Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

See Ten Things About Makurdi That May Amaze You. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Ten Things About Makurdi That May Amaze You. (1069 Views)

Scores Killed In Road Accident Along Abuja-makurdi Road (photos) / Ten Things You Should Be Aware Of Before Boarding A Plane In Nigeria / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Ten Things About Makurdi That May Amaze You. by chatinent: 1:22pm On Nov 18, 2017
Makurdi is the metropolis of Benue in Nigeria, and the fruited basket of the nation.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-iPod9XK9oMw/UESbInC4erI/AAAAAAAACsA/EmkndQ0Hb0A/s1600/farmnet.jpg[/img]
Like every other places, Makurdi also has its good and bad, and ugly parts.
1. Belle republic. If there is anywhere you could eat to satisfaction, Markurdi is sure banker. Their food is very cheap! At least, based on experience, when I went (usually) for my school clearance around North Bank (beside Naites roundabout) and stayed for almost a month, I ate to satisfaction. With a hundred naira, be sure your stomach would start singing praises.
2. Fruit-tinent. Fruits are cheap here. Little wonder the slogan 'fruit basket of the nation' befits them. You could buy a bucket of oranges for as low as a hundred naira!
3. Pigherds. This is one place pigs are domesticated. You would see pigs walking here to there, just like how fowls are usually domesticated. In fact, some cooks serve your soup with pork in Makurdi!
4. One of African's biggest rice mills is found here. The Rice Mill Otukpo in Benue State, Nigeria is one of the largest in the West African sub-region. The rice mill occupies 20 hectares of land and is equipped with about 200 milling machines. The rice mill has served as a market for raw rice products from different parts of the country ever since it was established.
5. Tourism. Benue is a nice place to be. Crossing around the River Benue is worth it; the fishermen, the canoe line-ups, the sea-food so cheap and many more! I even had an opportunity to see a crocodile fished out!
6. HIV is said to be rapidly spread in Makurdi. Mehn! It's said that HIV and other STDs are rapidly spread here. Others will also tell you that their girls are so cheap.
7. Rate of joblessness in their youth in urban and rural areas. You would see a young man at home playing Drought or card games with another instead of working, or doing other meaningless things like begging you for 'matching ground' money. Although, the discreet still works fine.
8. The 'baa' and 'fa' endings. You know what I'm talking baa? In Lagos, you hardly will hear 'baa,' in place, 'abi.' However, right here in Benue, 'abi' never was born.
9. Cults. Cultism is the 'big boys thing.' You may be taking an evening walk to be wayward by guys claiming to be 'sons of the land' and demanding you roger them some cash. These area boys are cultists. If you respond in a 'never' tune, even if not brusque, they will go and regroup and wait for you elsewhere. They claim to be vikings, ayes, bulcaneers, etc. In fact, it's difficult to see a jobless waylaid youth there that's not in any cult.
10. Wowing. Apart notoriety, in the township part, you would notice Makurdi is a really nice place to be. In the outskirts, you would find mud houses, wells for fetching water, unusual things sold in the market like prepared pap etc, roadside food joints, etc. Moreover, the town side maintains an iota of civilization even if you can't really separate their relationship.
What else do you know about Makurdi? Respond so we might update the topic at Chatdom.
Origin: http://www.chatdom.com.ng/tourism/see-ten-things-about-makurdi-that-may-amaze-you/msg45/#msg45
Cc: DisGuy, justwise, lalasticlala
Re: See Ten Things About Makurdi That May Amaze You. by Afriifa(m): 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2017
makurdi to hell is a 50 naira drop.. mehn dis people sun na fvck.
Re: See Ten Things About Makurdi That May Amaze You. by chatinent: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
makurdi to hell is a 50 naira drop.. mehn dis people sun na fvck.
So, you've been there? smiley
Re: See Ten Things About Makurdi That May Amaze You. by Afriifa(m): 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2017
chatinent:

So, you've been there? smiley
lol. I am studying at one of the Universities there.
Re: See Ten Things About Makurdi That May Amaze You. by chatinent: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2017
Afriifa:
lol. I am studying at one of the Universities there.
Which?

(1) (Reply)

List Of Low Tuition Universities In The US / Stranded In Ghana / A BRITISH Airways Manager Has Been Suspended After He Was Accused Of Selling Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.