Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,325 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Rivers Reps Consulted Me Before Honoring Governor Wike’s Invitation – ABE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Reps Consulted Me Before Honoring Governor Wike’s Invitation – ABE (914 Views)

Group Asks NBA To Withdraw Obasanjo, Wike’s Invitation / Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha / Senator Shehu Sani Granted "Self Bail" After Honoring Police Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Reps Consulted Me Before Honoring Governor Wike’s Invitation – ABE by towncrierng1: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2017
Governor Wike’s invitation, The senator representing Rivers South-East District in the National Assembly, Senator Magnus Ngei Abe has declared that members of the Rivers State caucus in the House of Representatives who visited Governor Ezenwo Nyesom Wike recently was on the Governor’s invitation

Governor Wike and Hon Chidi Whihioka rep. Emohua/Ikwerre FWIederal constituency of APC during the visit to Government House PH (Abe) was duely consulted.

Abe, in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Thursday by his Spokesperson, Parry Saroh Benson, said contrary to media reports, the federal lawmakers were at Government House, Port Harcourt, on the invitation of the governor.

The senator said the comments made by the member representing Tai/Eleme/Oyigbo Federal Constituency, Dr. Barry Mpigi, has been manipulated by those seeking to score cheap political points.

The statement reads in part, “My attention has been drawn to the needless controversy surrounding the recent visit of the Rivers House of Reps caucus which includes members of the House of Representatives elected on the platform of the APC to the Rivers State Government house on the invitation of the Governor”.

“On receipt of the Governor’s invitation I was consulted by the House of Representatives Caucus and I did not just agree, I insisted that members honour the Governor’s invitation (which for the first time was extended to all parties)”.

“It is important that though we belong to different political parties we should maintain lines of communication within the government that will enable us to serve our people better, which is the reason we were elected in the first place. Rivers state is not the only state where some lawmakers and the Governor are from opposing parties”.

“Hon Barry Mpigi’s comment during the visit has been manipulated by those seeking to score cheap political points. Yes, Hon Mpigi commended the Governor but he also went further to say that the several areas in which the APC administration has done well the PDP should also find the courage to commend the APC Government, as politics should not be a do or die affair”.

“However that part of speech which does feed the desired narrative of those seeking to exploit the visit for political gain has been carefully ignored. I urge all Rivers people without recourse to political affiliation to ignore the politics and focus on the positives”.

It would be recalled the visit which included APC members in the House of Representatives ruffled feathers in the APC camp as the press statement that emaneted from the visit by the Governor’s media aides created the impression that the APC members praised Governor Wike’s performances to high heavens.

READ MORE: www.towncrier.ng

Re: Rivers Reps Consulted Me Before Honoring Governor Wike’s Invitation – ABE by RZArecta(m): 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2017
Magnus Abe is the undisputed leader of APC in rivers state, a true charismatic gentleman who was badly influenced for a brief while by that rogue Amaechi cool

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Reps Consulted Me Before Honoring Governor Wike’s Invitation – ABE by Grundig: 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
I see Magnus Abe as governor in waiting. But he won't achieve it while in APC cos Amaechi will do everything in his powers to stop it.

Magnus Abe should prepare for 2023.
Re: Rivers Reps Consulted Me Before Honoring Governor Wike’s Invitation – ABE by NigerDeltan(m): 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2017
They are all PDP members

When its time everybody will blend

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man Set To Replace Robert Mugabe / Nigerian Railway To Maradi In Niger Republic? No Way! / Yusuf Buhari Departs Nigeria For Germany On Air Ambulance - Saharareporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.