Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Our Governor Has Gone Mad Again !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Governor Has Gone Mad Again !!! (643 Views)

No Governor Has Denied Collecting Money From NDDC’ / No S/east Governor Has Allocated Land For RUGA Settlement - Archbishop Chukwuma / Quit Notice: Our Governor, Withdraw Ownership Of Igbo Properties - Abdulazeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Governor Has Gone Mad Again !!! by Ugik(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2017
As an SS1 student in 2006 at university of Nigeria secondary school,Enugu campus,literature wasn't entirely my best subject. Well,due to so many reasons,I just didnt enjoy the subject but one thing still endeared me to it and thats the comedy novel by late Ola Rotimi titled "Our Husband has gone mad again"..The novel depicts the story of an old army general,Major lejoka brown,who lived in the past glory of his exploits and felt he had all it takes to win the state election. Eventually,he devices all political means and alliances to win the election but he lost cos he wasn't in touch with 21st century reality & coupled with the fact that his wives who were myopic and supporting him earlier,became enlightened and turned against him cos they wanted to better their lot and they believed they deserve more.
Gov Rocha's Okorocha is not far from the man,Lejoka Brown in so many respects. 2011 was the year Gov Rocha's took the political sphere by surprise. With so much love and support,he defeated an incumbent under the platform of a party that had no grand political bearing in IMO state.Rocha's was the man we all loved,worshiped and adored. The story seems to be different now as Gov Rocha's seems to be on antipodes with the people of IMO state that there's been an antipathy towards his government. Every policy statement he has made in the last couple of months seems to be anthithesis to the yearnings of his people. My governor,like lejoka Brown seems not to be in touch with reality anymore.
Despite the criticism that trailed the proposed demolition of a market in owerri and a subsisting court order asking the state government to maintain status quo,the government still went ahead with their plan and in the midst of the chaos that resulted due to that action,a young boy was killed..As if that wasn't enough heat,the salary of state workers were been owed but who says we can't overlook it? we can forgive that cos many governors are owing due to the recession and the oil glut problem,the financial power of every state seems to be affected. The governor was forgiven,everyone exercised patience believing that once money comes,the problems will be solved.
These were my humane thoughts until the statue of Jacob Zuma made headlines,reportedly costing over 500million.Money sufficient enough to settle the problems of the state. Just when we thought,we have heard the last of it,the statue of Ellen Johnson sirlreaf,president of Liberia got erected and now the reports in our dailys have it that the statue of Ghana's president has also been unveiled.

Its said that whoever the gods wants to punish,they first make mad but I honestly hope that won't be the case of Gov Rochas. The IMO people just like the wife's of Lejoka Brown are wiser and really want to better their lot. The earlier he realizes this,the better for him,else he will lose the little goodwill he is enjoying and may end up been a,political loner who will have an undecided future in the politics of IMO state after 2019.
Re: Our Governor Has Gone Mad Again !!! by 9jaDoc(f): 12:45am On Nov 17, 2017
Mad
Re: Our Governor Has Gone Mad Again !!! by lawrenzi(m): 6:04am On Nov 17, 2017
You say mad!

(1) (Reply)

FG Unfolds Plan For Rehabilitation Of South-East Roads, Others Before Yuletide.. / Cartoon: Why El Rufai Wants To Sack Kaduna Teachers / Fani Kayode Praises Buhari Over Statement On Libya Slave Trade (read What He Sai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.