Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Can Men Get Postnatal Depression? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Men Get Postnatal Depression? (604 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / Why Men Get Intimidated By Richer/successful Women / Lady Shares Transformation Photo After Almost Committing Suicide Over Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Men Get Postnatal Depression? by duferryz: 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2017
More than a quarter of new fathers in a new study showed significant levels of depression – what are the causes, and what can they do about it?

Men don’t experience pregnancy or labor. Their hormone levels don’t crash. They don’t get sore areolas. What precisely do they have to be discouraged about? A considerable amount, as per inquire about from Sweden demonstrating that, in the course of recent years, countless have battled with the progress to parenthood.

This most recent research tries to evaluate exactly what number of men get postnatal sorrow. Past investigations have found in the vicinity of 4% and 10% of men, while, in this smallish specimen of 447 Swedish fathers who volunteered (and may subsequently not speak to your normal father), a shocking 28% of men had manifestations that scored above mellow levels of despondency. Generally speaking, 4% had direct wretchedness. Less than one out of five fathers who were discouraged looked for help, despite the fact that 33% of those had contemplated hurting themselves. While ladies in the UK are frequently solicited an arrangement from questions that screen for postnatal gloom (which influences up to 13% of ladies), the psychological wellness of fathers is once in a while evaluated.

Source: https://mediarepotas.com/2017/11/16/can-men-get-postnatal-depression/

Re: Can Men Get Postnatal Depression? by Nbote(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2017
Yes ooo... D whole baby sitting and staying awake at nite, baby cries and papmpering is enough to make some men become a nervous wreck
Re: Can Men Get Postnatal Depression? by babythug(f): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2017
If they do, it'll probably be linked to the strain from all expenditure for the baby!

1 Like

Re: Can Men Get Postnatal Depression? by Ranchhoddas: 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Sissies.
Re: Can Men Get Postnatal Depression? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
babythug:
If they do, it'll probably be linked to the strain from all expenditure for the baby!

Asin my sista, No be small expenditure oh. I dey dere when my sista dey purchase her baby things. O boy...you must spend cash whether you like it or not cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Is My Mothers Death The Result Of My Bad Karma? / Three Kubwa Pupils Die After Allegedly Eating Biscuits From Classmate (photo) / Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.