $9 Million After Bidding War / Adejoke Lasisi Makes A Portrait Of Ooni Of Ife With Pure Water Sachets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Daeylar(f): 11:13am On Nov 16, 2017
Lol almost collapsed when I saw the price, $450million for one painting. Damn

It's no one's business how people choose to spend their money, why are some posters angry at the money spent?

5 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by ogbiwa: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2017
People questioning why someone would pay that much for just a painting, you don't understand that these things have now become more than just art. An original painting by Da Vinci himself is currency. These are assets. The worth is in the value that the painting holds, not the painting itself. The Mona Lisa's value has been pegged at "Invaluable". That means there's no amount of money offered in the world that can buy it. And it's by the same Da Vinci that painted this one. You think he's buying it to beautify his living room? Except he lives in a highly guarded fortress and even at that he won't cos you dont want to know how many international art crime organizations that would be after that painting. Do you know how many attempts have been made to steal the Mona Lisa even in a heavily guarded museum? So the owner is not just buying a painting but also a means to store up wealth, just like people who buy large diamonds or gold and store them in bank vaults. These paintings of high value could also act as an item of power and influence. And no, they're not buying because it contains any "codes or maps".

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2017
adwem2003:
I'm I the only one who thinks this is madness?
make money first before u ask

2 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by free2ryhme: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
na who buy am
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by grandstar(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
adwem2003:

When you're worth $10b and you're shares have increased by $2b this year, that's most likely chicken change

4 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Abbeyme: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Queenlovely:
My uncle would have used thugs or charm to silence other buyers. Then he would have gotten it for free.

He bought a house at Victoria island lagos for just 150 thousand Naira only as against the original 50 million. How he did it still remains a puzzle to me

Where's the receipt.

6 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by free2ryhme: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Daeylar:
Lol almost collapsed when I saw the price, $450million for one painting. Damn

almost collapse for money wey you no see and wey no be your own undecided undecided

you go just die for nothing

3 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
adwem2003:

No you're not.

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Peejoeee(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
Wait o. That's not a black man
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Amberon11: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2017
Meanwhile this drawing is worth more than Davido's father but he won't let us hear word with his OBO.

3 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by AlexCk: 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
My mentor.
Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci.

Gosh!, Tom Riley acted Da Vinci role soooo well in the series: daVinci's demon

3 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by emperormossad(m): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2017
Queenlovely:
My uncle would have used thugs or charm to silence other buyers. Then he would have gotten it for free.

He bought a house at Victoria island lagos for just 150 thousand Naira only as against the original 50 million. How he did it still remains a puzzle to me
Please can you give me the link to that your uncle?
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Ikengawo: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2017
Art doubles in price as the years come. This is an investment for those that don't know.

3 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by opineflu(m): 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2017
endtime rich men
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by psalmhorah(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
the person who bought it has his own reason for buying ....Leonardo davinci works are not child's play ...

5 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by joystickextend1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
Just imagine.. That kind of money

. Meanwhile guy's check out my profile for your extender products and other adult toys...
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by kenchizzy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2017
NIGERIAN artisans be like grin PROULDRY ARTIST OR I WOULD BE LIKE DAVINCI.......my dear village people are really working on your poverty road

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by koolModee: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2017
Simply go and make more money and help the rest of the world.
Eaa247:
Money being wasted when poverty and diseases are ravaging a greater number of the world's population
May ppl b conscious enough to help one another!!!

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2017
sisisioge:
...but Jesus isn't that ugly nau. Whew! Ugly painting!
u don see jesus

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by AnodaIT(m): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
Those peeps are using a "TELEPHONE" for a $400m bidding and we are here dying for a breakable iPhone X

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by jeronimo(m): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2017
ogbiwa:
People questioning why someone would pay that much for just a painting, you don't understand that these things have now become more than just art. An original painting by Da Vinci himself is currency. These are assets. The worth is in the value that the painting holds, not the painting itself. The Mona Lisa's value has been pegged at "Invaluable". That means there's no amount of money offered in the world that can buy it. And it's by the same Da Vinci that painted this one. You think he's buying it to beautify his living room? Except he lives in a highly guarded fortress and even at that he won't cos you dont want to know how many international art crime organizations that would be after that painting. Do you know how many attempts have been made to steal the Mona Lisa even in a heavily guarded museum? So the owner is not just buying a painting but also a means to store up wealth, just like people who buy large diamonds or gold and store them in bank vaults. These paintings of high value could also act as an item of power and influence. And no, they're not buying because it contains any "codes or maps".

Thanks, no need for me to write anymore, you just took the letters out of my keyboard

4 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by romoruyi(m): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
The normality of this world presently is madness. Technology makes the madness normal.
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by tishbite41(m): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
Jesus Christ, the Man who changed the world for good.

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2017
koolModee:
Simply go and make more money and help the rest of the world.

am gladly doing solving ppl's problems.
hope dat settles ur statement?
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by miqos02(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2017
nice
Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Templa(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
Make in just download the picture too na.. All picture na picture...

5 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
Leonardo da vinci a highly gifted and talented humanbeing not just in arts bt in science and music and many other areas.

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by magzey: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
adwem2003:

NO!!! I SECONDED YOU BROS grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2017
Auctions of Arts are high-level money laundering schemes.

5 Likes

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by Shaw007(m): 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
Queenlovely:

just dey lie for every thread... i don dey observe you for this NL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) by magzey: 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2017
MAGU SHOULD BE HIRED TO VISIT THE BUYERS. embarassed undecided undecided grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alex Peter, Nigerian Artist Who Draws With Razor Blade On Wood. Photos / Female Artists Staring At A Nude Man Standing In Front Of Them (Photos) / Adejoke Lasisi Makes A Portrait Of Ooni Of Ife With Pure Water Sachets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.