Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) (2061 Views)

Gizdodo Recipe / How To Prepare Peppered Gizzard / How To Make Gizdodo (gizzard & Plantain) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2017
Gizdodo also known as dodo and gizzard is a delicious Nigerian meal which is prepared mainly with fried plantain (ripe) and spiced gizzard and of course both mixed with sauce. I promise never to take much of your time on this tutorial. Let’s get to it already.
What you need
Chicken Gizzards
Ripe Plantain
Red bell pepper – popularly known as Tatashe
Green pepper
Habanero pepper/ scroth bonnet known as ata rodo here in Nigeria
Curry powder
Onions
Salt
Tomatoes
Dried thyme
Vegetable oil
How to
Step 1
You need to boil the gizzard first and don’t forget to add some seasoning like chopped onions, magi and little salt to the boiling water. Leave it to soften to some extent but not too much. Just like a bit soften.
Step 2
While the gizzard boils, you should dice the plantain into cubes, salt it and fry it make sure you let the plantain clamps together by leaving it inside the oil, that is let it relaxed inside the frying oil and reduce or turn off your cooker. Waste not the vegetable oil after frying it so you can still use it to fry the boiled gizzards.
Step 3
Chop the onions, blend the Habanero pepper (Ata rodo), Red bell pepper ( tatashe), green pepper (becareful of how many you’d add or else it will add some bitterness to your sauce) and boil till the water content has evaporated.
Step 4
Now take out some of the oil used to fry the chicken gizzard and plantain, pour into your saucepan and add the curry powder, dried thyme and fry for like a minute add some chopped onions (and any other spicy you would love to add like tomatoes and all) and wait till they wilt and soften and then add the boiled blended pepper mix. Stir and allow it to fry, till it thickens and you think it has absorb some oil.
Step 5
Now add the fried gizzards and make sure to lower the heat from your cooker this is for your gizzard to soften and absorb the mixed flavors of the pan.
Step 6
Once the gizzard stew has stickened, add your fried plantain (dodo). Leave it till the dodo clamps together with the gizzards. Stir and allow them all to become blended together till you can’t differentiate the dodo from the gizzards in the mixture.
And that’s it. Please don’t forget to waybill some to me please after preparation. Don’t eat alone, share with someone. Enjoy

more at
http://encyclohow.com/2017/09/18/how-to-prepare-dodo-and-gizzard-gizdodo-recipe/

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) by Ajicold(f): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2017
I call this plantain in gizzard
Re: How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) by phintohlar(f): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Yummy.. Thanks dear
Re: How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
phintohlar:
Yummy.. Thanks dear
where is mine?
Re: How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) by phintohlar(f): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
paybak:
where is mine?
on it's way
Re: How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) by cris07(m): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ajicold:
I call this plantain in gizzard
hey ajicold
Re: How To Prepare Dodo And Gizzard (gizdodo Recipe) by Ajicold(f): 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hi

(1) (Reply)

It's Time For Endless Munch It Guys! :) / The Importance Of Pig Farming / Gatorade Vs Pepsi, Which One Is A Better Energy Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.