Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

“i'm Not Buhari’s Enemy, Criticism Is Good For Democracy” - Ayo Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “i'm Not Buhari’s Enemy, Criticism Is Good For Democracy” - Ayo Fayose (293 Views)

Aisha Buhari Rocks N1.5million Oscar De Larenta Dress For Democracy Day Dinner / Pastor Canon Iyke Egbuonu Says "The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari" / The Man In Aso Rock Is Not Buhari - Fani-kayode Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“i'm Not Buhari’s Enemy, Criticism Is Good For Democracy” - Ayo Fayose by bumi10(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2017
I'm a little bit in a state of confusion here. Is Ayo Fayose about to decamp to APC? For sometime now, the governor of Ekiti, Ayodele Fayose has been trying so hard to attract the interest or the good side of Mr. President.

According Fayose, President Muhammadu Buhari criticism by me or any other person, are acts to strengthen democracy and, as such, critics should not be seen as enemies.

“I am not Buhari’s enemy, the opposition is the strength of democracy; it ensures that the electorates get value for their votes,” he said. “Those who criticise your government are not your enemies, they are catalysts to your growth as a government.”

On the occasion of his 57th birthday, Governor Fayose said his greatest wish was to wake up on Wednesday (November 15) to receive a congratulatory message from President Buhari.

He continued:

“The President would have made a difference if he had extended such gesture to others beyond his political party, such a congratulatory message should have been conveyed through his Minister of Information.

“I would have loved to either wake up receiving a congratulatory call from him or read it in the papers – but since it is not coming, it is not a big deal to me and I take no offence on it.”

The governor said one of the reasons he is being loved and cheered by all was because of his love for the ordinary man. He said he has decided to celebrate his birthday with artisans, motorcycle riders, market women and men among other masses on the streets.

“My birthday will be celebrated with the common man on the streets. All the gifts I have received from family, friends and associates will be distributed to men and women on the streets of my state; this was what I did last year,” he added.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/11/im-not-buharis-enemy-criticism-is-good.html

cc mynd44 missyb3 dominique lalasticlala

Re: “i'm Not Buhari’s Enemy, Criticism Is Good For Democracy” - Ayo Fayose by Yeligray(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2017
Criticism is one of the forms of political participation..
Observation; okorocha, buhari, lai mohammed, el rufai should expect more.
Re: “i'm Not Buhari’s Enemy, Criticism Is Good For Democracy” - Ayo Fayose by olasaad(f): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2017
It's a good thing that sense is gradually falling on Foyose. But PMB birthday is next month so you can use that to mend fences with the president by being the first gov. to wish him hbd

(1) (Reply)

When You Force People Of Divert Culture, Language, Tradition And Understandings / Oko Poly Wants Fed Govt To Immortalise Ekwueme / $1 Billion Ogoni Cleanup Probe: FG Not Serious With Exercise – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.